Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The Musical Box plays Genesis in Amsterdam
Posted: 2006-01-15, 5:02 am

conman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I saw these guys in Boston at the esteemed Berklee Performance Center a couple of weeks ago. They are called The Musical Box and they are officially licensed by Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and the other members of Genesis and are performing The Lamb lies Down on Broadway. It is a note by note recreation of the concept album recorded in 1974, with all the theatrics and costumes exactly as what Genesis used. Tickets should be easy. I'm thinking of flying out to catch the shows and getting some shrooms. If you like Genesis don't miss this amazing show . This is the final leg of the tour. Phil Collins said TMB plays the material better than Genesis did back in the day, if that is possible. If anyone goes I'd be interested in what you thought.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/

TMB will be in Amsterdam on Jan. 21st and Den hague Jan. 22nd.
Re: The Musical Box plays Genesis in Amsterdam
Posted: 2006-01-15, 6:35 pm

dolfino
I've seen The Musical Box play more than 10 times. They absolutely play the music better than Genesis ever did(I've got a couple of recordings of Genesis playing The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway). It is not to be missed if you are a fan of early Genesis. Wish I could make it over to Amsterdam to see them.
Posted: 2006-01-16, 3:39 pm

conman
Rumour has it the TMB will be performing The Knife at their upcoming shows in Amsterdam and The Hague next week,as they did last year in Brussels and Paris.
Posted: 2006-01-16, 7:59 pm

dolfino
they used to play The Knife when they were doing the Selling England By The Pound tour 2 years ago. I've seen them play The Lamb tour 5 times and they only played The Musical Box & Watcher of the Skies as an encore. The singer never could get the words right on The Knife anyhow.
Posted: 2006-01-16, 11:08 pm

eddie69
Dolfino as I am also from the city of the Broad st Bullies I am curious about where you saw TMB. I am into music and Genesis Gabriel etc I am wondering how I missed them so many times. Thanks Ed
Posted: 2006-01-16, 11:16 pm

dolfino
I've seen them at The Electric Factory, The TLA, The Keswick Theatre, The Trump Taj Mahal, and I just saw them last month at The Tower Theatre. They're usually play 3 or 4 nights in a row sometime between Oct.-Dec.
Posted: 2006-01-17, 3:12 am

conman
I bought a return ticket from the states yesterday for $280 plus $80 tax, so I'll be seeing the TMB in AMS and Den Hague. Psyched, these will only be my 2nd and 3rd TMB shows.
Anyone wants to meet up or maybe even help me get a concert ticket before hand ( I tried and can't access them with my US billing address) let me know.
Thanks.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: