Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Close at hand.....
Posted: 2006-02-14, 7:35 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
With just a little over a week to go before my third trip to Mokum, I sit here at my computer, enjoying some sweet Chronic Bud. (I love living in the Pacific Northwest) I find myself pondering some things. It seems, I ponder quite a bit after smoking the Chronic. You too?
One of those things, Is where the hell did I come up with this silly ass screen name? “ Cooter ” Was I stoned and watching “ The Dukes of Hazard “ or something? I think it was a funny news cast of some town having a Cooter festival. I guess the word “cooter” has a few meanings. Oh well, I guess I’m stuck with it now.
Another is, Once I drop the bags at the hotel and have the whole city at my door, where should I go first. Walk the canals in the morning? A wake and bake at Barney’s or should I wait for the pancake place to open. To the Greenhouse maybe, to see if you “guys” left me any Hawaiian?
And last, What eight days in Amsterdam will do for my soul? With no responsibilities or cares in the world. Just to have fun, to meet new people, to see new things and to experience things I never have.
Eight days with nothing major planned. I thought I’d just wing it, what the hell. I’ve made friends on previous visits and look forward to see them again. I would like to venture farther out from the Centrum area, to areas less touristy. One of the things I would like to try this trip, is a Vaporizer. I’ve been smoking herb for 34 years and think it’s about time, don’t you think?. Last year the “Temple Ball” from Barney’s was the hit of the party, what will it be this year? I can’t wait to find out.
I’ve talked to a few people on this board, about meeting up while I’m in town. I’m landing Feb. 25th and if anybody is around and would like to meet up for friendly conversation, liberal consumption of beer or to smoke a fat one. Maybe, sharing a adventure to Alkmaar? Just “ pm ” me
Before I go, I’d like to thank everyone at this board. The knowledge shared here is found nowhere else. Thank You All.................................Cooter

Posted: 2006-02-14, 7:08 pm

uberchef
Ah the stoney ramblings of a Cooter in anticipation :-)

Here's wishing you a top notch trip Coot, may all your dreams become realities! Come to think of it, you're heading to one of the best places in the world for that to actually happen, so your chances are pretty damn good!

Cheers and safe travels,
Uberchef.
Re: Close at hand.....
Posted: 2006-02-14, 9:08 pm

Earthly1hereSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Great post, needed a good laugh and that you gave me. I like the name Cooter, maybe because I grew up watching The Dukes. I wish you a great safe trip. I'll be there a few weeks later and my anticipation already has the best of me. All I need to do is a book a ticket and then Mokum is all I think about, and the FKK's too. The Polish mafia at GT finds its way into my mind at least twice a day. Looking forward to your report.

Posted: 2006-02-15, 7:07 am

Gato De PadreSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey Cooter:

LOL on your post..Classic stuff.

But for what to do when you arrive: I say hit the Rasta Baby for a Pre-Rolled Joint and a glass of orange Juice. Then walk the canals for a bit and then head to Barney's becuase after that pre-rolled and a short canal walk the munchies should be setting in perfectly.....lol

Have fun brother and I know we all can't wait to hear about it when you return.

Also don't forget to check on our favorite bartender.

Again I hope you have blast!!!

Gato De Padre

www.myspace.com/damercurial1ofthevs
Posted: 2006-02-15, 6:32 pm

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Cooter is a fine name, my friend. Since it has was established last month that I pre-date the 'Dukes' by a few years, I have another meaning for the name but we won't go there. Anyway, I have no standing to talk about silly ass screen names.

I don't consume herb so I can't be of much use in that regard but for a neat experience, you might try the Albert Cuyp market if you have not been before. I went this year for the first time in six trips and it was fantastic. Might be useful to you if you happen to be pre-stoned since there are a lot of colors and shapes and places to eat, if you get the munchies. Not too many tourists, either. My guess is there is a coffeehouse or three in the area.

Oh, and you don't have to do the walking thing. I have purchased an unlimited tram pass the last two years. They come in 24, 48 and 72 hour increments and you can ride anything...tram, bus or subway. I found that its a great way to see new things with a minimum of effort. They're also much cheaper than the strippenkart. Plus, there's little chance that you can trip and fall on those damn cobblestone streets if you're drunk or stoned. You can buy them in the building across from Centraal Station. Its the one on the left if your back is to CS. I believe that 48 hours was 10E and 72 was 13E.

Don't forget the windows:-)

Regards,

Skip
Posted: 2006-02-17, 6:10 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Everyone! Just like the City of Amsterdam, good vibes abound here. Uber, I'm looking forward to using some of your fine culinary reviews. I'm wanting to test unchartered taste buds, so to speak. You are a man that likes to eat, not unlike myself. ................ Gato, my friend. Thanks for the advise, sounds like you been there, done that.. I could'nt imagine a trip to Mokum, without visiting our favorite barkeep. That girl can party! But I also have another, over on Hoogstraat. Just a short walk between the two, life is tough. :0)......................................Earthly, I know all about anticipation. Every time I get back from Amsterdam, I buy next years plane ticket . Always earlier and always longer. Most people can't say where they'll be a year from now. If I'm alive, you'll know where I'll be. ......................................Skip, Re: That other meaning....I've been called many things in my life, few have called me that. So this Albert Cuyp market sounds cool. Is it just weekends, like a market I visited in the Jordaan or is it everyday? The tram idea is a good one, with that 3 day pass. After reading that thread earlier. I think, even I would have trouble screwing it up. The cobblestones have tried to bite me on more than one occasion..................Well, I have things to ponder! I think some lovely red hair skunk bud, will put me in the mood. You know the kind you have to put in two ziplocks and a tupperware container so the neighbors don't know you have it.( I love living in the PacificNorthwest, did I mention that?)...........You guys are great!..............................Cooter ........ ............. (PS For some reason I can never get the damn paragraphs to come out right. I never said I was bright)

Posted: 2006-02-17, 8:23 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
From one ignatzmouse in the Pacfic NW to another have a great time Cooter! May the weather be kind and the girls hot.
Posted: 2006-02-17, 11:32 pm

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Cooter,

Here's a link to the Albert Cuyp Market. In case it doesn't work, it is open Mon thru Sat 9:30 to 5:00 (17:00). www.amsterdam.info/shopping/albert_cuypmarkt/ I got this off google. There is also a pretty cool flea market somewhere northeast of New Kirk that is right by a subway stop. It may be only open on Saturdays though. I'm not sure.

I had an amazing time at the Albert Cuyp on a Saturday for about three hours and I was completely sober. Its easy to find and everyone knows where it is. It is pronounced sort of like Albert "Carp" by our hosts.

You will not be sorry purchasing the 72 hour pass. What better way to tour the city? My objective this year was to not trip and fall during the trip. I am proud to say that I was successful for the first time in the last five years. Probably due in large part to the pass. Anyway, I have better ways to spend my energy than walking around banged up all the time.

Happy trails,

Skip
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: