Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Help planning & $ Trip through Amsterdam and Germany
Posted: 2005-12-08, 12:14 am

elitebuff
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
New to the board, thanks to all for all the great information - I have been reading all the posts for for the past couple of days and my eyes are hurting already.

My question is: Am planning a trip Amsterdam in the next couple of months, very flexible about where I am going after that.

1. Is 2-3 days enough in Amsterdam?
2. What kind of budget should I be looking at (looking at 2 girls/night/good quality, but no to much $
4. I have a thing for (eastern) european women, being from Florida, I have had my share of south/central americans, would like something different.
3. Is Germany (frankfurt) worth going after Amsterdam?
4. Taxi drivers reputable for providing insight to where to go?
5. It seems that Amsterdam is pretty compact - most hotels near the places I would want to visit?

Thanks for your help!
Re: Help planning & $ Trip through Amsterdam and Germany
Posted: 2005-12-08, 1:13 am

Luther Head
If you would be satisfied with 2 to 3 days in Heaven, then 2-3 days in Amsterdam should suffice.
Posted: 2005-12-08, 8:30 am

a9g7dom
I think you may find that after spending 2-3 days you would want to spend 2-3 months. If you only have a few more days in your vacation consider spending them only in Amsterdam.

You should not need taxi drivers. Walking and public transportation (trams) should do it.

Be sure to explore this site thouroughly.

Frankfurt is a great modern german city and it is expensive. If you still want to go to Germany consider Berlin.
Posted: 2006-01-13, 6:09 am

elitebuff
Thank for all your advice - I have decided to do a two nights in Berlin and three in AMS. The intrigue of the German clubs is dragging me there, looking forward to both cities. Will be there in middle/end of March, if anyone is interested in hunting. Thanks!
Posted: 2006-01-13, 2:05 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Since I started going to A'dam I can never spend enough time there. If I'm not there, I'm thinking about being there, while there, I'm thinking about staying longer and when I'll be back. It is addicting. The clubs in Germany are GREAT and it is certainly worth a trip.. I always like to have at least a day or two after Germany back in the Dam before I return home. If only I lived closer. Thankfully, I'll be there in 6 days.....

Posted: 2006-01-13, 3:33 pm

a3xtw Moderator
This seems a decent enough thread. Please let us keep to the subject and questions raised rather than denegrating the discussion with MORONIC xenophobic generalisations about the german populace (reply within this thread has been removed) . A certain individual here is within an inch of joining our recently departed members list. To that person (who knows who they are) - grow up or go away.
Posted: 2006-01-13, 3:48 pm

Hnc69
1) 2-3 days is not much, but if Amsterdam is just a stop on your journey, you should be okay. Germany is also cool, but in another way. I did five days in Germany and four days in Amsterdam myself, just two weeks ago.

2) For two quality girls a night; expect 50 Euro each for every 15 minutes. So, atleast 100 Euro a day.

3) Never been to Frankfurt, but Hannover/Hamburg is just a few hours away with train, and well worth a visit. Noticed you choosed Berlin, which is also great. If you are on a tight budget, I recommend the A&O Hostel at Zoo, which have prices from 15 Euro a night, for a private room with bath (if my memory don't fail me).

4) You'll find what you're looking for, in the RLD. No worries.

5) As long as you are going in the cab, they'll be happy to tell you all and everything. Just asking a cab driver a location without letting him take you there is not too popular, in my experience, regardless of country.

6) You'll have walking distance to most things you'd like to do and see, and if not, there's always trams and buses that'll take you there really cheap.

Posted: 2006-01-13, 8:25 pm

elitebuff
Again, thanks all for your help. I have been planning this trip for a while, so budget is not my primary concern - as it is mixed with pleasure , more pleasure, and a little business.

In Berlin I will be at the Westin, and at AMS I am leaning toward the Intercontinental OR the American (big difference, I know - but both are on my authorized hotel list).

My question is if anyone has knowledge as far as if these hotels would not permit, or be upset if I chose to a have an incall? Also as far as location, which is a better reccomendation? Thanks again.
Posted: 2006-01-13, 10:14 pm

floydpink
All good recommendations, to which I would add just one more: don't miss the FKK clubs in Germany! The RLD and the window girls are lots of fun in their own way, but the experience of the clubs is one that you should not miss. In my experience, the ones around Frankfurt are the best. Go to the International board and check out some of the posts from the "regulars" and I think you'll see what I mean.

Have an awesome time!

floyd

Posted: 2006-01-13, 10:47 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Amstel is very nice but kind of stuffy. Its also a bit far from all the fun to be had!

Posted: 2006-01-15, 8:02 am

uberchef
I'd be interested in any information you have on Berlin, tourism or otherwise, especially a recommended neighborhood and/or accommodation spots...please share if you find anything interesting as I have a couple friends visiting Eastern Germany towards the end of February and they could use some help....

I'm sure based on the vast information available via this site you'll be fine for your stop in lovely Amsterdam!

~uber.
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: