Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel recommendation for a first timer traveling to Pattaya
Posted: 2008-04-16, 5:53 pm

busterbrown73
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
With my plane ticket in hand and my suitcase packed with enough contraception to wrap up the leaning tower of Pisa, I leave the southwest region of the US for the first time in the direction of Pattaya. Now, I've done my homework (as much as one can do for a first time visit)....but I still haven't drawn any conclusions as to which Soi (and which hotel) would be ideal for me focus on. 3 questions I have are:

1. For the interest of LT, can anyone recommend the best area to stay around for quality bar girls and beer bars?

2. Based on the answer for the first question, can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the 900-1500Baht/day range that's girl friendly, conveniently located and won't look like a roach motel on the inside?

3. Finally, I hear that many farang have pretty good luck with freelancers. (Eliminating the bar fine can be good). WIth that said, where (which roads) in Pattaya can guarantee you a good freelancer for the night (LT)? And are they worth it (the risk that is)?

Thanks and look forward to posting a newbie report when I return.

Buster

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less"
Re: Hotel recommendation for a first timer traveling to Patt
Posted: 2008-04-17, 11:26 am

paniked Power Kat
another thread on the same topic here:

http://www.ignatzmice.com/WWWBoard/PHPB ... highlight=

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-18, 5:20 pm

Mr.Plug
Hey Buster,

There are a gazillion hotels in Pattaya, and knowing where one prefers to stay is ultimately a process of trial and error. I've stayed in South Pattaya, North Pattaya, and Central Pattaya, and they all have their plusses and minuses.

Remember that getting around via baht bus is really easy, so where you stay is not really that important in terms of proximity to beer bars, go go's , etc. In fact, you might find that its better NOT to take a girl from a bar next door to your hotel, as you will then be needing to avoid her if you want to persue more variety in the future.

I stayed at this hotel on soi 13 last year: http://whitehousecondotel.com/index.htm . It's fairly new, centrally located, and was (at the time) very clean, quiet, and comfortable. You can get a standard room for 1250 baht after May 1, or in low season. There are a couple beer bars right across the street for easy access, if you want to go that route. This is just one reccomendation - there are tons of choices.

Re: freelancers in Pattaya - Instead of that, how about just shopping in beer bars? There are tons of girls, bar fines are only 200-300 baht, and most of the girls won't expect more than 1000 baht short time, or maybe a little more for all night.

Have a good time!

-- Mr. Plug
Posted: 2008-04-19, 12:45 am

busterbrown73
Mr. Plug, Thanks for the recommendation. The WHitehouse Condotel seems like a good central base camp. Well, the choices i have so far are:

1. Whitehouse Condotel: http://whitehousecondotel.com/index.htm
2. Pattaya Bay Resort: www.pattayabayresort.com
3. Secrets Hotel: http://www.secretspattaya.com/
4. Dynasty Inn Pattaya: http://www.dynastyinn.com/
5. Belle Vista Pattaya: http://www.asiahotels.com/hotelinfo/Bel ... Facilities
6. Galaxy suites: http://www.galaxysuitespattaya.com/
7. Flipper house: http://www.flippergroup.com/flipper_house/rooms.html

Now I have to make a decision. The Galaxy has 3person jacuzzi suites which can be nice especially when I have more than 1 guest. Decisions, decision, decisions...

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less"
Posted: 2008-04-19, 11:36 am

Don Corleone
Almost all the women you see are available for a price. I stayed @ a 5***** hotel & was blown away with the 2 hot model looking ladies working @ the front desk. I did an all night fuck fest with the really fine one & a half day with the other. I also banged this hot lady who gave me a real foot massage. She also cuts hair, but I wanted her & off to my room for 7 hours. I gave thes hotties an offer they could not refuse!
Posted: 2008-04-19, 10:38 pm

tw25rw Power Kat
Check out the Residence Garden.

And stear clear of the Mercure.

Posted: 2008-04-23, 8:32 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
sunshine hotel

www.hotels2thailand.com/pattaya-hotels/ ... -hotel.asp

get it for 700 baht a night in low season, great value.
Posted: 2008-04-29, 6:18 pm

Thaipan
Hi Stuarty, as a fellow Glasweigan - how noisy is the Sunshile if it is in the middle of Soi 8? I know the bars close at 3am but Soi 8 will come to life early in the morning (presumably) to clear up from the night before?

Posted: 2008-04-29, 11:14 pm

stuarty1873Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If your there in low season just ask for a room on a high floor no pompem. I'll not lie to you mate it can be noisy up to 3am im a good sleeper so it doesnt bother me. Never noticed much noise in the mornings to be honest. I do most my drinking/mongering round soi6,7 and 8 dont bother with walking street very much so the sunshine suits me fine, in saying that your only 5 mins and 10 baht in a baht bus to walking street or soi2 in the other direction. £10 a night cant grumble.
Posted: 2008-05-08, 6:27 pm

Thaipan
Hi Stuarty, thanks for the info on the Sunshine. I unfortunately am a light sleeper so it is probably not for me but you certainly can't beat the location!

Have you tried Jimmy Mac's in Soi 6 for brunch? Full English with REAL bacon and REAL sausage, eggs, tomato, beans (if I remember correctly) and toast, with a glass of good fruit juice and a mug of tea or coffee for 100 baht! Fair sets you up for the day :-)

Sit at a table in the entrance and watch the ST girls across the road getting ready for work and join in the banter with them, great fun, then a leisurely stroll across the road for a personal interview with your teerak of choice :-) You really can't beat it!!!!

Posted: 2008-05-09, 11:02 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If you plan to spend most of your time on Soi's 7&8, have a look at the Eurotel Apartments. They are just across the 2nd road from Soi 7 - certainly within staggering distance of the action, but still quiet enough if you need some sleep after the nights 'activities'.

IMHO a little overpriced at 750 baht for low-season, but as the saying goes 'location, location, location'......

http://eurotel-apartment.com

bb69

Posted: 2008-05-12, 12:03 pm

Thaipan
Thanks Billybob, looks like a typical Pattaya hotel right down to the clear plastic on the head board!!!! :-)

But you are spot on about the location!!! Just a short stroll / stagger!!!

Posted: 2008-05-31, 11:18 am

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
With my plane ticket in hand and my suitcase packed with enough contraception to wrap up the leaning tower of Pisa, I leave the southwest region of the US for the first time in the direction of Pattaya.

Hey Buster,

Did you manage to hit Pattaya after? I'd love to read your trip report if you did!

bb69

[ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: