Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Late Bars and Breakfast!!
Posted: 2006-01-12, 12:48 am

NODDY
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've seen the posts re late coffeeshops which was truly useful - anyone know any late bars as well around the RLD type area as that's where am staying this visit. Do like to have that one last drink!!

Also, day we are leaving we've got early out of the hotel so looking for any recommendations for a good breakfast place to set us up for long day ahead before flights home.

Usually head over to Barney's but wouldn't mind trying any other.. Somewhere we can chill for a while before we go on a day long wander round Amsterdam!
Re: Late Bars and Breakfast!!
Posted: 2006-01-12, 5:41 pm

axxxtw Founder
a late RLD bar is De Pul on Oz Achterburgwal---corner of Stoofsteeg.

Posted: 2006-01-12, 8:47 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Theres a late bar next door to DE Kuil"night bar" its called open to 3or4 am. The Globe sports bar is open 24 hours
Posted: 2006-01-12, 8:57 pm

uberchef
I'm not sure where you're staying while in Amsterdam, but a nice suggestion for breakfast is Cafe Aroma on Leidsestraat 96, right by the Leidseplein. Aroma offers a casual atmosphere, an extensive tasty menu and good service to locals and tourists alike.

Reasonable prices, cozy atmosphere, tasty food and a great location are good enough reasons to visit.

Was there most recently in August and not only was the food tasty, but the waitresses were exceptionally cute as well!

Cheers,
~uber.
Posted: 2006-01-12, 11:26 pm

NODDY
Hey all

Thanks for your suggestions.. most appreciated and we're happy in the knowledge we can have our last late drink!

Not to mention somewhere new to try for breakfast.. had a couple of suggestions from friends but yours is winning so far, sounds ideal and a great way to kick off our final day - unless anyone else can beat that one!!

Thanks again

Sazzl x
Posted: 2006-01-13, 12:20 am

uberchef
Well, I do have more than one recommendation up my sleeve :)

One of my favorite places for a mid morning snack or early lunch is Villa Zeezicht, a lovely and very atmospheric corner cafe on the Mulatuliplein, a sort of small scenic square on the corner of Singel and Torensteeg, just West of Dam Square.

The place is cozy and lined with panoramic windows which allow you to people watch as you sip your coffee and eat. Since it's near the University, it's often busy with beautiful people--collegiate-types.

They are famous for their warm appfeltarte mit slagroom ~ delicious apple pie with homemade whipped cream! I highly recommend a healthy dose! Of course, their soups and sammys are all lekker too. A nice joint, if I do say so myself. Give it a try during your stay!

Happy eating...
~uberchef
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: