Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Beijing report
Posted: 2007-11-05, 2:02 am

SunLover
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Recently back from a week in China visiting Qingdao and Beijing. Qingdao was for business, and no mongering opportunities were available, but I was able to spend a couple of days on my own in Beijing:

In general - Beijing is a clean, safe, and welcoming city. It is easy to navigate if you are a seasoned traveler. My hotel was close to Tienaman Square and the Forbidden City. Cabs were cheap and basic English or at least 'Chinglish' was widely spoken. What made me crazy was that when the tough negotiations started (negotiating price is culturally expected, even at most tourist shops) the English dried up and all you got was a blank stare and a smile. And the street touts hawking Mao watches and Rolex knock-offs could get very aggressive with their sales tactics.

The overall scene - As in most Asian countries it's all about the "massage" and variations there of. The massage is the appetizer, "sex" in all it's forms (HJ, BJ, intercourse) is the main course. The price of the massage buys you her initial time, sex is an extra "tip" on top of the massage price. Current exchange rate is approximately $1usd=7.5rmb. Everything is negotiable.

Street scene - I was approached day and night by smiling, friendly ladies on the streets outside the major hotels asking if I was interested in a massage. Looks varied from acceptable to quite nice. Since their English was only fair to begin with, I passed on their offers.

Hotel scene - The ladies were standing around the lobby, seated in the bar, and lingered by the elevator banks. Their English was better, and some were quite attractive, but I again passed on their offers.

Massage establishments - Plentiful on the side streets. They were easier to find after dark when the neon signs came on. If I had a minder (translator) I would have ventured in, but again the chinglish/ripoff factor kept me away.

Out-call hotel massage - Many establishments listed in the phone book yellow pages. Good English spoken. One phone operator even said to call her back if I had any problems with the service. Initial massage prices were listed. The ladies were prompt (20 to 30 minutes) to arrive. I tried this option twice with mixed results:

Coco (Maemae) - a cute young computer student. Went with the 280rmb ($37usd) 90 minute oil massage option. After about 30 minutes she flipped me and lightly stroked my cock. "You like me?" Of course. Her offer was 1,000rmb ($137 usd) for a blow job with her top off. I respectfully declined. "Why not? I have very nice tits" she insisted. I tried to negotiate by suggesting alternative prices/services. All of a sudden her English vanished and all I got was the blank stare and a smile. After several awkward minutes we decided on 200rmb for her time and she relucedently left.

Lucy - a very cute, petite young lady. Initial price was 200rmb for 60 minutes oil massage. After about 20-30 minutes the negotiations began. She wanted 1,800rmb ($240usd) for "sex" (intercourse), which I did not have. She indicated that she would take USD. She offered $200USD and 500rmb. I countered with $100usd and 800rmb. Again the english disappeared, so we resorted to writing numbers down on a piece of paper. After a lot of back and forth, we finally settled on 500rmb for an "expert" HJ. And expert it certainly was. After several minutes I came so hard I practically hit the ceiling. She let out an audible gasp, a big smile, a thumbs up, and went on at length about my projectory. Before leaving Lucy gave me her cell phone number and offered sex (intercourse) for 1,500rmb the next day. "For you discount." While she was a sweet girl I did not follow up on her offer.

Summary - the mongering scene is available and easy to find. The VFM was low IMO and while some are very attractive, Asian girls are not my preferred type. What really got me was the negotiations. While common and expected in their culture, I was uncomfortable with the process. I also learned that time was not really considered (payment was for the act, not time), and that as a tourist you are basically fair game to be taken advantage of, sometimes boardering on ripped-off.

Despite the USD weakness, I am planning on visiting Thailand for the first time in 2008. Any feedback on the Bangkok scene would be appreciated.

SunLover
Re: Beijing report
Posted: 2007-11-07, 12:25 pm

Thaipan
Good post SunLover, I love Thailand and you will find a world of difference in the prices and service in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

Suggest you go to www.ukbkk.co.uk there is lots of info there re just about everything you will need to know hotels, bars, girls rates etc etc. we even have some colonial members! Read my recent trip report here:

http://ukbkk.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=2932

All the best and remember "visiting Thailand WILL change your life for ever"!

Posted: 2007-11-09, 10:07 am

paladin
You're being quoted waaaaaayyyyyy too much. Find someone Chinese speaking, you should be paying something like $75-$100 USD for great service from a young and attractive lady.
Posted: 2007-11-10, 5:56 pm

cocksure Power Kat
wow, China sounds like such a rip off that I'm surprised there's even a mongering scene there.

Thanks for taking one for the team though.
Posted: 2007-11-10, 9:49 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'd be too afraid of the legal consequences in a place like China to partake. But then I don't know much about it.
Posted: 2008-01-30, 8:05 am

don_juan
beijing is the worst place to enjoy better service. in south china is cheaper with more safty. prosititution in china is strictly banned by chinese government, particularly in beijing. so be careful, if you don;t wanna be arrested and kicked out from this country. macao is totally different.
Posted: 2008-02-04, 3:57 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'd say if you are arrested in this country being kicked out is the *best* thing that can happen.
Posted: 2008-02-05, 11:03 pm

Gmoney
There are mongering opportunities all over China and it is out in the open just as it is in the rest of Asia. Prostitution is not against the law and it is not frowned upon. In Beijing check out Molly's which is a bar/club that is full of beautiful young Mongolian girls which are all in the game.
Posted: 2008-02-10, 12:00 am

busterbrown73
Sunlover... China wouldn't be on the top of my list for mongering purposes. I too am trying to put together a first time trip to Bangkok by June of this year. Thaipan is a moderator of a UK site devoted to providing info on Bangkok and many of the surrounding cities. Check them out and let me know what dates you're doing. TP has a trip planned for March I think.

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less"
Posted: 2008-02-18, 9:53 pm

CalicoJack
Whilst I can't offer anything useful about the 'mongering scene in Beijing, I can certainly agree that China - in general - is a rip off destination for all but the most seasoned travellers.

I recently spent nearly a month in China just very slightly off the tourist trail - 1 week in Beijing, and the rest way up north - visiting some friends. If it wasn't for the lifeline of having natives who could translate Chinese for us, it would have been almost impossible for us to travel independently, staying in "local" hotels not really geared up for westerners. We used the "Eh? What? Call their mobile!" helpline several times a day!

When we took taxis or used other services with our Chinese friend, the prices were generally almost an order of magnitude lower. Some things that would cost £40 to us "tourists" would cost our Chinese friend about £5! When out and about with our western, Chinese-speaking friends an animated conversation would ensue at the end of each taxi ride or restaurant meal, explaining that there's only six of us, not twenty... but those little chats always ended with smiles and laughs. I get the impression that they actually enjoy the conflict and resolution play-acting so much it's like some sort of art form now.

The thing is, everything is so cheap (especially up north), even their rip-off prices are quite cheap, so as foreigners it's very easy to think that you're getting a good deal.

And they all know it.

It's cheaper than at home, so it must be good value - it's so easy to forget to factor in that you're earning, very possibly (probably), ten or more times the average wage. If you are decadent enough to think that paying someone's wages for three days for a taxi to the airport, then they'll jolly well do their best to let that happen.

To be fair, I can't blame them.

Point is, there's a massive difference in prices between what tourists will pay, and locals will pay. I guess it's the same in every industry, even the one we all love and keep coming back here to discuss!

On a side note: The Chinese Language! Lordy - the whole system is completely alien - where we stayed, English-language support was almost non-existent when our friends weren't around. Off the tourist trail, it's a whole new world.

I'm actually pretty good with languages. I've been told I have a natural flair, especially for regional accents, and keep getting mistaken for a local wherever I travel in Europe. Although I never properly learned a language, wherever I travel, I make a point of being able to hold even the most rudimentary conversation. It's kind of a pride and guilt thing: I loathe the idea that anyone might mistake me for a typical "Brit lad abroad", all lager and football, and we have a reputation for simply not bothering to learn other languages. And I feel guilty I never formally learned a language.

But I consider myself willing to give it a go, so I do, and usually do OK.

But Chinese?

Not a chance. Leaving the written character set alone for now, the spoken language is so very difficult to comprehend: Tonal, contextual, rich and complex fusions of word-sounds that alter their meaning seemingly at random with the merest inaudible hint of an inflection.

I have never, ever, been anywhere I have been unable to make myself understood. Until now.

I'd still go back. It's a wonderful place.

Gosh. What a long post. Sorry!
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: