Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Tram Zones
Posted: 2006-01-17, 2:09 am

aztekno
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'm planning a trip to Amsterdam in late March.
I'm thinking of getting a tram pass thats good for a week, I'm not sure if I should get a 2 star value ticket and have centrum zone 5700 or a 3 star value ticket and have centrum zone 5700 as my selected zone? I hope to stay @ the Hotel Piet Hein Vossiusstraat 52-53, Its by Vondel Park and Van Baerlestraat.
The price is not much difference: 2 star E18.20, 3 star E27.15 but money is tight.
How many zones would it be from Central Station to the Piet Hein?
I'm trying to get an idea of how far I can venture out and back within my zones.
I'm basing this all on the zone map under (Transportzones) @ the GVB website
Thank you for your help. Aztekno
Re: Tram Zones
Posted: 2006-01-17, 6:13 am

Larry
If at the GVB site you download the network map you'll see how huge the 5700 Centrum zone is as it goes out to the far end of Vondelpark. There's a huge percentage of the tourist attractions in the Centrum zone so a pass that gives you the Centrum and all surrounding zones is the better value, the 3 star is way overkill.
Re: Tram Zones
Posted: 2006-01-17, 8:30 am

veloria
The GVB office outside Centraal will give you good advice, so don't be afraid to ask. Any time I've been, the staff are friendly and provide an excellent service. Trams are the only way to travel, enjoy.
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: