Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Getting to Schipol for an Early Morning Flight
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:00 pm

hizbashi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Looking for a sane and non-taxi way of getting from Leidseplein to the airport to catch a 6:55 AM flight to Berlin. A bit early for trams, non? Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Cheers...
Re: Getting to Schipol for an Early Morning Flight
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:36 pm

copper
You can get a tram from the leidsplien or you can walk to centraal station & get a train to airport from there.
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:53 pm

uberchef
Hiz~

I know trams STOP operating at midnight, but when do they START...? I do not know. I would say it could depend on if it is a weekday, or weekend/Sunday. I believe there are different schedules. The Leidseplein is definitely a hub though--IF trams are running at 5am, they'll certainly be running through the Leidseplein.

If you have a 6:55 inter-Euro flight, you should be at Schipol by 5:45 at the very latest. It takes 15 minutes on the train from Centraal to Schipol. When do the first trains run to Schipol from CS? The Dutch rail website will answer that question.

Depending on the answer to your query, I'm thinking it may be best for you to investigate a cab/taxi option (will run about 50 euros, I'm guessing), or the possibility of changing your flight to a later one. Time for a cost/benefit analysis I'm afraid ;-)

Cheers,
~uber.

ps. I may hit you with a PM regarding Berlin...my friends will be traveling there the week after our Amsterdam weekend, and I could use some typical tourism advice to pass along to them!
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:55 pm

uberchef
~double post~
Posted: 2006-02-01, 4:59 pm

travel100
I was wondering the same thing. I'll be staying around Leidesplein & have a 7:20am flight. The first train to the airport leaves CS at 4:43am. But how can I get from Leidesplein to CS at 4:30am? I guess I could get a taxi to CS or taxi right to the airport. I think it could be kind of cold to hang out looking for the elusive night buses.

Any advice?
Posted: 2006-02-01, 5:10 pm

hizbashi
Thanks Uber.

Trying to avoid the cab but I maybe stuck with it given the early hour. What really gets me upset is that the same day roundtrip airticket is only 40 euros on Transavia. Figure that out!

Berlin is just a day trip for a two hour meeting in the morning and a lunch with my local contact. I am going to use the afternoon to do some touristy thing, hopefully including the Stasi (ex DDR secret police) and the Pergamon museums. Can't really offer too much advice since it will be my first time there too.
Posted: 2006-02-01, 5:44 pm

Roland Power Kat
You can get a taxi to the Station for about 7 1/2 euro then the train. Instead why not check the American or the Marriot hotels to see when the KLM or other airport shuttles are on the go. It will be almost as fast (as a taxi/train) and cheaper than a cab. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2006-02-01, 6:15 pm

uberchef
Wowza Hiz, the rates on Transavia are amazing...I will pass those on to my friends in any case.

Day return trip to Berlin, eh? Quite the jet set traveler...I've got plans on a day return to Alkmaar, at best, this time around! :-)

As for your upcoming early morning departure, it seems that trusty Roland's suggestions, as per usual, sound like your best bet.

Peace~
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-01, 6:53 pm

hizbashi
Uber,

Have your friends check out this surprisingly named website as they search for fares:

http://www.cheaptickets.nl/2.0/lijndienstvluchtene.asp

I'm becoming more creative in planning my travel and using Amsterdam as a hub. Beats spending the weekends in Geneva!
Posted: 2006-02-01, 6:55 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-02-01, 7:03 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-02-01, 11:43 pm

conman
KLM airport shuttle is what I use when I don't take the train.
It is wise to book in advance so they know you are waiting for them and to verify the time of departure. Check with the local hotels
Price was 12.50 Euro from The Sheraton-Pultizer last week.
Posted: 2006-02-02, 5:42 am

Larry
The elusive 358 Schiphol nightbus leaves Leidseplein at :04 and either :32 or :34 from the 1 AM to the 5 AM hours with a little longer service on weekends because of the slightly later tram startup those days.
Posted: 2006-02-03, 2:04 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Use www.9292ov.nl and put in the time you want to arrive at Schiphol
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: