Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Queensday
Posted: 2006-02-12, 6:41 pm

AMSBIKER
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi fellas,,and gals of course..

I am travelling to the Dam for the Queensday week (Fri till mon) on the bike from the uk with the Mrs....I know there of lots of events going on out and about...any recommenndations?

SPCK111
Re: Queensday
Posted: 2006-02-12, 8:32 pm

daveinadam
yea get ready for the crowd of your life was there last year had a good time but a bit to many people for me. Have fun it is a great time i enjoyed all the live bands playing thoughout the city.
Posted: 2006-02-12, 9:40 pm

freakpa
What's the date of Queen's Day?
Posted: 2006-02-13, 1:54 pm

Puffin13Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Queen's Day always falls on April 30th, EXCEPT when the 30th falls on a Sunday. When it does fall on a Sunday, like this year, then Queen's Day is held on the 29th of April.
Posted: 2006-02-14, 3:19 am

funfor2houston
On the Bike !!!!! Is that like Motorcycle ????My wife and I will also be in Amsterdam for the Queens Holiday ....Let all have a drink together !!
Posted: 2006-02-14, 10:59 am

freakpa
I'm in.
Posted: 2006-02-16, 4:16 pm

AMSBIKER
Yep, Motorcycle Pan st1100 ...From uk to belguim then up thru northern holland (Rain and wind no doubt at then end on April) had an interesting ride over those dykes lest year....wheyy heyy!!!..

up for a drink etc....where are you staying ? My Email is spck111@hotmail.com

SPCK111
Posted: 2006-02-18, 5:12 pm

funfor2houston
Ahhhh Honda ST 1100 the bike that Sonny Barger said he would ride all the time if he wasn't an Angel . We both ride and will be in Amsterdam for the Queens holiday and are staying near the center of town . We would love to meet up with with yall for a chat !!

D&D
Posted: 2006-02-18, 6:54 pm

Roland Power Kat
I'm sure you'll meet lots of us around that time <grin>. I'm sure that a 10th AXXXTW will occur.

Personally I think the Yamaha 1100 is better than the Honda 1100 but what do I know as I ride a '96 Heritage.

Speaking of Angels, they normally have a party set up on the OZV plus a table selling wares. It used to be in and in front of The Other Place but becaus of the problems of 16 months ago, they set up in front of the Cofee Shop 50 yards down the road and the Other Place was ordered closed.

Regards. Roland
Posted: 2006-02-19, 11:15 am

Londoner40ish
I've always wanted to visit during the Queensday celebrations but never had the chance ...... Didn't realise there was a biker presence there as well !

I ride a '99 Dyna and at the risk of going off topic, was wondering if there were any recommendations for hotels in the centre that have secure parking\storage for bikes ?

Was thinking of arranging to ride over with a few friends (max. 6) for a long weekend this year.

Oh by the way 6 days and counting .... I hit town next Friday for the weekend for the latest instalment of fun and mayhem!! Can't wait ..... still get excited after all these years lol
For your bike the only..........................
Posted: 2006-02-19, 2:54 pm

Roland Power Kat
dedicated and secure hotel parking that I know of is the Krasnapolski, down the little street (maybe St. Annenstraat) on the right after the hotel and the Barbizon under ground. At the Barbizon the street level elevator is right in front of the hotel (you park on the street just before steel sheet which has the four posts and cross bar as it comes out of the ground and turns into an elevator onto which you drive). For security I would recommend the Barbizon. You WILL not be moving your bike from either on Queensday though till after mid-night. Parked in either make sure you lock it well.

If either hotel is a little too expensive you can stay at hotels outside the city centre like Museumplein or old South and park on the sidewalk. Make sure you lock your bike well using a front fork lock as well as a rotor lock if possible to immobilize one of the wheels.If more than one bike I would lock the two front wheels together. I usually carry a rolled up cover which I throw over the bike.

The 81 presence is high with all Chapters coming in during the day to Amsterdam. Other clubs may often show as well.

Regards. Roland
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: