Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 27 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: 15 Feb Trip
Posted: 2006-02-09, 3:15 pm

dogpatch74
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
You've come to the right country. Just about every restaurant has a vegetarian option. Most cities have at least 1 if not more 100% veggy places to eat. Your hotel concierge shold be able help you out with specific requests.

Good luck with all your adventures :)

Dogpatch
Posted: 2006-02-09, 11:34 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hallo All.
There is an informal meeting that a few board members are planning to attend on Thursday, February 16th.
Anyone interested is invited to show at the http://www.arendsnest.nl at Herengracht 90, around 6pm or at coffeeshop Amnesia, Herengracht 133, around 7pm.
Posted: 2006-02-10, 3:43 am

curious1996Supporting Member
Supporting Member
hcg8r,
I'm into a little bud smoking (I'm offically now a lite weight), shrooms, ladies, and eating well...a good vegantarian place would be cool. The Tropenmuseum has an exibit on Hinduism that interests me. It is for me T-5 and it is hard to sleep. Maybe we could get together and see how the chemistry is. It is cool to have people to share with. Like I would not go to a nice restaurant and sit by myself...too boring.
Curious
Posted: 2006-02-11, 1:13 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
<edit>
Had second thoughts about a post
Just ignore this
Posted: 2006-02-13, 12:18 am

ncg8r
We've been told by a friend that Cologne (Koln?) is worth a visit as a day-trip. He estimated that a train from Amsterdam would take about 2 hours and cost maybe $40 EU each for roundtrip tickets. I'm about to begin researching options, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted: 2006-02-13, 4:35 pm

Luther Head
The Cathedral is breathtaking, but the rest of the down town was bombed out during the war(yes, they bombed around the cathedral), so it doesn't have that old world charm, but on a cold, rainy February night it might spark some Cold War type nostalgia. Koelsch beer is a nice, crisp pilsener type drink and there is good German grub (if that's your thing). Also, it's Fasching in the Catholic parts of Germany, and Limburg in the southern Netherlands, so that might be fun. On one day during Fasching, any woman can kiss any man she feels like kissing. Duesseldorf is also nearby, so google that and see what they may have. I've heard the high end shopping is supposed to be good there.
All in all, if you want a taste of German city life that is close by to Amsterdam, not a bad choice IMHO. If you're in to it, take a brownie with you (watch your dosage) finish it off before the border (they do check!) and get irie in Deutschland.
Viel Glueck!

PS -- Watch that damn Bahnhof in Moenchengladbach! I was there a few years ago with my girlfriend and it was kind of scary, and I don't tend to scare easily. Seems like bad looking characters, were snickering and getting in my face. I thought I might have to cap somebody's ass!
Posted: 2006-02-13, 11:06 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I was travelling out of Australia witha colleague whose bag triggered an alarm after check-in. Not much of a panic once he told security he had been to a golf course that morning, apparently traces of fertiliser can set the thing off.
 [ 27 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: