Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 23 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: RLD in the 1970's
Posted: 2006-02-03, 12:43 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-02-03, 7:10 pm

Wan King
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I talked to this old guy Mick again today, told him about posting his story online, and how some people were sceptical about his story, in particular the lack of condom use during the 70's. He went on to tell me that he first visited the RLD in 1973, and that he visited about once a month until 1992, when he quit the long haulage truck driving. He says that from 1973 to about 1980, there was no problem finding a woman to have bareback sex, and there was little mention of condoms. Maybe some women refused but they were few and far between he said.

He says things got more modern from about 1980, and many women did refuse Bareback, and by that stage many women preffered to use condoms, but were still happy to fuck without if the guy wanted. Until about 1985 it was still pretty easy to find a woman to have sex without a condom in the Wallen, even though there were really quite days in the mid 80's. In the late 1980's it became much more difficult to find a willing woman, and he says he found the odd one in the early 90's but they wanted an outrageous amount of money, and that he refused. He reckons the last bareback sex he had in the Wallen was around 1988. Younger women were much stricter about condom compared to older women . Also that time a woman would examine a mans penis and refuse if he looked like he had an STD.

He says that he never visited the brothels, because he preferred the social scene of the Wallen. Many truckers hung around there in the 70's and 80's when drinking and driving wasn't such a big issue.
Posted: 2006-02-03, 11:34 pm

Rainer
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Wan King is right in that you could have unprotected sex in the RLD during the mid eighties. I know I did. However, it seems that I might have been wrong about coffeeshops, as I have since been told that they opened in the late 70's. I wonder then why those street dealers were still out in force, unless it wasn't advertised that coffeeshops sold dope. Of course there was no internet, no satellite TV, no cell phones, etc, so it was probably harder to get the word out.

And it is also true, as Wan King says, that drinking and driving was no big deal. I got stopped by the police more than once when I was clearly too drunk to be coherent, let alone drive. They'd ask if you thought you could drive home ok, and if you said yes then they'd let you go. Of course back then you could be in a bar drinking and see uniformed police enter the bar, not to harass people, but to have a drink or two (in uniform and on the job!). This was commonplace in Boston during the 1970's.

And there was nothing like having a good fur-pie down below (as long as it was kept clean). I know you younger guys are hooked on the shaved look (i.e. smoothies), but being natural was in back then.

[ 23 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: