Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Why do people have stag parties in Dam?(&weed on plane!)
Posted: 2006-04-07, 9:56 pm

wongatron
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I know a lot of guys go to Dam on stag parties etc, or maybe in exactly my situation (read trip report in other thread) - and I wanted to ask for your comments. For me, going here when I had a girlfriend at home really validated my relationship. It's hard to explain, but when I was there on my own with nobody to watch me, free to do as I pleased with as many excuses (drugs etc) as I could want, I really felt totally certain that I wanted to stay with this person for the rest of my life. It's an indescribably powerful feeling, and it got me thinking - is this WHY stag parties go to Amsterdam? Is it to make sure the groom is totally happy with his choice? Hell, I might even do a study to see if divorce rates are lower for men who have stag parties in Amsterdam! Reckon the university will fund me? Seriously though, please reply to this point because it really got me thinking hard

Sorry for posting in separate threads, I just wanted to keep this distinct from my report.

PS

I noticed a few guys asked about weed on the plane - I thought about it all the way to the airport, and ended up throwing away about 1.5 grams in the airport (was going to eat it, but I had to drive my car when I got back to England - bad planning on my part!). Imagine how annoyed I was to find there were no checks, no dogs, no customs really! In England (Doncaster), the customs desk wasn't even manned - it was just a telephone if you wanted to talk to them!
Re: Why do people have stag parties in Dam?(&weed on pla
Posted: 2006-04-08, 10:00 am

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I strongly doubt that most stag parties think beyond cheap flights to a place with a reputation for wild behaviour. Good luck with your relationship.

B61
Posted: 2006-04-08, 2:12 pm

Roland Power Kat
I understand your annoyance.

Imagine though how annoyed you'd be when you did get stopped and caught by HM's Customs or better yet when you were driving home and got stopped for that turn signal or failure to yield sign on the road as your mind drifted back to last night's fun in the Wallen or the Waterhole or WHY.

"Oh sir, didn't you see that sign? Oh I see some luggage in you back seat. Travelling were you? Oh to Amsterdam. Could we perhaps take a look? Ah another smuggler".

Think you get the drift.

Why take the hassle over how little you would be carrying.

My 2 cents on that one

Think the majority of people stag in Amsterdam because they can. It has the right mix of what one wants to do on a stag and iuf one desires one direction or another there is a lot less legal hassle or social stigma (or both) than there might be if you did it in the UK or say France.

Regards. Roland
Posted: 2006-04-10, 1:02 am

iloveamsterdam
the risk is not that high for small amounts 3 to 4 gram
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: