Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Germany to Buoy Greece? Not buy grease:-) Euro Shift?
Posted: 2010-02-11, 9:46 pm

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/world ... ?th&emc=th

Not that I wish hard times on Germany, Greece, Spain, or Italy but it would be a nice change to see parity in the USD sometime in my remaining years.

Posted: 2010-02-11, 11:11 pm

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
You are better off inventing time travel machine to see parity again. The way that the US government is spending money that it does not have would mean America will be the next Greece in your remaining years.
Re: Germany to Buoy Greece? Not buy grease:-) Euro Shift?
Posted: 2010-02-12, 5:25 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Fred.
I think the dollar is going to get pummelled.

Spending like there is no tomorrow...
Weasel

Posted: 2010-02-12, 5:17 pm

420 Power Kat
No disagreement,,just a dream,,,like when I woke up at the Krasnapolsky years ago with two girls on my birthday,,paying in Guilders:-)

Posted: 2010-02-12, 7:34 pm

fredSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Oh, the good old guilders...

I remembered exchanging some guilders into euros a year after the introduction of the euros, the two agents behind the counter at Schiphol Airport literally screamed with tears of joy, "GUILDERS!!!"
Posted: 2010-02-12, 7:42 pm

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Ahhh, the days of the Guilder. Brings back fond memories...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Euro-curr ... 5.html?x=0

Yikes!

HW
Posted: 2010-02-13, 5:53 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I miss Guilders, too.
I had a special place in my heart for the 50!
"Happy Coupons"

Posted: 2010-02-18, 6:57 am

book_guy Power Kat
I'm surprised (and a bit disappointed) that the crashing economy has, thus far, only shown me detriment. Yet I'm (mostly) a buyer and a borrower, currently, not a seller, since I'm a student in the USA and therefore (a) get all my income from student loans and the odd Christmas gift, and (b) use any disposible income to buy nothing but consumables and entertainment. Weirdness, that the deteriorating economy SHOULD have made things better for the buyer and the borrower, and worse for the seller and the lender. But for me so far it hasn't.

I would have liked to have seen, for instance, more young women getting desperate because money was tight, and therefore entering into (or returning to) prostitution. I would also have liked to have seen prices drop a bit, as women competed for fewer customers (since, obviously, if fewer men are employed, then fewer men should have adequate disposible income to spend on prostitution).

But I really haven't seen any of that. Instead, I've seen mongering prices rest at a stable point, much to my disappointment. Nearly all sex-related industries that I have access to, haven't demonstrated to me a true supply-demand type of response to this deteriorating economy.

Except in terms of the Euro. With the Greek crash and the Germans having to bail them out, just these last few weeks, I've seen that the US dollar has climbed against the Euro, a change that runs to my benefit. Yet, because it's an international exchange rate, both sides of which would be represented on both sides of any buy-sell duad, the change isn't necessarily a change that runs to the benefit of all buyers or borrowers (or males). Instead, it's only good for people who hold US dollars and buy stuff with Euros. Though I'm not complaining, since that's me, I''m surprised that the change STILL doesn't seem to be one that I was expecting (or, at least, hoping for): mongering prices going down.

When will we see lower fuck-n-suck costs in De Wallen? I'm pining for the good ol' 40-Guilder days of the 1980s. Frankly, a guy ought to be able to afford three fucks a week if he lives at home and works as a super market bag stuffer, and more if his income is greater, as long as he watches his expenses ... but that's just not the case.

Yet. :)
Posted: 2010-02-19, 12:45 pm

tinovino
It's been a long time since I was in Amsterdam and the last time it was in the days of the Guilder. The Brits had it so good for so long...back in the early 90s we had an exchange rate of 3.30 Guilders to the £Pound and when a *uck and suck cost 50 Guilders that was a very favourable £15.15. You could have a fantastic time with those rates in the Wallen and boy we did!

The Euro is having a tough time but what do you expect when you accomodate and prop up countries such as Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Latvia, etc? How does the saying go, as a herd you are only as fast as the slowest in the herd or you are only as strong as the weakest link? The Euro will continue to drag its feet if it has to continue carrying such countries.

I guess the answer is that we all need to elavate ourselves into a bracket of higher earnings and these prices won't affect us so much. If you are in a position where you are earning 10k euro per month then I am sure 1k euro spent int he Wallen over the weekend won't affect you so much...
Posted: 2010-03-01, 12:14 am

book_guy Power Kat
My suggestion is, not so much that we all need to ELEVATE our earnings relative to the overall economy (in other words, "become more successful" ... gee thanks for the hint). Rather, I'd suggest, we all need to reduce other expenditures. Stop maintaining a car, for example, and live very close to your workplace. This will get you about fifty more fucks a year, if you can eliminate gasoline and insurance and all that crap. Then, stop dry-cleaning as often, and stop wearing "professional" clothing except on special occasions. There's another ten fucks a year in De Wallen. Wow! You're already up by more than one girl a week! :)
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: