Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Queensday
Posted: 2006-02-27, 5:39 pm

ottomabotto
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello,

I just found out I might get a shot at Queen's day this year. I will be in Brussels for business and can take a "free day." What is my best strategy for QD? Should I come in Friday for the night or Saturday for the day? If I should get the opportunity to stay over 1 night(doubtful) should it be Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun?

As usual, thanks in advance for all of the anticipated help.

Ottomabotto
Re: Queensday
Posted: 2006-02-28, 12:28 am

arthur
Queens Day which falls on a sunday this year ( 30th) will have the party on the 29th ( Saturday) . So it may be an idea to sleep over on 29th if you can arrive early that day.
Posted: 2006-02-28, 10:05 pm

katertje78
I'd stay over from Friday till Saturday if I were you.
The festivities usually start the evening before Queensday, with all the folks arriving from out of town. You can sleep on your way back on Saturday evening.
Posted: 2006-03-07, 10:37 pm

ottomabotto
Thanks for the info. I am going to try and stay Fri-Sat and see if I can get a fairly cheap room and train fare. Any thoughts on where to look besides the normal spots?
Posted: 2006-03-08, 8:13 am

BUTTHEADSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Prices go up for Queens Day. I would book now if you can get a room. If you can stay for both Fri and Sat, that would be best. Some hotels will only rent a room for 2 or 3 nights at that time.

Some of us are meeting at Susies Salon on Fri at 16:00. Look through previous threads.

Good luck and have a great trip.

BUTTHEAD
Posted: 2006-03-08, 9:21 pm

freakpa
Just to throw this in, I have been reading up on the Queen lately.

I have a newfound respect for her. Did you know she even went to law school? They say she is a great woman and a great leader. Looks that way to me. I will be proud to celebrate her mother's birthday and her day with a couple million of her subjects.
Posted: 2006-03-14, 11:23 pm

BUTTHEADSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I served 21 yrs in the military. About 1984 I had the pleasure of doing an honour guard for Queen Beatrix(sp?). She was in Ottawa visiting with friends she went to school with during WW II. She spent the war years in Canada. Every year Holland sends 1,000,000 tulip bulbs to Canada as a thank you. What a great country.

I am trying to spend $1,000,000 in Holland as a thank you.

BUTTHEAD
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: