Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
CUP is a year away but where 2 stay?
Posted: 2006-01-06, 9:27 pm

JBIG
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am planning to hit up Amsterdam in November for 2006 HTCanCup.

Been before, so I know all the crap about it, no need to try and talk me out of it, I go for the social atmosphere and to enjoy the various shops entries (and some of the others who don't)

So, that being said, I would like to ask you some advice, mainly about where to stay

Last time I was in the Dam I stayed at a Apt. from the Kras. Excellent advice, and I did enjoy my stay very much. I may do that again if nothing else interesting turns out. Also, I have stayed in 2 housboats and the Hotel De L'Europe, just to give you some idea of what I have tried out

also, here is what I am looking for:

( feel free to make your suggestions)

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
I like a party atmosphere. Most important to me is being in either Leidsplein or the RLD, or maybe near Rembrandt plein, but I am less interested in that really. Talking people and music far into the late hours of the night don't bother me at all. I really enjoy people watching and having a balcony, terrace, or even just a window is really a must.

SMOKING
I really like smoking in coffeeshops and chilling out meeting new people (American Girls... or girls in general rather) and what not. I thought about staying in the Bulldog Hotel cause they say they have DVDs they lend out and the location is practically smack dab in the middle of the RLD. Their staff was a bit rude to me tho, I had hoped being a guest at the hotel might make that a bit less of a problem tho. Really I just want a place where I can smoke and maybe meet other big smokers who are also there for cup (like I said, traveling girls are really what I want)

VAPORIZE
I also REALLY REALLY REALLY like to use a vaporizer, I try to only use one, but when in the dam thats not always possible, so a place near a shop with a not so busy vape would be great or if there was a place with its own vape.... drool... that would be cool too

RLD
as you have read I am girl crazy, and as such I will be visiting the RLD once again... it was damn nice being so close to the skinny alleys at the Kras apt. wouldn't mind something like that again, or if there was somewhere I could stay with an actual view of some of the windows or the actual busy areas on the streets of the RLD, that would be AWESOME

TRAMS
I understand there are free trams too and from each of the shops, kinda like a shuttle bus constantly going from place to place. If that is a efficent way to get around the city, then I will gladly just use them, otherwise it would be ncie to be semi near a place where the trams stop, maybe juts a short walk away

FOOD
I like to eat LATE, really really LATE. and I can;t eat most things, I have a weak belly and I need semi healthy food. no cheese, no dairy, no soda, nothing too fake in general, something real. I had ordered food from room service, but that seriously takes forever, anyone got ideas? I would also not mind staying near by a place where I can get something to eat near by, like i said before, maybe a short walk

ok so this is far too long already, see what you can come up with
thanks to anyone who reads this, and thanks to anyone who can offer even just a small amount of help

thanks
J
Re: CUP is a year away but where 2 stay?
Posted: 2006-01-17, 9:52 pm

JBIG
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
thanks to those who PM'd me

any other advices
feel free to speak on any one of my interests

ideas?
 [ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: