Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 48 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Ignatzmice 10th Anniversary Party - April 2006?
Posted: 2005-10-18, 4:49 pm

lctric
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Let's shoot for some serious "10th Anniversary Party" discussion.

Only been around for a couple of years, and obviously by my post count, lurking. Amazing place though and would be one helluva get together to finally meet all of you hardcore regulars in person.

Would love to be a part of the planning and getting this to fruition. I'll be around from April 26th through early May 2006.

The boat for hire thread is a great way to start but there has got to be more than 20 people attending.

Thoughts?
Re: Ignatzmice 10th Anniversary Party - April 2006?
Posted: 2005-10-18, 4:50 pm

axxxtw Founder
You're now in charge, k?

Posted: 2005-10-18, 7:36 pm

lctric
Well, I'm not lookin' to be "in charge" by any means. Just lookin' to find other opinions on gettin' together for some type of bash in honour of the 10th Anniversary.

For example:

A meal, a canal cruise, a coffeeshop crawl, a pub crawl, a collective trip through the RLD, lol.

I've got plenty of ideas but it's all a matter of what the date(s) in question and what the members who attend are up for. Obviously you could do some type of ceremony but perhaps that's a bit much. Suggestions?!! Interest?

If there is a geniune interest I'm all up for trying to coordinate some things for a 10th Anniversary bash.
Posted: 2005-10-18, 11:21 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
You can count me in!!!!!!

Posted: 2005-10-19, 7:46 am

burgerbhoySupporting Member
Supporting Member
make it a weekend, and all the supporting members have to go!!!!
Posted: 2005-10-20, 10:26 pm

lctric
Ah well, it was worth a try.

Hope to catch some of you fine cats next April. Maybe we can round up enough to take the boat out for a few hours.

Rock N' Roll!
Posted: 2005-10-21, 10:31 am

BUTTHEADSupporting Member
Supporting Member
As I am planning to be their anyway this sounds like a great idea. Book a boat early as this is around Queen's day.
Posted: 2005-10-24, 10:40 pm

leine
Great idea! You can definitly count me in if it is on a weekend.

Greetings
leine
Roll the longest joint
Posted: 2005-10-25, 12:14 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I say: A group of 100 members from this site should all gather in Dam Square and roll the longest joint ever rolled: Get into the Guinness Book of World Records, here. Then smoke the shit and disperse in random directions...

ST
Re: Roll the longest joint
Posted: 2005-10-25, 3:03 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm in.....

Posted: 2005-10-30, 8:53 pm

CalicoJack
I'm planning on being in the 'Dam in early April anyway... this is a fantastic idea! I'll definitely keep an eye out for developments and hope to see some of you then.

Although I think a 100-strong tour of the RLD might raise a few eyebrows...
Posted: 2005-12-19, 7:02 am

greta
already thinking about our next trip

would there be any room/demand/role for an amateur cum slut as part of the celebrations?

;-)/
Posted: 2005-12-20, 3:28 pm

CalicoJack
Quote:
already thinking about our next trip

would there be any room/demand/role for an amateur cum slut as part of the celebrations?

...and if there is a 100-strong tour of the RLD, it could end up back at your hotel... I can see us all queueing down the corridor in a Houston 500 style now!!! The "Greta 100" ;-)
It is rather simple really since........................
Posted: 2005-12-20, 6:36 pm

Roland Power Kat
all you need to start is a date or dates. Would think that those that want to make it and can... will. I would suggest the end of April in time for Queensday is usually the best and in advance of the high season. Otherwise maybe late July but it is a little more crowded and expensive then. No matter the time the problem always is that you have to book your hotel space soonest. Personally I am always happy to meet people I haven't met before but know from the Board and I happen to like Queensday. Greta you would be MORE than welcome <grin> Regards. Roland
Re: It is rather simple really since........................
Posted: 2005-12-20, 8:53 pm

newyork
i am sure if somebody would take initiative and pick dates (personally i would suggest avoiding queen's day- higher prices- too many tourists), suggest a 2 star (maybe winston)and a four star (maybe victoria) hotel.... and pick one place for a dinner and a boat ride... there would be lots of guys on this board who would show, if they could. i once met one guy; oberchef... and it was fun... although i was very stoned at the time, and he had just fallen down a hole and hurt himself.
Re: It is rather simple really since........................
Posted: 2005-12-20, 11:09 pm

Luther Head
There's a couple of 100 year old wooden viewing boats moored outside of my window here at Prinsengracht. I think the big one that handles 20 people is 300 euro an hour and it's enclosed, with a small outdoor end, and I already checked and it's cool to smoke weed. If we wanted two hours, I think the guy would come down on the price. I will investigate further if there is real interest.
Hey NY your comments are noted. ...................
Posted: 2005-12-22, 3:11 pm

Roland Power Kat
The reason I suggested around Queensday is that there would be a big event on so that people could go and do other things like clubbing the Queen's night the night before and/or participating the day of.
At the end of March there is a Wasteland if someone wants to combine an AXXXTW get together with a diversion (though completely different but which like Queensday is an event that is hard to believe).
It is my view that it really is up to AXXXTW to pick the date in conjunction with some of the locals since it would be his anniversary. Regards. Roland
Hey NY your comments are noted. ...................
Posted: 2005-12-22, 3:12 pm

Roland Power Kat
The reason I suggested around Queensday is that there would be a big event on so that people could go and do other things like clubbing the Queen's night the night before and/or participating the day of.
At the end of March there is a Wasteland if someone wants to combine an AXXXTW get together with a diversion (though completely different but which like Queensday is an event that is hard to believe).
It is my view that it really is up to AXXXTW to pick the date in conjunction with some of the locals since it would be his anniversary. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-12-24, 5:35 pm

funfor2houston
Can we bring a group from Houston Texas ????
Posted: 2005-12-24, 5:55 pm

Luther Head
No sons of bitches from Houston, let alone the state of Texas, are welcome in Amsterdam, and if you Lone Star bastards do dare show your faces, by god I'll drink every one of you sons of bitches under the damn table!

(I hope you know your Seinfeld episodes, because if you do, you'll know this is a hearty inivtation to come on over, the canal water's fine!)
 [ 48 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: