Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Holland sim card that works in the US
Posted: 2006-01-11, 6:48 am

vicgoo
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Does anyone know where i can get a Holland sim card that will let me use it in the US?

I,ve got 2 sims from leads on this board.One works here in the US but is a UK number +44,the other is a Holland number from Telfort but since it,s a prepaid-i was told that,s why it,s blocked from the US networks

I understand theres only a few that will issue a non prepaid without a NL residence permit or so-fi number.Anywayprepaid or not doesn,t matter,i just need one that i can make and receive calls in the US that has a +31 number

Posted: 2006-01-11, 7:00 am

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
My Vodaphone NL SIM card works in US, Germany and Poland.

Regards,
Fred
Re: Holland sim card that works in the US
Posted: 2006-01-11, 11:08 am

blunt
Actually all of the (most) of the sim cards do work in the US. Prepaid subscriptions do not work in the US, this is mainly because of roaming contracts and the inferior mobile networks in the US that do not support needed protocols.

The challenge for you as I understand is that you cannot get a post paid subscription. You should go and check out bulletin boards in different universities and check expat websites. A lot of students come to the NL for a semester, get a subscription and when the time comes to leave NL they simply change the ownership and get rid of the contract. If you have a credit card issued from the NL or somewhere in Europe (I think) you can take over the subscription. The only thing you must have is an address in the NL but P.O. Boxes are easy to get.

Hope this helps.

Bluntero

Posted: 2006-01-11, 6:52 pm

Frans Hals
It is not exactly clear what you want, but if you have service that originates in Holland, it may be able to rove in the USA, but probably at prohibitive cost.

If you are visiting the US for a short time, then you can buy a phone with prepaid service in Wal-Mart for as little as $19.95. i would use it and throw it away. If you are visiting the Netherlands for a short time, I have no specific recommendations, except that if you take an unlocked GSM phone with you, then you should be able to get some kind of service for it in the Netherlands.

If you want to call the Netherlands from the US with a cell phone, I recommend tel3.com where you can get the time so cheap as to be almost free.
Re: Holland sim card that works in the US
Posted: 2006-01-12, 6:47 am

vicgoo
What i,m looking for is a Holland sim card that i can roam in the US and when i call anyone their caller id will show a +31(NL)number even though i,m calling from the US.Like i said through recommendations from this forum,i have obtained 2 Europe sim cards,one works in the US fine but has a London number,the other is a Holland sim,but it is blocked from the US networks because it is a prepaid,the UK one is not prepaid so it works.

At least i got a UK sim without a resident permit so some company in NL must be willing to do the same, i,ll be in Amsterdam next month so if anyone knows of a store that will sign me up for a regular NL sim like my US AT+T and my UK O2 sim. Btw i got the UK service by using a credit card they did not ask if it was a Europe credit card which it is not

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: