Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
trip planning Fall - suggestions welcome
Posted: 2006-03-21, 2:59 am

babyboy06
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey folks,
I'd like to take a trip to A in the fall. I've been reading the posts here for a couple of weeks, I'm glad I stumbled on to it.
As a newbie looking for advice, I was hoping to bounce some questions out. :)

I was wondering if renting an apt, there for a week or so, is that much better than a hotel.
(any currently known cheaper apts or advice for hotels?)
I've never taken a real vacation before and I really want to think this through for the best time. I'm hoping for a great time to be honest.
From reading here its best to start to book the flight approx 3 months before. So if Oct then start looking "harder' in August.
What do you think a decent priced round trip ticket would be from Toronto to Ams. (dont mind a stop-over too bring the price down)
If traveling to other towns (like to go to rotterdam or hauge or somewhere) is it better to rent from a hotel just day by day(s) and see what falls into place?
If anyone can throw some good advice, it would be appreciated and! you can take credit when I get back. lol
Thanks'

Last edited by babyboy06 on 2006-03-24, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: trip planning Fall - suggestions welcome
Posted: 2006-03-21, 5:18 am

cornbread
First of all, know that airfare prices to Europe go way down starting on Nov 1. When I look at my potential prices for my trip this fall flying on Northwest, if I leave in Mid October (Oct 18 or so) the flight costs $909 round trip. If I leave 2 weeks later on Wednesday Nov 1, the price goes down to $695 just by waiting for November to hit. Last year I went in early November and I purchased my tickets in Mid August and I’m glad I did, prices went up in the weeks leading u p to my trip.

For hotels, just look on bookings.nl and book straight from that website. Speaking for myself, all hotels look the same when the lights are out so I stay at the Hotel Old Quarter.
Posted: 2006-03-22, 2:29 am

riftst
i just booked tickets for my third trip to amsterdam. my girlfriend and i got an apartment at citymundo.com. if your traveling with two or more and want a little step up, this is the way to go. our one bedroom with kitchen and a computer=) , was only $900 a peice for two weeks, and it's right in town. don't forget to check out the tuchinski theatre near rembrandtplein for a movie (ask for the upgraded seats) or just ask to see the inside, a lot different than US theatres. for a real in depth of amsterdam check out amsterdam dvd on ebay.
Posted: 2006-03-24, 1:25 am

babyboy06
Thanks for the replys.
I wish it was abit flexable but the time off is in oct. the middle 2 weeks.
I'm reading that the absolute cheapest way is to just get a flight to eroupe and then buy a new ticket once there to ams.. Seems kinda............funky? (lack of a better word)
187 views though, and only 2!
I guess 'no advice' is better than bad advice ;)
Trust me I'll be bumping this along to Oct so all suggestions are honestly welcomed.
I really hoping for a decent time if anyone is would rather PM advice rather than posting thats cool too. Positive thoughts thinking about the fall........
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: