Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Bangkok or the FKKs for a 50s Man
Posted: 2008-02-23, 4:42 pm

petertaylor69
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all, I'm looking for advice about where to spend 5 days in late September/October. Never been to an FKK nor to Thailand and I want to do both before I need a wheelchair and nurse to get about. Fancy Bangkok, but concerned about visas, cultural differences. Which would you choose and why? Anyone want to recommend a schedule of must dos? Many thanks. Peter
Re: Bangkok or the FKKs for a 50s Man
Posted: 2008-02-23, 5:55 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Depending on where you're from, you probably don't need a visa for Thailand.

Pattaya is the main sex capital rather than Bangkok. Though Bangkok has enough to keep you busy.

There are no great cultural things to learn. But never say anything bad about the king, no matter the situation.

Thailand is much poorer and more backward than Germany, but you are generally pretty safe.

Posted: 2008-02-23, 6:34 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pattaya is the place to go.
Posted: 2008-02-23, 7:02 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
You'll probably leave Thailand wanting to retire there... Germany won't have that effect.

Posted: 2008-02-28, 2:52 pm

Woody123
Hopefully the wheelchairs a long way off.... I'm in my 50's and Thailand's the place for me, no one worries about your age there..it's just business..in fact I would bet there are more guys in Bangkok over 50 than under it.

Plenty of stuff to do through the day, even more on a night. I'm hopefully in Bangkok end April, never done the Pattaya bit but this time I'm gonna make sure I get a couple of days there, supposed to be cheaper but also hear that there is a lot younger crowd there than Bangkok.

Whichever you do...just enjoy it,
Posted: 2008-02-29, 3:27 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I haven't been to both, so maybe I shouldn't say...but...if it's sex tourism you are looking for and you have a thing for asian women Thailand may be the right choice. I have a preference for European women and variety so for me FKK's are the better choice. Also (and all the Thai-fans always shoot this down) but I get the feeling various forms of abuse including that of children is much more likely in Thailand. But again, that's based on second hand info and impressions. Finally, I think the government in Thailand leaves much to be desired...so I'm not so keen on my tourism dollars propping up that mess.
Posted: 2008-02-29, 11:02 am

petertaylor69
Many thanks all. Some good points made.
Last minute have some great deals on hotels in Bangkok, but none of them mentioned on here. Is that because they are away from the action? The Grand President /Shanghai Inn/Silom City/Radisson/City Lodge. Anyone stayed at any of them?
3 airlines fly from London - BA, Qatas and Thai. Which is best?
Many thanks
Peter
Posted: 2008-02-29, 10:29 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Forget hotels that come with packages.
Get onto agoda.com or thaihoteldiscounts.com. My favourite hotels are the 2 Majestics - Suites and Grande. They're near Nana Plaza and are perfect for sex holidays. Never stayed near Soi Cowboy. Generally avoid Patpong too (Silom area).

As for airlines, EVA is my favourite. Their premium economy is better than any other sub business class and is affordable.

I book all mine online. Much cheaper and I don't get stuck with families.

Posted: 2008-02-29, 10:31 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
I think it's overstated about child abuse in Thailand. I'm sure it happens, but it's not visible and the adult sex scene dwarfs it and is enough for anyone.

Posted: 2008-02-29, 10:45 pm

ExcessSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Peter Taylor, as you are a monger just getting into his stride, age wise, you might find that Bernd's near Cologne may just fit you to a tee and worth a run over at much less expense to try out that a major trek to Thailand or as a warm-up.

Check the boards for a description of 'near-heaven".

Enjoy and of course the best advice is to do both the Fkk's and Thailand.

Go on you know that you want to. ;-))
Posted: 2008-03-01, 3:19 pm

Woody123
try Eva air, cheap great service etc, last time I went to BKK I travelled business class for the same as what KLM were going to charge me for cattle class.
Posted: 2008-03-03, 11:04 am

petertaylor69
Guys,

Many thanks. Looks like it's the Majestic via EVA Air on 7th October. I'll write a report. Off to Prague next week and hope to get an evening's entertainment in - it's mostly business, but there should be some play. Last time, I thought it had deteriorated, but that might be because Ireland got beaten in the football and I was not in the best of moods. Think that I'll give Goldfingers a miss as, despite the beauty of the girls, it must be even more outrageous price wise given the rise of the Czech crown. Personally, I preferred Atlas to Darlings as the girls there were more accommodating in the room. Darlings had the better looking, but I like them to at least pretend an interest in something other than the wallet. A friend raved about the Neon, which I've not seen. Don't know if it is new. Anyone with recommendations or interested in feedback, let me know.

Thanks again, guys.

Peter
Posted: 2008-03-03, 11:11 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Don't forget Pattaya or even Phuket.. Bangkok is good, but it's not the most relaxing place..

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: