Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Visiting The Hague - is it worth a day trip?
Posted: 2019-08-24, 5:41 pm

Grassleaf
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am visiting Amsterdam in a couple of months and recently booked my hotel there, putting me about 5 minutes away from the central train station. That puts me about an hour from The Hague and Den Haag, which caught my eye as a destination a couple of different members here had recommended as a place to monger (it even has weed cafes if I'm remembering).

I was probably planning to spend more time this trip in the privehuises than the windows, based off of what I had read on this forum about Amsterdam (Park 118 and maybe Amersfoort Prive if I wanted to spring for A-Levels), apart from a quick sweep of the smaller window areas to see if there was anyone interesting (Arab or Moroccan looking for example) some afternoons. But I was wondering if (a) going to the Diane’s Secret privehuis might offer a better service experience and (b) what it is about The Hague's windows is it that makes it much better to monger there. I've read that the starting prices are cheaper, but I'm not looking to get bombarded with upsells instead. Is it just more relaxed there away from all the tourists?
Re: Visiting The Hague - is it worth a day trip?
Posted: 2019-08-28, 5:53 pm

jimmy_nova
Some points based on your post:
  • Pretty much every city in the Netherlands has at least one coffeeshop (weed cafe).
  • Park 118 is usually great, but be prepared to pay for extras (in case you want that).
  • Amersfoort Prive is not in Amsterdam, it's in Amersfoort (hence the name), which is 25 minutes away by train.
  • I haven't been to Dianne's Secret in years, but it used to be great. Expensive though for a privehuis!
  • Windows outside Amsterdam in general seem to offer better service at cheaper prices, though I haven't been to Windows in Den Haag specifically.
Posted: 2019-08-29, 8:48 pm

Grassleaf
Thanks for the reply, and the information on towns outside Amsterdam.

Its good to know that there's plenty of weed cafes outside of the 'dam, and I'll Google this before setting off anywhere I'm liable to spending all day in.

I'll bear in mind that there's likely to be extras at the privehuis places, but it doesn't surprise me. I started mongering many moons ago in Edinburgh and it was the same with the saunas there; always upselling. Tbh, that's why I haven't entirely ruled out the windows and have been asking so many questions about where to go to get the best deal, since if everything's an extra, it helps to find the most laidback people and places.

Amersfoort isn't a problem to get to by train luckily, since I'm booked (with foresight) about 5 minutes walk from the central train station. That being said, I didn't realise...

I'll bear in mind your things about Diane's Secrets vs Den Haag (or any other) windows. An hour appointment there is €150 vs €100 for Park 118, so I see what you mean about it being expensive! Sometimes though, the extra money is worth the cost. I guess I'll find out if I make it out there.
Posted: 2019-09-08, 11:24 am

Shinken69 Power Kat
Check this

Posted: 2019-09-09, 11:19 pm

Grassleaf
Wow, might have to change up my plans and give The Hague a couple of daytime visits. I knew booking a hotel not too far from the central station was a good call. Many thanks for the link. I will definitely have to check out Crystal and Agnes at the least. Might have to book a longer holiday next time!
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: