Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Melkweg Max Ticketing
Posted: 2006-01-25, 4:56 pm

uberchef
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Greetz Gang,

Anyone have experience with ordering concert tickets (at the Melkweg) from overseas? I'd like to catch a show while I'm in-town, but based on the Dutch ticketmaster system, I don't believe I can order tickets from the States or arrange a will-call pick up at the venue.

Any help from someone who may have ordered in the past would be very appreciated.

Dank u wel,
~uberchef
Re: Melkweg Max Ticketing
Posted: 2006-01-25, 8:55 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I've ordered tickets on line for events at the Melkweg a few times with absolutely no problem. Just follow the appropriate links and they'll take your American credit card and quickly mail the tickets to your US address.
Posted: 2006-01-26, 5:57 am

amsterdamfats
no problems here.....used ticketbastard international site. have 4 tix for the black crowes at the paradiso in hand......arrived very quickly !!!
Posted: 2006-01-26, 10:54 pm

hedgehog
I've also had no trouble getting tickets sent to the UK for Melkweg and Paradiso from ticketservice.nl.

Another time, the hotel we'd booked offered to get the tickets for us and hold them until we checked in - that was the Hotel De La Haye, just around the corner from the Melkweg. I don't know how often such an offer is made, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask, if your hotel was close to the venue...
Posted: 2006-01-27, 9:27 pm

uberchef
Thanks to all for sharing your ticketing experiences...

Based on the above posts I decided to bite the bullet and order the tickets through Ticketmaster's european site---of course, there's no way around the annoying service charge taxes, approximately 25% the cost of each individual ticket--but hopefully I'll have the actual tickets in-hand within the next two weeks. I could have waited till I arrived and bought the tickets in person, but you always risk the possibility of the show selling out, which is a good possibility. t's always nice to know you've got the tickets in-hand and won't be shut out in the cold...

For those in town on the evening of Sunday February 19th looking to catch some live music, well there's a local (to me) band (from Brooklyn) called 'Clap Your Hands Say Yeah' playing at the Melkweg Max, near to the Leidseplein. Indie rock group, somewhat Talking-Heads-ish sound. I noticed many of the shows on their European tour (Ireland, London, Paris, Brussels) are already sold out. Tickets are 12.5 Euro. Should be good music and a good time!

Cheers,
~uber.
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: