Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 48 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Ignatzmice 10th Anniversary Party - April 2006?
Posted: 2005-12-24, 6:17 pm

newyork
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
luthor-- since you are there-- why not just pick a hotel-- and a date in the spring and see how many will commit. ny
Posted: 2005-12-24, 6:22 pm

Luther Head
Do you think the Christian Youth Hostel would have us?

Seriously, I think we might have trouble settling on one hotel...anyway, as far as dates, I think that should come from a pay grade higher than mine.
Posted: 2005-12-24, 7:22 pm

newyork
okay-- how about the last weekend in april? april -- say thursday april 27th to sunday april 30th. victoria hotel - on the dam, for the high rollers; greenhouse effect on warmestraat, two blocks away, for the frugal. who is interested?
Posted: 2005-12-25, 12:23 am

greta
as long as the team is the Astros ;-)

greta
Posted: 2005-12-27, 4:51 am

funfor2houston
Luther damn it behave !!! there are ladies wanting to cum . We are trying to bring a group from the Houston swinger website www.couplestouch.com . My wife and I have been there 7 times and now we have talked several other Houston couples into cuming. The ladies want to do a public sex scene but are scared of getting busted ( bisexual ladies ) . Last May my wife and another lady posed in a window for a few photos...not easy. The people from Houston that will be coming will be a lot of fun guarenteed!!!!.
Posted: 2005-12-27, 12:26 pm

Luther Head
Ohmigosh...I think I may be in over my (Luther) head.
Come on over and have a great time!
Posted: 2005-12-27, 12:30 pm

axxxtw Founder
Any date is fine by us.

For your information: The site began in April 1995, and the message board was launched April 30, 1 year later ('96). Apr-30-2006 is the10th anniverary of the message board. Ignatzmice was registered permanently on April 30, 1997(well, semi-permanently---all the way to 2013). The fact that all of this occurred on various Queens days was a coincidence---we had other, personal, reasons for doing things on these dates ;-)

Not only was it early days for us, it was early days for the whole Internet website thing, so it took a while to dawn on us that the standard interactive method of the time, the "Guestbook" we were using was inadequate. We then began our original message board, based on that early successful and widely available message board programme---Matt Wrights WWWBoard, the one we "retired" nearly two years ago. We incorporated a few features from the original board into this new-fangled one, most importantly the option to view the discussions as threaded discussions.

To get back to the point...

We're quite happy to leave all of the organizing up to anyone who cares to do it. Naturally you'll have our full cooperation ;-)

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2005-12-27, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-12-27, 3:46 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Count me in as I think that is a great weekend for the party. Although I will probably stay at the Kras, I'm in on all the group activities!!!!

Posted: 2005-12-28, 2:49 am

funfor2houston
Is this the same weekend as the Queens party ??? If it is please count us in.
Posted: 2006-01-25, 12:13 pm

dogpatch74
My two cents,

Why not reserve the Showboat and make a real party of it. Get the owners to provide some action and turn it into an FKK event.

100 guys and 15-20 girls to handle the action, seems like nice odds.

Dogpatch
Posted: 2006-01-25, 1:32 pm

newyork
something like this will only get off the ground, if axx gets behind it and markets such a trip. he could make a fortune, especially since most of us would be willing to contribute to this forum, financially. but he has shown he is not interested; perhaps he thinks it will get out of hand, or maybe he wants to remain unidentfied. ny
Posted: 2006-01-25, 7:47 pm

axxxtw Founder
newyork...

We said above:

Quote:
We're quite happy to leave all of the organizing up to anyone who cares to do it. Naturally you'll have our full cooperation ;-)

Is there something not clear about "you'll have our full cooperation" ? That includes any form of promotion we can provide. If we make a blanket invitation to anyone who cares to, to organize it, it's simply for the reason that we're a tiny volunteer staff and would welcome the assistance.

As far as members supporting this site, we're not ones to harp on the matter, or hit people over the heads constantly with pleas, ad banners, and other assorted crap, but we do have our quiet little 'donate' button up on top---if people choose to ignore it, we're not going to whine about it. In most cases we pay for things here out of our own pockets because we have no other choice. And we'll continue to do so within our own limited resources because we DO care about keeping this site online (we're quite fond of it) , even if our members do not---at least in the financial sense.

We did just reboot the supporting member list...after all, we allowed people to keep the tag, in most cases for years after the one year term expired. It's disappointing that so few actually renew. Donating is supposed to be about expressing ones support and appreciation for what we provide here, and we have provided the means to enhance the visits of many tens of thousands of visitors over the years, year after year.

Posted: 2006-01-25, 8:52 pm

newyork
axxx- don't get me wrong; you and your wonderful site are not being criticized. it's just that all attempts to make a party really happen seem to always fail. and it might be fun. and while nobody has been able to pull this off; i bet you could. not just cooperate-- but to organize. after all, we are just jackass readers of the site; you are the founder. now, as far as contributions; we all need to send in a few dollars to keep this thing going. and axx; if you do make this happen partygoers ought to be happy to contribute more to be included. ny
Posted: 2006-01-27, 1:21 am

Supporting Member
I will be glad to help organize this fiesta in any way I can and will certainly donate again upon my 1 year expiration and before. This is my favorite site on the net and has been for quite a while. I'm glad to help any way I can and would love to see a Ignatz party come together. Maybe we could get a group together whose interested in organizing this party and take it from there. I think the 1st step should be to find out how many people are REALLY interested in participating.

Posted: 2006-01-27, 2:20 am

newyork
earthly- why don't we pick out a time-- make our reservations and see how many committ. then maybe axx will let me buy a banner ad to further publicize. then maybe one of our amsterdam friends will reserve a place for a party-- maybe even aboat trip- how is last week in april or first week in may for you?
Posted: 2006-01-27, 6:52 am

funfor2houston
Please let us know as we will be in Amsterdam for the Queens holiday !!!!!!!!
Posted: 2006-01-27, 2:46 pm

Supporting Member
NY, either week is fine. I usually travel between Thursday and Monday or Tuesday, Wed at the latest. I have to be at the office at least until Thursday night which has me arriving on Friday. I'll be glad to help organize and would love to see a nice group of Ignatz folks get together and party it up. I'd even be willing to buy the first round of smoke for the entire group (within reason). I'll be staying at the Kras but will participate in any and all events. Is there anyone else interested in joining a Ignatz party planning group? Lets get the ball (joint) rolling........

Posted: 2006-01-27, 2:50 pm

Supporting Member
NY, I'll be glad to contribute with you for a banner as well.

Posted: 2006-01-27, 3:27 pm

Roland Power Kat
Why not pick a day...........Say Friday the 28th or Sunday the 30th. At present Queensday is scheduled to be on Saturday though Cohen may get pressure to go with what is the norm, the 30th, thus Sunday. City Council has decided Saturday but may be pressured to go back to the 30th and hasn't decided if it is firm yet.

Therefore my advice is to have it Friday as it wouldn't matter with Queensday no matter the day.

I suggest that we all meet somewhere for drinks in ***** bar located at ***** at say 4:00 pm. I suspect that maybe 20-30 people would show, so you want a bar with some flexibility.

Sailor's might be relatively busy on an early Friday afternoon, so perhaps a place like Sussie's Saloon on the OZV (by Damstraat) or a place on the Zeedijk like Foxy's or Casablanca or Loosje on the Waag might be more prudent. A few drinks, a few stories and maybe a Chinese meal (Hoi Tin has a back room) assuming we get along and want to do that.

All my 2 cents.

So let's choose the date, time and location.

Regards. Roland
Posted: 2006-01-27, 5:55 pm

newyork
rollo-- great suggestions-- all of them. i am in. who else? ny
 [ 48 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: