Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
whatsup with the airfare
Posted: 2006-03-06, 9:23 pm

JBIG
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
from LA to Amsterdam its looking a bit expensive to fly in for the cup?

anybody know a good place to stay and a good place for airfare, I have a few friends looking for the LOWEST price available (while still having a hotel room of some sort, even if they must split it between them)

ideas?
Re: whatsup with the airfare
Posted: 2006-03-07, 4:46 am

Raven
I think the airfare will stay high.I fly from Los Angeles also.Each year I can see the increase at least $45 to $50.00. Hotel rooms in AMS are not getting any cheaper also,especially if you like to stay in a 3 star hotel like I do. What the hell, it is worth it to me.Maby in 6 months to a year I'll be back to the best play land I have ever found. Raven
Posted: 2006-03-07, 11:19 am

freakpa
How high is too high?

I noticed that this summer's fares are significantly up already. But the airlines are getting more competition - KLM is starting a pile of new runs to the US, and hopefully the discount airlines will move in.
Posted: 2006-03-07, 1:38 pm

block
I posted a thread concerning airfares a few weeks back.I have since noticed a slight decrease in prices but you have to be patient and keep checking.Airlines most likely will not price themselves out of business unless they can talk our "all knowing" government into another major bailout.Maybe instead of another bailout the feds could give each person a voucher for a trip to the destination of their choice....or maybe they could just stay out of it all together.

Miles Davis
Posted: 2006-03-07, 7:27 pm

freakpa
Believe it or not, the US government is directly responsible for the p&l of the airlines. They force so many taxes (the taxes you pay separately plus the ones that they have to put inside the tickets) that the airlines are forced to pay and to pass on, that it really is the US government's fault the airlines are going out.

If the US government would let the airlines function as a normal business instead of trying to single them out as some sort of luxury tax where they can charge the affluent and the businesses for someone else's bill, they may have a chance. This way the bailouts just cover the damage they directly and intentionally cause.
Posted: 2006-03-09, 12:56 am

JBIG
so am I gonna spend around 700 after taxes?
this sucks
I paid 400 a few years previous

whatever
Posted: 2006-03-09, 7:09 pm

freakpa
700 bucks is still CHEAP to fly 6000 miles each way. And you get two or three meals, maybe four, and a pile of movies.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: