Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Been 3 yrs....probably 4...or...maybe it is 3..
Posted: 2006-03-06, 6:13 pm

McJointy Rollus
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi everyone,
Well It feels like a decade, but its been 3-4yrs since i last arrived in Amsterdam, and i was wondering if anything has changed in that time?
Im thinking of booking my 30minute flight from the UK (30mins...always pisses the Americans off!!!) and just wondered what to expect, is much the same?
Bit of a pointless post you make think but i still wanna know..
: )
Thanks
Re: Been 3 yrs....probably 4...or...maybe it is 3..
Posted: 2006-03-06, 7:56 pm

mojoworksSupporting Member
Supporting Member
30 MINUTES... FUCK that pisses me off.
Posted: 2006-03-06, 9:35 pm

Rainer
I agree with the final sentence of the original post. Hopefully he won't get pissed.

Posted: 2006-03-07, 4:30 pm

dambuster2
30 mins pisses me off. It's always taken me 45 mins from Heathrow to Schipol.
Posted: 2006-03-07, 11:21 pm

Quimrod
You should try flying from Bristol....just over an hour!
Posted: 2006-03-07, 11:27 pm

Wim Admin
Normally I bike it in 15 minutes, but if I really get pissed I'll do it in 10 ....
Posted: 2006-03-07, 11:35 pm

Quimrod
Big show-off
Posted: 2006-03-08, 12:22 am

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Wim,

You are not supposed to bike when you are Pissed, or stoned or....(horny is OK) It is a safety hazard, dude. You can get a ticket for biking under the influence, you know.

Interesting thought about getting from the UK to Amsterdam in 30 miuntes. That doesn't really give you enough time to contemplate and plan your strategy for the visit. I'll take the eight hour flight any day. Gives one a sense of accomplishment.. Besides, it usually takes me more than 30 miuntes to find a parking space.

Quim,

When are you arriving? Are you sure you're still going?? I am patiently awaiting your stories, mate. Remember the quaint Dutch phrase enorme schaamlippen and report back.

Regards all,

Skip
Re: 15 minute bikeride
Posted: 2006-03-08, 12:27 am

chairman
Wim do you mind if I come and live with you and your family for a couple years? You could just tell them I am your long lost cousin or something. I'll help out with the housework and I'll make dinner every other night. I make a great tuna casserole!

Regards,

Victor

Posted: 2006-03-08, 5:45 am

arthur
30 mins? huh

45 mins? huh!!

8 hours ???huh!!!!

It takes me at least two 12 hour flights plus all the transferring time just to get to Amsterdam!!

However, i always have a holiday on the way in asia and one on the way back!

I enjoy the journey and Amsterdam is just one of the destinations....
Posted: 2006-03-08, 10:16 am

withnail Power Kat
I walk out of my front door, turn left then right and Bobs yer Uncle. aint life grand?

regards

withnail
Posted: 2006-03-08, 11:47 am

Wim Admin
" Wim do you mind if I come and live with you and your family for a couple years? You could just tell them I am your long lost cousin or something. I'll help out with the housework and I'll make dinner every other night. I make a great tuna casserole! "

Vic , I always feel a weak spot for my lost brother - come and visit and I'll introduce you !

Withnail , already learned what a "lachebekje" is .... ?
Posted: 2006-03-08, 12:24 pm

withnail Power Kat
wim - ive been asking around the office here for a translation. the answers vary between having the 'gift of the gab' or a 'fish mouth'. hmmm, not sure what to make of that really.

the selection in my neighbourhood RLD is really quite lovely after 9.30pm each night (did i tell you i have moved to de pijp?). In fact i have noticed of late that optimal visiting hours for my two favoured RLDs seem to be - Singel 2.30pm onwards (weekdays) and Pijp 9.30pm onwards (weekdays).

ive been busy getting re-aquainted with some old friends this week down in the singel. in fact our board friend Fiets just beat me to door 21 in oude nieuw on sunday. i think he was a little surprised to see me stood behind him as he did the door interview ;-)

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-03-08, 12:55 pm

Wim Admin
Withnail
well a bek is a dogs mouth , a bekkie or a bekje is considered as a young girls mouth or face
she has a "lekker bekkie" , she has a cute face (mouth) ,

"je" or "tje" attached to a word means little , "ïe" , "tie" or "kie" also , but is slang ...

just like "hoer" is a bad word , but a "hoertje" is a nice girl with possibilities (IMHO)
she is a "lachebekkie" (lachen =laughing) or "lachebekje" , she is a nice laugher , so you say to those girls in your office : "hey sweetheart , you have a lekker bekkie ..."
( better don't try the "lekker hoertje" .... )

Hey , we'll see Hutchings , when will you introduce me to your Fiets friend ...., he must be angry with me ....

W.
Posted: 2006-03-08, 3:57 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-03-08, 4:50 pm

withnail Power Kat
haha! ok mr.one turn, you beat me ;-)

withnail
Posted: 2006-03-09, 12:09 am

chairman
Thanks Wim, I'll see you tomorrow then :)

Posted: 2006-03-09, 12:59 am

Wim Admin
" You are not supposed to bike when you are Pissed, or stoned or....(horny is OK) It is a safety hazard, dude. You can get a ticket for biking under the influence, you know. "

Skip,
I already have a 50 Euro ticket for passing red light on on my bike (the wrong red light) , I never pass a redlight crossing , this was just a very simple one only for pedestrians and there were no pedestrians , the bastard cops made it an easy trap .....

Vic,
tomorrow ? you're welcome , hey wait , another 10 years and I send my daughter to the US ..... , she wants a house with a nice backyard, and I'll come and visit her ..... (ugh ugh)
(did you read Withnail is living now around the corner of Pijp ?? , with Sabrina, Leonie , Julia , Sylvana .... that must be something ......

W.
Posted: 2006-03-09, 1:34 am

chairman
" hey wait , another 10 years and I send my daughter to the US ..... , she wants a house with a nice backyard, and I'll come and visit her ..... (ugh ugh)
(did you read Withnail is living now around the corner of Pijp ?? , with Sabrina, Leonie , Julia , Sylvana .... that must be something ......"

I'll be waiting for your daughter then- hopefully we hit off and then maybe get married in Holland. That way I can have dual citizenship and start my takeover of the Achterdam :) First I will buy the snack shop and from the money I make off of cigarettes, etc.- I will purchase the entire street. Then all my S+F's are free- a guy can dream can't he?

Jealous of the Pijp being Withnail's backyard playland. All my pay checks would be spent pretty quick in that environement!

Hope all is well for you-

Regards,

Victor

Posted: 2006-03-09, 5:44 pm

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Wim,

Remind me never to get on your bike with you.........(the PW rocket is OK, though). 50 Euro, just imagine what good use you could have put that geld to. Questions abound:

Were you going to the hunting grounds or returning?
Were you Pissed, just a little upset, pissed (inebriated), sober or very horny?
Were the bike police hiding behind the corner of a building or what?
Did they chase you down with their little bike generator sirens blaring or just ringing the bells on the handle bars repeatedly?
Did they read you your rights when you were apprehended?
Did you consider consulting a barrister?

This is really interesting because next time I visit I may try to make a citizens (alien) arrest if I see any red-light runners. Good to know that they have a no tolerance law enforcement policy. Just imagine if they gave out 50 Euro tickets for the gnomes on de Wallen's bridges, but I suppose that would abridge Charlie-man's free speech rights as opposed to protecting we tourists from the crazy bicycle red light runners.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Skip
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: