Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Help with first mushroom experience
Posted: 2006-04-02, 8:41 pm

dasani1099
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Will be trying shrooms for the first time. Im a regular pot user. Im concerned about getting out of control and having a bad trip so I dont want to try anything to strong. I also have a bit of claustrophobia and I dont want that to kick in as a result of a trip. Any suggestions would be greatky appreciated. CAn anyone recommend the best smartshop or the most knowledgeable owner to speakw with. The best place to do it. The safest version to go with for the first time. (Obviously, I want to experience something different than pot so it would have to offer that).

Finally, I hate getting nausea. Can that be avoided. Also are there places that do omlettes with them (like spacecakes for pot?) so that they are cooked and the experience is incorporated as part of a meal??
Re: Help with first mushroom experience
Posted: 2006-04-02, 9:57 pm

BroodjeBoy
i will recommend the dried mexicans (P. cubensis) for a first timer. They are real mellow and dont cause any type of paranoia. They can sometimes cause an introspective trip and can learn alot about yourself. The visuals are beautiful, almost like everything has a light "glaze" over it. and you will LAUGH.
to avoid nausea, eat them on an empty stomach. you will have a better trip.
amsterdam is an amazing place to shroom ; )

happy trails
BBoy
Posted: 2006-04-02, 11:58 pm

soylent Power Kat
I'll second that about the Mexicans. The Columbian varieties are a laugh riot as well but Conscious Dreams, one of the main smart shops isn't currently carrying those. Doesn't mean you can't get 'em somewhere else. The smart shops pretty much sell shrooms in two-person doses, sealed and pre-packaged with professional labels, warnings, and the like. Half of one of these packages should do you fine for your first time.

If you're worried about getting out of control with yourself while under the influence, you should be fine as long as you're not taking prescription MAOIs for depression or other mental illness. These drugs tend to magnify a psychedelic's effect to an uncomfortable degree. If you're taking scripts for mental illness, you have no business taking psychedelics anyway. Otherwise, just hole up in your hotel room for the first half of the trip to get a feel for things and see if you're too fucked up to go out in public, or you could find yourself doubled over with laughter in the middle of the bike lane.

Cheers to All,
-Soy
Posted: 2006-04-03, 7:55 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>Im concerned about getting out of control and having a bad trip

It's not likely. But, as you have already decided, keeping the dose mild will help you get your feet wet. My recommendation would be 20 g of Mexicans (2 grams dried). Typically the Mexican variety is sold in boxes of 30 g (or 3 g dry). Ask to be sure.

>I also have a bit of claustrophobia

Avoid loud places, places with lots of people and, of course, confining places. You might even want to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Noisy, oppressive places are unpleasant places to be when tripping as it is. Claustrophobia would accentuate that aspect.

I suggest that you take the shrooms in your room or some place close to your hotel so that you can get back to your room. After you have felt them kick in then you can decide if you want to be out in public. Being in your room puts your mind at ease about getting out of control or doing something stupid. Besides, I like the feel of a snuggy warm bed.

I haven't seen much difference in the various smartshops.

Regarding nausea - different people react differently. I personally think that fresh mushrooms (as opposed to dried) produce less risk of nausea, but I have heard others say the opposite.

If you go out:
1) Take a card from your hotel so that you can ask for directions back
2) Take the minimum amount of things with you as possible. Leave all but the most basic requirements behind, especially cash. Take only a copy of your passport.
3) Watch out for bicycles, trams, and other traffic
4) Watch out for curbs - real ankle breakers, they are

Enjoy!

the dogs
Posted: 2006-04-03, 9:35 pm

tukayaway
Good advice by all. I've only had mushrooms once, and it was some mexican ones. Had a nice time tripping to the lights shining through the curtains at my mates flat, thinking I could see Jesus on the cross. Had an interesting conversation about religion and found real pleasure in clenching my hand into a fist really slowly.

I want to go there again! Where is the best place to buy them?
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: