Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Here is a study I'd like to see the PIC or academics make
Posted: 2006-04-03, 6:27 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I wish a psychologist or sociologist would survey sex workers with questions like these. (There are some studies elsewhere, but I've not seen them specific to the girls working in the NL).

Neurosynth

First...get full demographics...age, race, nation of origin, ethnicity, age first started sex work, etc.

Second...get a history of drug use and psychological problems/treatment...

And then questions like these:

Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
If yes, does this person depend on your income for their everyday living expenses or discretionary purchases?

Outside of Kamer rental and other expenses, or non-sex work expenses, do you turn over all or some portion of your sex work income to another person? (This includes a boyfriend, girlfriend, manager, or anyone else.)

Would you consider this person to be a "pimp?"

Does that person also collect sex work income from other sex workers? If yes, how many?

For every 100€ you collect from a client, how much do you give to this person, and how much do you keep?

Does this person dictate or imply that you must make a certain minimum amount of money per day/week/month through sex work?

If yes what is this amount, and indicate if that is a daily, weekly, or monthly amount.

Does this person back up such expectations with threats of abandonment?

Does this person back up such expectations with threats of violence?

Has this person been violent with you in the past?

Has this person been violent with any other sex workers he/she collects income from?

Were you lured to Amsterdam or some other city by a false promise of other employment, and then were offered sex work as your only alternative?

Do you owe a monetary debt to people who brought you to Amsterdam for the purpose of sex work employment?

Have you been sold from one person to another for the purposes of sex work?

As a child were you the victim of violence at the hands of a family member?
As an adolescent were you the victim of violence at the hands of a family member?
As a child were you the victim of violence at the hands of a non-family member?
As an adolescent were you the victim of violence at the hands of a non-family member?

As a child were you sexually abused by a family member?
As an adolescent were you sexually involved with a family member?
As an adolescent were you sexually involved with a family member 5 or more years older than you?

As a child were you sexually abused by a non-family member?
As an adolescent were you sexually involved with a non-family member?
As an adolescent were you sexually involved with a non-family member 5 or more years older than you?

Have you ever been raped?

For each time you've been raped list your age at the time.
Re: Here is a study I'd like to see the PIC or academics mak
Posted: 2006-04-03, 7:09 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The guide I refered to in the other post has done exactly that - it is what made the tour so interesting - and reported some "improvements" since the Dutch authorities had taken action on illegals, etc.
Posted: 2006-04-04, 12:54 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Any clues as to whether the results were published or a name or institution I could contact? I'd seriously appreciate it!

cheers, neurosynth
Posted: 2006-04-04, 1:42 am

tw25rw Power Kat
Would like to see the answers from retired sex workers as well, especially on the bf/pimp question.

Posted: 2006-04-04, 7:09 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
neurosynth - I guess they were but have no idea by whom or where

tw25rw - as I recall a lot were giving some/all to boyfriends, who the girls regarded as such, but such behaviour sounds more like a pimp to me

B61
Posted: 2006-04-04, 12:19 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
That's what I mean. They think they are boyfriends now, but down the track when they've come to their senses and he's gone, possibly leaving her in debt, she may well think different.

Posted: 2006-04-04, 8:42 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Last night I saw a travel show "something something 5"...sorry I can't remember the title. But it was about these 5 young people traveling cheaply making documentaries. Anyway they stayed in AMS for a week, and had a guide for the RLD tour.

She warned them about the dangers of filming in the RLD and said the girls have "huge boyfriends" who will come out and rough them up and break their cameras.

Now surely she knows that these guys are hardly "boyfriends". Yet that is the word she uses. It seems to me that *everyone*, including the working girls themselves, know what the real story is...but they simply can't speak honestly about it.

When I first came to the RLD I thought "now here is a place where I can enjoy prostitution without guilt, because the girls are free to do as they please and work for themselves".

Now I think this is the rare exception...
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: