Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Foreign Brides?
Posted: 2016-12-29, 6:15 pm

solo traveler
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As far as I know, some North American and Western European men have foreign brides from Eastern Europe.

I am not planning to marry one, but just curious about the final outcome.

Does anyone know any stories or information regarding foreign brides?

Is it a practical way to gain happiness? Or it is just another form of pay for sex?
Re: Foreign Brides?
Posted: 2016-12-29, 7:03 pm

rglass
As an attorney in USA who manages a family law practice, I can tell you that these marriages tend to end very poorly. But YMMV.
Posted: 2017-01-02, 1:13 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
There's loads of documentaries been done regarding overseas brides. There is even a TV series in the US (probably running into it's third season now) called "90 day fiance". I've read plenty of threads on the subject on different forums ranging from P2P to ex-pat forums. The outcomes range from guys being left broke (financially, physically and mentally) to being happily married with kids. Although it seems that more often than not, they end unhappily. From what I can tell, those that married a Filipino seemed to have a better success rate than those that married women from other nationalities.

Posted: 2021-03-09, 5:23 am

Hotsauced
Ive known a few eastern european woman who married western men... As rglass said, it's horrible. Ive also known a few men who married Asian woman; I married an asian women! Sometimes I wonder if she did it for the opportunity, but I'm no spring chicken and I'll just ride the wave! But I wouldn't with eastern european drama queen!
Posted: 2021-04-05, 6:42 pm

fastone
I know two guys who have married Russian women. The first one ended up in marital bliss to this day, the second crashed and burned in a spectacular all consuming fire ball. Personally I see no benefit in remarrying, just more risk than reward. Why buy when you can rent at a lower price and get better service? Best thing if it starting causing you problems, you trade it in on a new model with no buy out and an even lower rental price. Win, win.
Posted: 2022-07-23, 12:21 pm

Mojito
Hmmm...from what I can see of my friends and colleagues who have foreign brides, it is very hit and miss. I would say, around a third of them work out really well. A third is a continual compromise, and a final third which are absolute disasters...
Posted: 2022-07-23, 11:43 pm

dorps
Mojito wrote:
Hmmm...from what I can see of my friends and colleagues who have foreign brides, it is very hit and miss. I would say, around a third of them work out really well. A third is a continual compromise, and a final third which are absolute disasters...

From my observations here in the UK, I tend to agree with these rough outcomes.

Quote:
Ive known a few eastern european woman who married western men... As rglass said, it's horrible. Ive also known a few men who married Asian woman; I married an asian women! Sometimes I wonder if she did it for the opportunity, but I'm no spring chicken and I'll just ride the wave! But I wouldn't with eastern european drama queen!

The above quote sums up nicely what i've seen in the UK. Most marriages with asian (e.g. Chinese, Filipino) partners tend to last, whilst those with Eastern European partners don't tend to last. All of the women do it to better their lives ("opportunity" as you put it). As i say, these are just my observations.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: