Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 15 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam Experience (Weed and Women)
Posted: 2005-11-17, 6:42 am

adventurerron
I am just now posting from my experience last march. First of all, I have to say that I love Amsterdam and the freedom that I experienced in Amsterdam. That is why I am back and planning my next trip. However, I have to say that I was very disappointed with the weed situation in Amsterdam. I tried over twenty different coffee shops and always asked the dealers what they recommended as the best. I would have to say that the weed is better here in the states. I think that they are shaking the resin and ripping off the tourist. I met a guy from England who smuggled some weed from his country and it was alot better then the weed from
Amsterdam. By the way, I met alot of great people from different countries.

As far as the women in the RLD, I would rate them the best. I had seven women in six days and had a great time. I would recommend the Park 118 experience. I only had one semi bad
experience with a dutch women, however, she fullfilled her job.

Because I am planning another trip, I would like to get some serious advice on finding the best weed. I consider myself an expert in selection and would like to know where to get the best weed that is not shaken( The one hitter type). I have been told that the locals know where to get the weed and that the coffee shops rip off the tourist. I am looking for advice from the experienced smokers and not the nubees. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ron
Re: Amsterdam Experience (Weed and Women)
Posted: 2005-11-17, 11:24 am

nolan1000
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Go to Katsu. By far the best weed in A'dam.
Posted: 2005-11-17, 11:34 am

rubadubdub
I found that a lot the times I've been this year... most of the herb has been shaken... and to be honest is not how I remember it years back... I went to BlueBird and the g13 x Haze looked like the crap I get at home.. as did something I picked up at the Grey Area...

De Kuil had some really good buds.... the Super Silver Haze was literally shining in trichromes... and the smell on your fingers from the resin did not go even after a few showers... and the taste was one that you could taste lingering in your mouth hours after... that was the kind of quality I would have expected... Katsu's Killer Green and Kali Mist was lovely...

Barneys had some good buds as well as did the Grey Area... but I had to be picky... The Grey Berry is fantastic as is the Neville's Haze at Barney's...

enjoy...
Posted: 2005-11-17, 3:35 pm

iloveamsterdam
go to central station..get the train to harleem...takes about 10 mins..when outside harleem station cross the road and go to..willie wortels cannabis shop...sample THE BEST WEED IN HOLLAND..
Posted: 2005-11-19, 4:19 am

adventurerron
Thank you all for your advice. It is a bummer that they are shaking the weed. I also found Barneys to be OK. However, I also had to be very, very picky. It was a lot of work trying to get some good weed. It is almost stopping me from going on future trips. I will definitely try the harlem shop and Katsu.

I wonder if the shaking of the weed will ever stop? When I was in the coffee shops they were loaded with tourist who did not know the difference between the good stuff and the shaken.

Thanks again for all of you who contributed to this message.

Ron
Posted: 2005-11-19, 2:38 pm

freakpa
I suspect that most of the coffeeshop owners think they are doing a service to the customers by reducing its potency. Most tourists seem to have trouble with the strong stuff.

Can you imagine what it would be like to own one of these places? Where the bouncer has to take a customer who is so pissed beyond free motion that they have to carry him out and drop him off?

Anyway, that is why the nontourist places have better weed.
Posted: 2005-11-23, 11:59 pm

jhereg
Find a seed shop with a Hollander working and ask them. i wandered into BaBa's and started talking to the guy and he was very friendly and had a good knowledge of the weed world.
he made several suggestions as to what variety was best and where to find it.
i was there seed shopping and we had a good discussion on breeding. i wish i could remember his name. but thats what you get for growing your own.
i was disappointed at the lack of variety and vibrance that the coffee shop weed had, like it was stored badly. the purple haze from bulldog was worse than commercial stuff in the states.
hope it helps.
Posted: 2005-11-24, 5:44 pm

fun_time
This all sounds great but how much money do I need to budjet for all of this weed and women?

:)
Posted: 2006-03-08, 7:04 am

adventurerron
Well, my trip is going to materialize :-) . I will be over on March 20th. I was wondering if
there is any more advice on finding the primo weed. I will try the suggestions above. I like the atmosphere of the coffee houses. I just do not like the weed selection.

Any additional advice is appreciated.

Ron
Posted: 2006-03-08, 7:20 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
You can't go wrong with the Stella Blue from Anyday
Posted: 2006-03-08, 8:05 am

polly
Man, what can I say, I've been smoking high end cannibis here in Ny for awhile and the weed that I smoked in Amsterdam was way, way, I repeat way freakin more potent than anything that I have smoked here. Jack Herrer, White Widow, far stronger than northern light, which I wish I would've smoked. Anyhow, just enjoy, you're on holiday away from the daily grind, with many beautiful cheaper than here in the states women. Be free, and enjoy. I wish I was back there with you.
Posted: 2006-03-08, 12:40 pm

freakpa
HAWAIIAN SNOW. GREENHOUSE. Search this board for a whole discussion.
Posted: 2006-03-08, 4:10 pm

Hnc69
What does it mean, that the weed is beeing "shaken", and how does "shaken" weed compare to regular? Is it also possible to reduse the potency of hash aswell, or is that allways a safe card to play?

/Henc

Posted: 2006-03-08, 4:18 pm

nolan1000
Hi Hnc69,

The following URL details the "Shake and Sell" practice:

http://www.hiptravelguide.com/amsterdam ... hp?sid=143

We must be cautious... ;-)

Nolan.
Posted: 2006-03-09, 7:04 am

adventurerron
Thanks guys for all the advice!
I will try every suggestion on this post. I can't wait. I am also going to take a flight to Prague.

What a vacation!

Ron
 [ 15 posts ] 

Jump to: