Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 59 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Bangkok in may
Posted: 2015-04-07, 12:02 am

rugbywill78
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Going to BKK next month to visit friends . I be there for 3nights then Phuket for 7 nights and then back at bkk for 4 nights . I'm close enough to cow boy for the last 4 nights is it worth going to these days ?
Re: Bangkok in may
Posted: 2015-04-14, 11:25 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
rugbywill78 wrote:
Going to BKK next month to visit friends . I be there for 3nights then Phuket for 7 nights and then back at bkk for 4 nights . I'm close enough to cow boy for the last 4 nights is it worth going to these days ?

If your staying close to Soi Cowboy, I wouldn't bother popping down, I'd spend the nights in BKK going to bed early with a good book. Personally I've never been a big fan of Soi Cowboy, but if your close by why would you even question whether it is worth visiting it at all? Just do it!

Posted: 2015-04-15, 9:31 pm

rugbywill78
Billiy bob is Nana better than cowboy ? Just want to expenice cowboy really .
Will
Posted: 2015-04-15, 9:53 pm

essexlad Power Kat
I never been to Bangkok but friends and thailand forum sites I keep upto date about things.

both places are good if you know what you doing in thailand.

My tip if you can't be hassle going to the bars or getting lost is to use thai friendly date site save a few numbers on your phone and use whatsapp or line as its very popular. I expect they will start off from a high price but easy can haggle it down that suits your needs

I'm going back next yeah and pretty much already decide who I want to go with and keep up to date with the bar staff too so hopefully they don't retire by the time I get there .

anyways mate im very jealous and best of luck to you .
Posted: 2015-04-16, 5:20 pm

rugbywill78
Thanks Essex lad .any websites would you recommend for Bangkok.
Posted: 2015-04-16, 6:13 pm

essexlad Power Kat
rugbywill78 wrote:
Thanks Essex lad .any websites would you recommend for Bangkok.

I'm not a member of this one but memeber of its pattaya site

www.bangkok-addicts.com/

list of bar maps and that on there .
Posted: 2015-04-19, 10:07 pm

midsmike
Rugbywill why not go to Pattaya for 3 days instead of Bangkok initially, is a lot cheaper and much more fun. Can catch a bus or arrange a taxi from the airport for 1000 baht, I always use PT Taxi service never let me down. Have just returned yesterday and I can assure you in Pattaya there are thousands of available women and you do not need to arrange any girls via a dating site. Hundreds of bars you can not fail to have fun. Soi Cowboy is one street near Asoke skytrain, I only went in Country Bar on Soi Cowboy to watch the band and have a drink as I had someone with me so I can not comment about the girls. PM me if you need anymore information.
Posted: 2015-04-24, 12:27 am

rugbywill78
Hi mike I'm not interested in going to patts .not really my cup of tea really . but thanks anyway
Will
Posted: 2015-04-24, 4:22 pm

Supporting Member
rugbywill78 wrote:
Will

Sorry, I was a bit harsh in my previous reply.

I prefered Nana - and surrounding area - to Cowboy. I found Cowbody too noisy and loud for my liking and or course it is really just one street. Nana Entertainment Plaza (NEP) also has it noisy and brash bars and can be quite over bearing at times also, but I could usually find a more chilled out bar. The further you go from NEP the more chilled it gets. My favourite bar was the Bier Garden.
Although having said all that, if you don't think that Pattaya is for you, I doubt that NEP would be either.

BTW: Pattaya isn't just about Walking Street. There are loads of different areas and bars within the city. I've managed to find some 'oasis of peace' there.

bb69

Posted: 2015-04-25, 1:13 am

rugbywill78
billybob69 wrote:
rugbywill78 wrote:
Will

Sorry, I was a bit harsh in my previous reply.

I prefered Nana - and surrounding area - to Cowboy. I found Cowbody too noisy and loud for my liking and or course it is really just one street. Nana Entertainment Plaza (NEP) also has it noisy and brash bars and can be quite over bearing at times also, but I could usually find a more chilled out bar. The further you go from NEP the more chilled it gets. My favourite bar was the Bier Garden.
Although having said all that, if you don't think that Pattaya is for you, I doubt that NEP would be either.

BTW: Pattaya isn't just about Walking Street. There are loads of different areas and bars within the city. I've managed to find some 'oasis of peace' there.

bb69

Thanks for the info . I be had crazy nights in Thailand (not sexual) but just want to look .maybe I vist Nana as well . who knows .
Posted: 2015-04-30, 3:07 pm

rugbywill78
So where a good bar in soi cowboy ?
Posted: 2015-07-09, 12:15 am

Matty
Hi all

Which Bars do i need to avoid where most of the ladyboys are. Ladyboys are not my thing in the slightest, girls all the way. Me and a mate are off to Pattaya april 2016 and i've read and know it can be difficult to distinguish what's what. So which areas should we stick to for girls only.

Regards Matt

Posted: 2015-07-09, 11:58 am

Supporting Member
Matty wrote:
Hi all

Which Bars do i need to avoid where most of the ladyboys are. Ladyboys are not my thing in the slightest, girls all the way. Me and a mate are off to Pattaya april 2016 and i've read and know it can be difficult to distinguish what's what. So which areas should we stick to for girls only.

Regards Matt

Once you have been in Patts for a few days, you will be able to spot the LB's a mile off.

Thai girls are quite short and very fine boned, therefore I used to apply the rule that if I was chatting to someone that was over 5ft 6" there was a possibility that they were a LB, so proceeded with caution. Thai women are also very meek, so if I saw a girl that was quite extrovert, again that used to set off the alarm bells. Some LB's walk with a model type swagger which genetic girls dont.

In Pattaya there are a number of bars with just LB's, if you go on Pattaya Addicts you will be able to find out where they are and avoid them. But I think that you will spot that that there are LB's there well before you go in.

I would say that that in the bars on Soi 6 there is the greatest risk of LB's working alongside regular girls. If your still not sure, ask the Mamasan, the last thing that they want is customers kicking off about a case of mistaken identity!

Enjoy Pattaya, your life will never be quite the same after!

bb69

Posted: 2015-07-10, 8:33 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Matty wrote:
Hi all

Regards Matt

Would pretty much agree with billybobs advice and join Pattaya addicts forum site which was so much great tips and a map of all the bars. Also a member created a website for newbie advice http://www.pattayanewbie.com/index.html

I used both and was great helpful tips .

There are lot's of ladyboys in thailand and it's part of life there. There are mixed bars and pretty much after 3am there will be street girls hanging about which tend to be more ladyboys in a few areas .

Just bit of advice would just be polite smile and firm big no to them and walk off. I seen few times men would turn aggressive against a ladyboy then it all kicks off .

There more women than ladyboys there so pretty much everything a great and you're jaw be dropping as walking about there.

I see you're going In April so just a tip 13th April is Songkran and i hear it last a few days in Pattaya so be prepared for lots of water fights during the day time.

I am going to Bangkok and Pattaya in March 2016

Enjoy Pattaya as it's one of the best places in the world
Posted: 2015-07-10, 9:36 pm

rugbywill78
Hi guys ,
thanks for the info . Went in may of this year and will be going next year as well .Essexlad shame we couldn't meet up next year.

Will
Posted: 2015-07-11, 1:58 pm

essexlad Power Kat
rugbywill78 wrote:
Essexlad shame we couldn't meet up next year.

Will

Yeah by the end of the month everything should be booked up . Just thinking to book at Majestic grande hotel as the rooms are bigger and little bit more peace there or to save an extra €100 going to Majestic suite hotel.

I've got in mind like 3 nights in Bangkok then 21 nights in Pattaya but I have got a 2:40am flight back home so thinking cutting a night short in Pattaya and spend an extra night in Bangkok as more nearer to the airport .

Just those little things just need to iron out what best for me
Posted: 2015-07-11, 9:59 pm

Matty
Shout to Essexlad and Billybob for your replies. Yeah cheers for the heads up on a few things. The ladyboy thing just isnt my bag and heard about them getting funny towards people just for turning them down, sounds like they take it to heart when they get rejected. Would love to avoid them all together but i know that ain't going to happen! I am a member of Pattaya Newbie and Addicts but havn't really been on there much. 10 months until a mate and i go there, so i got plenty of time to do some homework. Any of you guys recommend some of the Beers Bars and Go Go joints. I am staying in the Walking Street Guest House and found out that Sweethearts is directly underneath. Be rude not too!!

Posted: 2015-07-12, 10:42 pm

essexlad Power Kat
Matty wrote:
Shout to Essexlad and Billybob for your replies. Yeah cheers for the heads up on a few things. The ladyboy thing just isnt my bag and heard about them getting funny towards people just for turning them down, sounds like they take it to heart when they get rejected. Would love to avoid them all together but i know that ain't going to happen! I am a member of Pattaya Newbie and Addicts but havn't really been on there much. 10 months until a mate and i go there, so i got plenty of time to do some homework. Any of you guys recommend some of the Beers Bars and Go Go joints. I am staying in the Walking Street Guest House and found out that Sweethearts is directly underneath. Be rude not too!!

It would be impossible to avoid ladyboys there. But really don't worry about them at all as they not as bad as you think. The things with news is that they will always make out the ladyboys are bad there but there are nice friendly ones who would understand the word no and move on just be polite smile and say no thanks its not your thing.

The women are bad at rejection too and like every bar just a smile and a tip/ladydrink would send them off happy . I had a small young lady holding onto my arm trying to drag me into her bar but after a min I just laugh with her and said sorry no power tonight .

If it's you and your mate walking down the sois more less chance being man handle into bars .

Soi 6 is great there are way more women than ladyboys there and it's pretty much intense trying walking down as everyone be trying to get you into their bars . Just one tip is don't walk down soi 6/1 as its leads into the back of some ladyboy bars and it's known for men going into those bars without being seen in public normally one or two will be at the door and they will think you're looking for it so best just don't go down there .

Ah Walking street some good expensive go go I always fancy that airhostess place forgot the name but they all wear uniform of air host normally seems well busy in there . I would keep in date with PA forum sites as they normally have updates on staff there .
If you being lazy and wanna have 3-4somes then check out devilden website as it's on my list to do next time I'm there .

I know the feeling I got 8 months to wait and Pattaya is disneyland for adults there
Posted: 2015-07-14, 5:36 pm

Supporting Member
Yeah, avoid the Freelancers that hang about on Walking Road and to a certain degree on Beach Road. Again if they are 'pushy' it is more likely that they are a LB.
Also agree, definitely avoid Soi 6/1 (the alley next to Soi 6). Especially at night.

The things that I recommend you do whilst your there are (in no particular order) -
An afternoon drinking session on Soi 6
Going to a 'soapy' massage in a place like Sabailand
Going on a bar crawl - starting on Soi's 7, 8 & 9 and work your way down to Walking Street
Going to a BJ bar such as Lolitas on Soi Metro
Go to Devils' Den (again on Soi Metro)
Go to a Go-Go on Walking Street
And believe it or not, I also recommend that you do have a couple of drinks in a LB bar (or at least a drink in a bar that has a LB working there)!

It is hard to explain, but you might actually 'like' them if you meet one. On the whole LB's personalities are much more like a Western women. Thai women are quite unassuming, some say lacking in energy. Whilst LB's have a bit more 'oophh' about them, are more fun, maybe.

What I'm saying is that you are missing out on a chunk of the Thailand experience if you go out of your way to avoid them.

The only time that I have seen LB's 'get funny' is when guys have either been rude to them or led them on. Not 'losing face' i.e. being publicly embarrassed is a big thing for the Thai's. So as long as you treat them with respect, you'll be fine.

I've been in Pattaya during Songkran, the place turns into a huge waterfight for a couple of days especially on Soi 7,8 & 9. Either you will be heaven or hell, if your there then!

bb69

Posted: 2015-07-17, 9:57 pm

Matty
Thanks again Billybob and Essexlad for the advice. I will defo be looking into doing all of those 5 recommendations. The soapy massages sound fucking awesome, i think they end up with a hand job or maybe more! I could be wrong!! Only one way to find out :)

[ 59 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: