Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Oude Nieuwstraat ID
Posted: 2006-01-14, 10:43 pm

saks1974
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
can anyone provide a list of the girls who are in Oude Nieuwstraat ?
Re: Oude Nieuwstraat ID
Posted: 2006-01-15, 12:16 am

ChokDi
Try "The Device": request a "Names and Streets" listing (about two thirds of the way down the page). This will give you a list for the Walletjes"; press the "Singel" link near the top for a list of ladies in the Singel area. You will find 20+ names listed under the "Oude Nieuwstraat" header.

CD

PS Easy to see why the moderators get a bit pissed off by some of the questions people ask, isn't it?

Posted: 2006-01-15, 6:53 pm

madeyes
ChokDi, while I agree that the device can be a valuable research tool, there are entries which are probably no longer current. I regard the original post as a valid question. That said, no two days are the same and a girl (maybe lady is a better word for the Singel) who is in one kamer one day will possibly not be in the same kamer the followfollowinging day.

Posted: 2006-01-15, 7:25 pm

kermabun
Yeah... I take your point too, but there are limitations to the device... not only the possible lack of up-to-date-ness but also big holes anyway... Tromp has just one girl listed, from what I recall... Admittedly, this isn't the case for Oude Nieuwstraat, but it's always useful to get contemporary information to be sure.
It's a shame the device isn't posted to anywhere near as much as I'd have thought it could be... i'd guess only a fairly small fraction of visits made by folks on the board are recorded in it... perhaps if the recent postings were kept ticking over a bit more, it'd be easier to keep the other sections of it current...? Not that i'm knocking it as it stands... just a musing on the matter!

3 weeks to go...
Re: Oude Nieuwstraat ID
Posted: 2006-01-15, 8:17 pm

ChokDi
Madeyes, the question may be valid, but can you think of anywhere else to look? If anyone is so meticulous (carefully avoiding the word "anal" :) ) in keeping records, wouldn't they also be religiously updating The Device? Personally, I don't use it - that would smack too much of "planning" for my tastes - but the people who are that organised should be updating it!

Kermabun, like I said, I don't use The Device, but that doesn't mean I don't think its a good idea! For those who like to plan and organise their "leisure activities", its a superb resource - all credit to the inventor. But if those of a mind to use it don't also feed back their own experiences to keep it up to date . . .

The only reason for the original reply was that I have posted on boards where the same question crops up so frequently that the answer could be found by doing the simplest of searches, and after a while the regulars started getting so nasty to those asking the "dumb" (but valid) question they scared off new posters! An indication that the poster has exhausted the more straightforward research options before posting the question is always a good idea.

CD

Posted: 2006-01-17, 7:23 pm

axxxtw Founder
Yikes. There is indeed a bug in the device. The "list by streets" option is not listing most of the women on Trompettersteeg---and actually there are quite a few. Likewise with Oz Achterburgwal. We've spent hours today trying to sort it out, and so far the bug is eluding us. We'll keep working on figuring out whats creating the error.

As far as lack of new entries and updating entries---that is entirely the responsibility of you, the users. The device was designed for that purpose, and its only as valuable a tool as you care to make it. If someone changes locations or has retired, please add that information in an update---it's a very simple thing to do :-)

We're also adding one or two new features in the very near future, the ability to look up ladies by specific street or club or what have you. This is a no brainer as far as we're concerned--- we can't even begin to guess why we overlooked it.

Please let us know of any errors you discover while using the Device, we can't check all of the entries and data every single day, so if you do not let us know, it may be quite some time before we ourselves come across it.

Posted: 2006-01-17, 8:59 pm

Hnc69
Maybe a stupid question, but since you are discussing the device I figured I might aswell ask. Is the genral opinion that the african ladies should be reported in the device aswell? To my knowledge, and judging from the threads in the board, people are not searching too my information about the african girls, but focusing on the other girls.

Posted: 2006-01-17, 9:15 pm

axxxtw Founder
Of course they should be included! :-) That's why the Oudekerkspein is included. Please continue to include them..

Posted: 2006-01-18, 12:04 am

uberchef
Indeed! we don't descriminate here at Ignatz. After all, they're all pink on the inside.

Oh I know, that was crude... ;-)

Cheers,
~uber.
Re: The Device
Posted: 2006-01-18, 12:14 am

kermabun
One little query that I guess becomes relevant that I wondered about when making a device entry...
what is your preferred way for us to handle girls who have seemingly permanently shifted area... I can recall seeing a few listed under (for example) Walletjes that people have added comments saying "now working in the singel" - or whatever.
Would you prefer a new listing to be made for the girl under the new location, given that the broad area bit (i.e. singel / pijp / etc.) cannot be changed and reference made to the original listing or just to do as we seem to be doing at present and adding comments about their move to the existing listing?

(btw, my comment about the updating of the device was absolutely intended to refer to we the users, not a moan directed towards you guys!)
And nice one on the search by street thing - will be really useful!
Keep up the sterling work!
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: