Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Open Mics/Open Jams in the dam
Posted: 2006-01-26, 12:24 am

tornadoboy
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I'll be heading back to Mokum in a few weeks (Thurs-Mon quickie) and wondered if anyone knows of any weekend open jams/open mics that have instruments for random musicians to come in and play. Not so much thinking jazzers here as rock type stuff or just a simple solo open mic format.

Cheers,

TB
Re: Open Mics/Open Jams in the dam
Posted: 2006-01-26, 12:35 am

iloveamsterdam
bourbon st thursday nights and the last waterhole thats rock and blues
Posted: 2006-01-26, 6:42 am

funfor2houston
Just a quick question I am a Texas Bluesman and will be in Amsterdam in May , how are the folks about letting you use their guitar for an open mic????i will be on vacation and will not be toting any equipment. I have gigged at Melo Meloe a couple years ago .
Posted: 2006-01-26, 1:23 pm

freakpa
I gave up and just brought an Ovation and left it in Amsterdam. It's there whenever I feel the urge to rock.
Posted: 2006-01-26, 5:00 pm

tornadoboy
Thanks for the info. Two questions:

1) Where is Bourbon St.?
2) What nite is open jam at the Waterhole? Back at the old hostel waterhole in the RLD (rip *sniff*) it seemed like every nite was jam nite.
Posted: 2006-01-26, 5:28 pm

Roland Power Kat
At Bourbon Street (on Leidsekrusstraat about 2 blocks from Leidseplein) jam sessions are usually held Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays though it varies and depends on who is playing. Borrowing a guitar is doable as long as you appear to be able to play reasonably well.
Starts at about 11 and goes till 3 am. Lamar Washington, Terry Mann, Mickey LLewelyn and Julius Green amongst others.

The Last Waterhole is still owned by the same people but is no longer in the RLD. It is on Leidseplein and renamed The Waterhole. Gus's jam is Thursday nights. He is a drummer and excellent. Played with Herman Brood for years. Rory Campbell plays keyboards and Gregorio usually on bass. You'll want to be pretty good to keep up with them. Wednesday is open stage; while Monday and Tuesday are loose jams though Tuesday is funk night. 10:30 till 3:00.

Hope this helps. Regards. Roland
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: