Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam or Zona Norte (Tijuana)
Posted: 2007-12-03, 1:44 am

malabenne
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have my trip choices chosen and it is Amsterdam or Zona Norte in Tijuana. Does anyone have any info on Zona Norte? I think it may be far less expensive than Amsterdam. What I am really looking for is someone who has been there. Are the girls more receptive in Tijuana or is it a rip off? Thanks Everybody!
Re: Amsterdam or Zona Norte (Tijuana)
Posted: 2007-12-03, 1:51 am

tw25rw Power Kat
How important is personal security to you?

Posted: 2007-12-03, 8:19 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I've been to both and the only way Tijuana should win over AMS is if you simply can't afford to go to AMS at all. Because something is presumably better than nothing.

But there's really no comparison. Tijuana, at least the the commonly thought of parts, is a very downscale experience. Lots of poverty. It's really hard to not feel sorry for many of the girls. And you really don't want to get involved with drugs or anything else that might get the attention of the local police.

I don't think it's as dangerous as some others here might. The cops generally don't want to scare away American money.

Nuevo Laredo...that's a whole 'nuther story. Just plain stay away.
Posted: 2007-12-03, 12:53 pm

Gainz
Man I love TJ, used to go there often while living in LA. They are both completely different experiences while AMS is ordered, controlled and commercial, the zona roja is not. Its raw and feels like bandit country. I never saw or experienced any problems but I did hear some horror stories. The girls are so hot I love em all. best places are Miami Bar which plays trad tejano music but after 11pm the bar splits and the smaller bar becomes china bar. This place is the fuckin nuts. naked women everywhere. Its great. Then go to Adelita Bar where you will find the girls for sex. remember, dont get drunk and be a dick, avoid drugs at all costs, dont walk thru 2 or more people talking together, dont spit or piss on the streets and avoid eye contact with the guys carrying assault rifles. Then you'll be alright!

Ams is a more laid back place with more to see and do. Best beers and of course the smoke.

Posted: 2007-12-03, 2:57 pm

malabenne
One good thing about Tijuana is that there are so many girls on the street (no windows between you and them) with those awesome mini skirts, that it makes a great appetizer for the real sex you will have later. I am a leg man though. Latina women often have REALLY great legs.
Posted: 2007-12-03, 2:58 pm

malabenne
Is it really that dangerous in TJ?
Posted: 2007-12-03, 3:44 pm

hutchings
Moving to proper forum.

Once again, malabenne, I will strongly advise that you search for the information you're looking for before posting so many different threads.
Posted: 2007-12-03, 3:51 pm

malabenne
I was under the impression that the purpose of this forum WAS to gather information.
I am quite tired of the pissy attitude and of the "strongly advised" warnings. BYE!
Posted: 2007-12-08, 3:42 pm

Matt_06
I have been to both AMS and TJ.
They are both the same as far as your enjoyments. You will have a great time either way. If I had to choose one, I will go with TJ.
It is not dangerous if you use common sense. Obviously drugs are illegal so don't have it with you in TJ. Don't walk around acting drunk. Due to poverty, you may feel uncomfortable seeing the poor and running into them which typically makes one uncomfortable. If so, don't walk around. Take the Taxi directly to the right area and when you leave take a taxi back to the border. I have never had a problem, but I have heard of folks having run in with the police and had to pay. At least you know you can solve the problems with money.
Your money will go much farther in TJ than AMS. The girls are plenty and beautiful. Prior to my first visit I did much research on ISG and one gentleman provided me with valuable information via PM.
If you search this site, I posted my visit.
Good luck and enjoy.
Posted: 2007-12-08, 7:46 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I'm not sure it's worth a full scale debate...not sure any "which is better" question is...but I'm surprised folks would actually rate TJ higher than AMS. The difference in price for girls isn't hugely different, and the selection is much more restricted...i.e. if you are only interested in Latinas TJ may have everything you need, but AMS a broad selection of Euro girls of all kinds plus a sprinkling of girls from all over the world. Plus AMS has a fairly open soft drug policy, plus AMS has much more to do when not chasing girls, plus AMS is just generally more attractive and less depressing, has better and more varied food choices, plus is it less dangerous (although I agree that TJ isn't as dangerous as some think it is).

I mean, if you happen to be in San Diego anyway, sure, by all means check out TJ. But a straight up choice when either is within the budget? AMS all the way.
Posted: 2007-12-08, 10:51 pm

Matt_06
I could not disagree with you.
If I had a choice from where I live, I would pick AMS no questions about it.
Posted: 2007-12-09, 2:27 am

smuler Power Kat
Having been to both places,one thing I can agree with is the "bandido mentality ". In TJ, you have to worry about the police robbing you ( I have seen it happen ). In Amsterdam, the police are there to serve and protect. That's all I will say on this...oh..one minor addition - the weather is 1000 times better in TJ..it rarely ever rains. Best regards...Smuler
Posted: 2007-12-13, 11:29 pm

knobby_1969
I've been day trips to TJ a couple of times. It was a good experience, but I'd always recommend AMS. Msotly because of the weed in AMS.

The second day I was in TJ I was walking back to Revolution Av from Adelitas and I got pulled over by the police. Probably because I am a typical gringo.
They gave me the third degree...where was I, where was I going, have you had anything to drink ( seemingly drunkeness is illegal in Mexico).
I had a small backpack with me and one of them rifled through that and another started going through my pockets.
I thought, here we go one of them is going to "find" some drugs on me. I was bricking myself at the time as I was advised NEVER to find myself in a Mexican prison or I would be in serious trouble.
But, they said everything was ok and they let me on my way. I think at the time they were clamping down on police corruption and drug trafficers ( hence the search, lone gringo with backpack = drugs mule).

...I'd still go back if I was in the area, mind you. The girls in Adeltas are quite hot.
Posted: 2008-01-07, 12:39 am

londonbasketcase Power Kat
Just goes to show you I'm blind when I go travelling at times. I've been to Mexico three times and in those visits Tijuana twice and never saw the troubles discussed here nor saw the latina ladies were available for hire. I had a fantastic experience roaming the ancient ruins of the central plateaus and the jungle temples near the Carribean coast. I ate fajitas in the street markets and took the bus with the locals and froze and sweated like they did as we crossed the mountains separating the highlands from the coastal plain.

I didn't have a problem with anyone. I think a lot of people were surprised to see a lone foreigner with little Spanish wandering around their towns looking to see their local Indian ruins. i even caught up with a party led by two professors from Texas University (he mentioned there were two and they were rivals and that they were from one of them). Great people and very funny to talk as their views of the world were so different to my view of the world. Just like the Alaskan guy I got to know who kept on calling the continental USA the "lower 48".

I need to plan a trip back to Mexico now. I think I missed out.

Kind regards

Londonbasketcase

[ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: