Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Opstapper Bus
Posted: 2006-02-08, 10:36 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Can anyone tell me where I can find hours and a route map for this bus service? Is it large enough to carry on a ski bag? I always feel like a fool dragging the damn things down Damrak on the way to the room, and they won't fit in a cab. Thanks.
Re: Opstapper Bus
Posted: 2006-02-08, 11:13 pm

uberchef
Greetz Weas,

Where will your travels take you that you'll be skiing? I hear from BB we're set to have a celebratory jenever next weekend!

Cheers,
~uber.
Posted: 2006-02-09, 11:55 am

lester
Amazing what a little googling wil turn up:

http://www.gvb.nl/english/travellers/pr ... apper.html
Posted: 2006-02-10, 6:53 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Lester,
Thanks for the site, and I am appropriately embarrassed for being too lazy to gogle it myself. I would still like to know if anyone has any experience hauling a pile of luggage on board.

Uberchef,
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that drink!
I'm off to Innsbruck for the week. I will be taking my standard three days before and after for attitude adjustment in Amsterdam. I'm also planning a short side trip to the Frankfurt FKK's as I drive through. Funny, but ten years ago when my ex-boss first sent me on this Austria trip, he thought he was screwing me over. Once again, I get the last laugh!

Weasel

Posted: 2006-02-10, 10:38 am

cheylesmore
The Opstapper is a minibus, a small Mercedes affair. Yes some ski equipment would probably fit if there are not to many passengers on board. There often are not, such that the Opstapper has been threatened with withdrawal several times. The Service runs from outside CS, but outside the Connexxions bus station by the VICTORIA HOTEL. It runs down the Haarlemmer Houttuinen to the Prinsengracht and runs its length effectively to the Stopera. It is fairly frequent. But as the previous entries say check the GVB site www.gvb.nl

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: