Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Liquor Store
Posted: 2006-02-13, 7:12 pm

Luther Head
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Don't know the name of the place, but it is near the corner of Spuistraat and Molsteeg. As you head towards Centraal Station on Spuistraat (by car that would be the wrong way!)it is on the left-hand side of the street. Less than 5 minutes from the Dam.
Posted: 2006-02-13, 10:58 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
According to their website there's a Gall & Gall at N.Z. VOORBURGWAL 226 A roughly between Raadhuisstraat and Paleisstraat. From memory there's an Albert Heijn around so I guess it's co-located.
Posted: 2006-02-14, 1:24 am

peptoSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It's right next door to Albert Heijn, its just west of de dam, go downstairs and they have everything you need.

Doog
pepto
Posted: 2006-02-14, 2:01 am

Luther Head
The place I mentioned is at Spuistraat 116 and it's called the Cellerie(sp?) not far from the place the other guys mention .
Posted: 2006-02-14, 5:35 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
While it is not a wine/champagne store, it would be a shame not to stop at De Bierkoning, one of the great beer shops of all time. It is behind the palace. 125 Paleisstraat. 1100-1900 weekdays, until 1700 weekends including Sunday.

I'll be back in town Sunday morning the 26th. I'd be happy to meet up for a smoke and a stroll.

Weasel

Posted: 2006-02-16, 12:01 am

dutchi
Underneath the Albert Heijn behind the palace, near the Virgin Mega Store/Magna Plaza.

Posted: 2006-02-16, 3:46 pm

rheingau Power Kat
Dutchi is referring to Gall and Gall - as per earlier post

According to their website there's a Gall & Gall at N.Z. VOORBURGWAL 226 A roughly between Raadhuisstraat and Paleisstraat. From memory there's an Albert Heijn around so I guess it's co-located.

This is what in Britain would be called a Wine Merchants - the phrase Liquor Store sounds pretty downmarket to me and is not appropriate. The run wine and whisky tasting courses if yuo are interested, and have a comprehensive selection of wine, champage (vintage and non-vintage), and other sparkling wines as well as all those special malts!
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: