Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 27 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
15 Feb Trip
Posted: 2006-02-06, 8:57 pm

curious1996Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am going to be in Amsterdam for a week starting 15 Feb. I was wondering if anybody from the board might want to join up and seek new adventures? Checking out some different prives (Park 118 veteran) might be in order or visits to Brussels or a FKK could be done. Interested in Friesland/Leeuwarden as relatives hail from there (just to check it out).
Myself, I'm 50, laid back, former college professor, American, but overall a fairly average guy. I have been to Nederland several times and feel at home there (like many of us I suspect). Send a message if interested.
curious1996
Re: 15 Feb Trip
Posted: 2006-02-07, 9:26 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I will be there Feb 15, early in the morning.

I'll have to pass on the trip to the FKK, though I have to try that some day. I have a date with a nice young lass from Women of the World and my "short list" of RLD ladies isn't very short. And I promised myself that I would try out two unknowns for the team.

Toss in a little sightseeing, a bit of smoke and a few mushrooms...

Who needs sleep anyway?

the dogs
Posted: 2006-02-07, 9:52 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hallo Guys.
Dogs, when will you be there overall?
Posted: 2006-02-07, 11:55 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I arrive (KLM/Northwest willing) at 7:15 AM on Feb 15 and leave 2:20 PM on the 16th.

On my return trip I arrive 7:05 AM on March 1 and leave 2:35 PM on March 2. So I get close to 30 hrs in AMS both directions.

I try not to party too much on the morning of my return trip. I always worry that I'm going to detonate a drug dog just from the smell of my clothes and skin.

the dogs
Posted: 2006-02-08, 12:34 am

uberchef
All the same Dogs, I don't think they can bust ya for smelling like you just blew out of a bong ;-)

Take me, par example. I've made an unfortunate habit of rolling up the accumulated leftovers from my weekend excursions in to a series of spliffs that wind up getting burned on the morning of my departure in the following fashion:

1. Before boarding the tram to CS
2. Before boarding the train to Schipol
3. In the parking lot outside Schipol before going through security

By the time I finally do make it to security, I think it's awfully clear what I've been up to :) But hey, it's like that movie, Saving Private Ryan...leave no man behind / leave no bud behind!

Keep in mind, this is coming from the same person that once--completely sober on the way TO amsterdam--missed the train stop for Centraal Station from Schipol (yes, I sat there for 10 minutes as everyone exited the train and new people boarded) then wound up back at Amsterdam Sloterdijk for 20 minutes before coming on BACK to CS. Trippus Interruptus maximus. I think I work better high! To each their own of course :-)

Cheers~
~Uber.
Posted: 2006-02-08, 2:19 am

Quinn63
"I try not to party too much on the morning of my return trip. I always worry that I'm going to detonate a drug dog just from the smell of my clothes and skin."--- DogsAfire

If you think the dogs are bad, just wait untill they get the Bee's trained. Bee's are the up-comming drug detention tool in the USA. They are easier to train, cheaper to keep and work harder than a dog.

They are training Bee's to associate specific chemical scents with a food source. The bee's simply land on the source of the molocules and then get a sugary reward. They will be releasing thousands of bees into the airport and they seek out scent molocules and land on them.

So if you are desperate enough to have something tucked in your shorts, you might want to wear a jockstrap and a cup in the future. And if you go in reaking of pot before your plane ride, you might want to wear a Bee-keepers outfit.
Posted: 2006-02-08, 3:43 am

Supporting Member
DogsAFire,
Too bad I'll miss you...I'm a former Michiganer, myself, and enjoy your posts. Actually, have a Women of the World experience set up, too (I'll take one for the team; I promise to report back). Have a good time.
Curious1996
Posted: 2006-02-08, 6:23 am

ncg8r
The wife and I will be traveling the evening of the 15th and arriving in Amsterdam early on the 16th. We're staying until Tuesday morning and will be hanging about, trying to look as if we know what we're doing. I'm quite sure we'll bump into each other several times since our schedules seem to intersect. Hope you have as good a time as we're planning on having!

We're open to any suggestions, warnings, recommendations, etc... Specifically regarding food, as my wife is a Vegetarian (former Vegan, but no longer as strict). We love to eat almost as much as everything else we are looking forward to over there, so I'm sure we'll find a way to feed her... Thanks!

Posted: 2006-02-08, 7:38 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I know. I just don't like those fuckers. I try to get through with the least amount of interaction possible. This time I'm bringing it on myself, though, since I will be carrying some electronic devices and some machined parts with me that I will have to declare. I just don't want to get pulled aside for the full meal deal inspection because I smell like a burning hemp field.

"Now just bend over this table here Mr. Dogs. This will go easier if you try to relax."

the dogs
Posted: 2006-02-08, 7:39 pm

Rainer
If I wind up with leftover dope, upon leaving I usually leave it in the hotel room for housekeeping to find.

Posted: 2006-02-08, 8:47 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I usually go to a coffeshop and find someone there to give it to. I've never had a problem finding someone to accept.

the dogs
Posted: 2006-02-08, 10:15 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quinn,
Please tell me you are kidding. I have been violated enough times by the TSA monkeys as it is. The last thing I need is a swarm of bees trying to build a hive in one of my body cavities!
Posted: 2006-02-08, 11:17 pm

uberchef
The most recent increased security measure I've encountered has been a new device at Boston's Logon airport. It's a cube shaped metal device surrounded by glass you walk in to, and then high pressure air is sprayed all over your body. Analysis of the air determines if you're carrying explosives, narcotics, etc.

Crazy.
I'll try and find an article describing it better to follow up with!

Cheers,
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-08, 11:45 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
My understanding of this device is that it is intended primarily for explosives detection. It can be adjusted to look for drugs, but its primary purpose is explosives.

I don't quite see how a stoned hippie boarding a plane adversely affects security.

BTW, the sniffer devices work very well. I work in the oil industry and some of the people I know handle explosives (I used to get to play with explosives, but I changed jobs) and have been stopped at airport security due to very small amounts of explosive residue on their clothing. By "very small amounts" I mean amounts that are not even visible. Just some crumbs from primacord that fell on to their shoes or that got on to their hands.

the dogs

When I worked in the field I used to tell people "I get to play with electricity, radioactive materials, and explosives all at the same time." Scary, huh?
Posted: 2006-02-09, 12:36 am

uberchef
That simply must be the line you used to pick up all the ladies at the bar with? ;-)

"Baby, I like to live....dangerously!"

I see how you may have earned the name Dogs-a-fire, now!

Cheers friend,
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-09, 1:33 am

polly
hey there, I'm coming to town the following week, sorry I can't make it, but maybe you could fill me in on some prives. I'm staying on the amstel down by the flowermarket and would like to know if there are any places within walking distance. thanks and have fun
Posted: 2006-02-09, 5:21 am

Supporting Member
ncg8r,
I have been a few times...I could show you a little. I'm not sure what you and the wife are into. It is a great experience! Once a custom agent, in the airport, said to me "Welcome to Paradise". He lied; it's better than that... but it all depends what you are into.
curious1996
Posted: 2006-02-09, 5:56 am

ncg8r
We're into smoking some quality bud, eating some mushrooms and trying different kinds of hash. Also into fine ladies, looking forward to being massaged, taking in all the sights and experiencing this place before it disappears (you never know when your country will get snatched away from you by people with an agenda... but of course, I'm an American and a little biased on the subject).

Our expectations are for the weather to be cold and the bud to be sticky. Everything after that is gravy. Our only real restrictions at this point are the dates we'll be there and my wife's diet (she's a vegetarian). What we'd REALLY like, tho, would be a strip club where we could smoke. Dunno if that combo exists, but I'm certainly willing to look!

Posted: 2006-02-09, 12:49 pm

nolan1000
Hi ncg8r,

for excellent vegie/vegan food (and wine) green planet on Spuistraat is the place (http://www.greenplanet.nl/index2.htm).

Bon Appétit!

Nolan.
Posted: 2006-02-09, 2:23 pm

withnail Power Kat
green planet is indeed a great tip for vegetarians. anatol, the austrian owner / chef comes up with a daily special for 9.90euros , full details of which are usually on his website (which is updated most days). he opens around 4 in the afternoon wed-sun.

another good vegetarian option would be bettys which i think is on rijnstraat. you also have de bolhoed on prinsengracht but this is not the best food ever.

doog!

withnail
 [ 27 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: