Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Ludacris: The Red Light District - DVD
Posted: 2006-02-22, 12:13 pm

peter craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Has anyone seen this and know the names?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ludacris-The-Red- ... dZViewItem

Following his performance in the lauded 2005 feature film CRASH, Ludacris flips back to music for this release. Combining 10 live tracks with a bevy of extras, THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT is a fine way to sample Ludacris's musical talents. A tour of Amsterdam's Red Light District is one of the many highlights, with Ludacris sampling some of the many pleasures that can be found there, including some very potent weed. Four music videos are also included, all of which were filmed while Ludacris visited some of Amsterdam's finest storefronts, where he coerced some of the city's finest ladies of the night to join him as he performed.
Re: Ludacris: The Red Light District - DVD
Posted: 2006-02-23, 8:14 pm

lctric
Ain't yet seen it but it sure sounds promising from the description. Not that I'm a big rap-fan, but the RLD tour sounds fun!

Hope to see at least the tour portion show up soon.

Will keep on the look out.

Posted: 2006-02-27, 12:34 am

fatboy1Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Went walking through a Circuit City today and there was the DVD, reasonably priced at $12.99, and what an informative DVD it was.
Opening with a Ludacris show then off to some RLD Kamers. Interior shots with Ludacris rappin' and girls dancing followed by an interview with Jon at the Grey Area (named for Steve Grey). Jon displayed the requisite 500 grams of product for that particular day.
Grow Ops in a warehouse district that later turned out to be Sensi Seeds harvesting operation was the background for Ludacris as he rapped and spliffed his way through the farm. An interview with Arjan followed at the dealer desk in Greenhouse Centrum, "Smoke a joint once a day keeps the doctor away."
More music in a garage with cars and girls and concert footage. Claudia from Interclimax stated, "I am sitting on a gold mine." which brought some laughter. She was not only speaking about her ass but also www.camsathome.com.
Davina, Anra, and Sharon were interviewed next with Sharon saying, "Men are very stupid." and "Men tell me they love me every day."
Back to the grow ops and an interview with Alan from Sensi Seeds, "Best is Haze hybrids." followed with a monologue from Ludacris and the final performance at the concert.
Still pictures are also included.
The best I have seen on the RLD and coffeeshop scene in AMS by far. A required purchase for those who want good information on the subjects covered in this DVD.
www.ludacris.net
Posted: 2006-02-27, 1:29 am

AmsterdamChris Admin
Thanks for the review, I just bought a copy....deepdiscountdvd.com has it for $10.34 and free shipping
Looking forward to see Amsterdam and The RLD!
Posted: 2006-02-27, 4:10 pm

withnail Power Kat
all very interesting, in fact id be quite intrigued to see the video, but am i the only person who is wondering who on earth 'ludacris' is? maybe im just getting old.....

withnail
Posted: 2006-02-27, 4:52 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'm older than you, Withnail, and even I know who Ludacris is. He's an American rap star and actor. He has a role in the excellent Oscar nominated film "Crash" as a carjacker who gets a big surprise when he jacks a van loaded with illegal Chinese immigrants.
Posted: 2006-02-27, 5:07 pm

withnail Power Kat
ah, i see - thanks bone jockey. im afraid im a bit slow with such things (i just saw the motorcycle diaries at the weekend which is 'new' for me ;-)

anyway, arent you heading this way soonish? i simply must introduce you to the delights of t'arendsnest which is my new favourite hangout on the herengracht. i think a beer and a big romeo y julieta in there would make you a very happy man. mind you maybe youd prefer the cuban bar on utrechtsestraat, thinking about it...

tot ziens meneer!

withnail
Posted: 2006-02-27, 6:43 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-02-28, 1:17 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>>anyway, arent you heading this way soonish?<<

I'll be arriving on the morning of April 20th for 7 days and 6 nights. Looking forward to discovering new hangouts.
Posted: 2006-02-28, 10:24 am

withnail Power Kat
smokley - the cuban bar is opposite pata negra and is now owned by the same people. therefore you can drink, smoke your cigars and then have tapas delivered until 12.30am. i sat and watched the last ajax game in there with the chef from over the road and have promised to return soon.

as for this evening - theres ethiopian on the menu if you fancy? give me a bell.

cheers!

withnail
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: