Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Where did these come from?
Posted: 2006-03-05, 8:54 pm

bigd
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello All

I'm planning a trip with a friend later this spring to the Dam, first time in 4 years. I'm just curious to hear some opinions on how safe it is to transport seeds back to the US. "My friend" would not be stuffing her pockets with a couple hundred now, most likely 10. I checked out previous posts and it seems like it's a split verdict.

Excuse my ignorance, but are the laws in the US generally the same for possession of seeds as they are for the greenery? You figure 10 seeds accidentally/strategically placed on your person or luggage shouldn't be a big stress huh? Thanks!!! Never been to a better place that helps you just re-focus life's journey and get totally F'd while doing it.
Re: Where did these come from?
Posted: 2006-03-06, 1:35 am

obee
I dont know the laws on a person bringing seeds back into the U.S but i know from cannabis forums that importing seeds via mail from seed banks is not aloud and if detected will be confiscated

seeds should be easy ish to smuggle just make sure to put them in a smell proof baggie. in my opinion it isnt worth trying to smuggle anything drug related into america
Posted: 2006-03-06, 2:28 pm

wbelford
on a comical note, if you're that desperate, you could put them in your underpants and, in the unlikrly event of discovery, claim they're those annoying tomato seeds that seem to end up down there. can't imagine a sniffer dog would detect them down there!!
Posted: 2006-03-06, 3:44 pm

nikkers
Seeds the same as the green stuff, as far as US laws treat them.

Mail the seeds back... much lower risk and you will avoid the worrying going through US customs.

Better yet, order then from Seeds Direct in Amsterdam. For a €5.00 fee, they will mail your sees to your... from the UK. Shipped in excellent stealth packaging.
Posted: 2006-03-06, 4:05 pm

bigd
Interesting thing - there was a segment on 60 minutes (TV Show) last night about Marc Emery, "The Prince of Pot" who formerly had a seed business in Vancouver, BC. Leave it up to the American overpaid politicians to get their panties in a bunch and spend millions of our taxpayer's $$$ in the attempt to extradite this guy from Canada for selling seeds to the US. Apparently the laws consider a seed the same as one plant. Thanks for the responses. wbelford - why don't I just tell them my crabs are getting ready to hatch?
Posted: 2006-03-06, 6:14 pm

Joecaddy
Your "friend" is foolish. US Customs is what I would be concerned about when entering the US. It's probably easier find someone in California who has a medical perscription for cannabis. They can can purchase seeds and live plants through medical marijuana dispensaries. It would probably be safer to drive it back to your state.

Lang Leve Nederlands!

Joecaddy.....
Posted: 2006-03-08, 6:11 pm

riftst
my girlfriend and i accidently brought back some marijuana and hash chocolate bars. it sucks when you do a double check at the airport and figure out that it's somewhere in your luggage. talk about stress! managed to find the pipe and a couple stray buds. got back to the states with no problem what-so-ever. the kids ate that stuff like candy =)
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: