Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Air Fare Sale
Posted: 2006-02-10, 7:53 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Within the last few hours, Northwest (KLM) cut their prices to Amsterdam for April flights. It's around $600 including all taxes from Chicago and around $400 from NY. That's about $200 cheaper than it was this morning.
Re: Air Fare Sale
Posted: 2006-02-10, 3:01 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hello Abc123.
If you have time, how about a general smoking report from you last trip?
Did you try any new coffeeshops?
I applaud your relaxed agenda.
Posted: 2006-02-10, 4:55 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Just checked KLM/NWA from NYC, and I'm seeing the same $624.98 from New York that I've been seeing for months. I've already cashed in my miles for this trip (April 19-26), but I keep checking the fares for my dates to see if they change much. They've been pretty steady, and I'm guessing with fuel costs being what they are, they're not likely to come down much.
Posted: 2006-02-10, 5:43 pm

hutchings
I think I lucked out this time around. Booked on orbitz, chicago-london-ams for $490. Not the least I've ever paid, but certainly better than most of what i've been finding lately.

H
Posted: 2006-02-10, 7:24 pm

markcheech
I did the same this morning.. checked nwa flights from boston yesterday were 681 today boston to amsterdam in may 551.

will they go cheaper or is this something that will raise again?
Posted: 2006-02-10, 8:02 pm

Whytwatr
I'm flying from Boston 17 Apr also. In all these years I still can't figure out why the prices fluxuate so much, sometimes on a daily basis. Is it fuel prices, supply & demand, CEO needs a new Porsche, hard to out guess them; sort of like the stock market don't you think.......

NWA has that nice non-stop from Boston. Sometimes with the right tail wind its only 6.5 hours,,,,,,,,,,
Posted: 2006-02-11, 5:21 am

smrtalec33
Continental has a round-trip from Newark for $386 after taxes. The dates i checked were for the last week in Feb.
Posted: 2006-02-11, 6:58 pm

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Delta has a fare sale until Feb 22, I checked JFK to Amsterdam or Frankfurt for the last week in March and the fare was 388 all taxes included. In fact one fare sale ended on Feb 9 and now there's another so they are trying to maximize cash flow right now.

Doog
Pepto
Posted: 2006-02-12, 2:17 am

smrtalec33
I just checked prices again for the last week in February, and KLM/Northwest is down to $307 after taxes for a round-trip from JFK. $321.60 through Newark, which oddly involves changing planes in Detroit.
 [ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: