Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Clothes to bed
Posted: 2011-01-19, 12:17 am

bitman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I usually sleep in my shorts or underwear or if I am alone, in the buff :)...now just focus on what I am about to discuss here and try not to imagine me in nude in the bed! ;-) ;-D...lol..

I was in a conversation with a female friend and somehow the discussion turned from general clothes to bed wear. She made an expression like "it was so cold that I had to wear some clothes to bed!!! it was quite an experience!". Now, that got me wondering if it is a normal practice to sleep naked! in Europe & US..?

I know this topic sounds wiered but that is why I just want to know...Back at my place, people usually wear a t-shirt with shorts or pyjamas shirt+pant kind of a thing while retiring for the night.

But what is the usual practice here?

Posted: 2011-01-19, 12:33 am

rheingau Power Kat
I have to ask you how you know what others wear when they're alone!?

I'll just say I do have 2 sets of pyjamas, and both were bought for me by a good friend as I lay in a hospital bed with those hospital green 'tunics' that are supposed to fit all sizes from Rheingau through Greenhoff to Jgramos. I pack them if I'm travelling along with the light dressing gown, but only if I'm invited by friends to stay with them - can help to make the bathroom visits less emotionally arduous.
Re: Clothes to bed
Posted: 2011-01-19, 12:52 am

bitman
rheingau, where I come from, people are not alone...meaning, most people don't have private bed rooms & all...it is usually shared with siblings, room mates or relatives and they don't knock the room door (which would be open anyways - they don't lock the bed room door unless it a newly married couple staying there ;-)) before entering.
So that is how I know what they wear while going to sleep... :)

Posted: 2011-01-19, 4:46 pm

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
totally bollock naked, thats me in bed !!

Rheingau, i hope you are not thinking id share a green hospitlal gown with jgramos ? LOL LOL LOL

just the thought, ye God"s
regards

Posted: 2011-01-19, 5:20 pm

koalacift
Bitman, sounds you are from Turkey. It is same in my country. But sometimes people tries to change these kind of behaviors.

I have two or three sets of pyjamas. Lots of tshirt and some shorts. Winter days i wear them. And my wife wears too.
In summer days, we prefer to sleep naked or just with a short or so. My wife loves to wear tiny shorts or g strings in summer nights.
I love summer nights by the way :o)

I know that some of my friends live in germany and swiss, sleep naked. And again some of them sleep with pyjamas (from sweden) I think the main actor is climate. I dont know exactly.
Posted: 2011-01-20, 2:29 am

jgramos Moderator
Same here Greenhoff, totally starkers.....even as i type this post!!! Ha ha!!

Peace

Posted: 2011-01-20, 3:04 am

rheingau Power Kat
Now I understand, but is there a need to know the fine detail? Has this anything to do with Amsterdam at all? I somehow don't think so.
Posted: 2011-01-20, 5:07 am

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
it depends...

If I am staying at home alone or if I have a female companion around then it's generally in the buff. Or maybe just my underwear.

If I am staying in a hotel then I always have on at least my underwear. Don't want to wake up to a firealarm in a strange room and not be able to find something to put on ... at home I could find it in the dark in a panic. ;-)

If I am staying at family, friends, etc ... then I make sure to at least have on a pair of bottoms. Often hospital scrub bottoms because I have found them to be very comfortable.

The only difference is in the winter. I like to keep the house very cool at night so I do tend to sleep with sock on. Even if I have nothing else to where.

Posted: 2011-01-20, 9:52 am

bitman
Thanks for the response guys. Looks like the preference is towards "in the buff" when alone :) lol
This would have surprised me five years back..but now that I also do it at times, I can kind of understand...I guess there is no particular common logic or reason behind this...just people's habits.

and yeah koalacift, by reading this one might get a feeling that I am Turkish...but no, my country is a bit far-away from there actually! :)

rheingau, the only link I saw was that the said conversation happened in A'dam & my friend happens to be native of A'dam. That and also, imo, life, culture & people's habbits in & around Amsterdam can be fairly representative of those of the west, at large.
btw, I know that this can be a weired topic to some folks, I already mentioned that in my post...so if you have something in your mind, say it :)

Posted: 2011-01-20, 9:26 pm

ebony69
I've been sleeping in the buff for twenty years. I think it's somehow
more healthy for you. It lets your body regulate better, IMHO.
Some people here use electric blankets when it gets cold. Think
about that for a minute. You have electricity cables running
literally on top of you while you sleep. What happens if you
pee the bed or have a nocturnal emission? Oooooppppps.
I prefer my house cooler at night, it just helps me sleep better.
And in the summer months, I usually have a fan blowing (on) me.
Ha ha ha ha...........
Posted: 2014-01-08, 3:40 am

amstel87
it varies. usually boxers maybe with t-shirt on. Sometimes naked especially if i had shower just before bedtime.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: