Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
An Apology from the USA
Posted: 2017-08-18, 4:52 am

420 Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am sorry we have to expose the rest of the world to Donald Trump.

Peace

Attachments
alienwww.usnews.com.jpeg
alienwww.usnews.com.jpeg [ 48.43 KiB ]

Posted: 2017-08-18, 1:57 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
No need to apologize xD I for one am very happy he won the election and is in charge. The alternative would have been a disaster. I assume you are saying this now becasue of the events in Charlottesville... what Trump said is 100% correct. He said nothing wrong. It's defnitely not fashionable in Europe to be a Trump fan but I am happy to say I'm glad he's in office. Wish there was someone like him over here maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.
Re: An Apology from the USA
Posted: 2017-08-18, 6:50 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
AlCaponedLondoner wrote:
No need to apologize xD I for one am very happy he won the election and is in charge. The alternative would have been a disaster.

Exactly.

AlCaponedLondoner wrote:
Wish there was someone like him over here maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

Indeed. Thank you.

AlCaponedLondoner wrote:
It's defnitely not fashionable in Europe to be a Trump fan

I have to say it was "interesting" being one of the only Americans in the building at a Dutch company the day after the election. I refused to join their circlejerk and they got tired of trolling me after about a week.

Posted: 2017-08-19, 2:51 am

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
Wish there was someone like him over here

Just out of curiosity, what would you like "someone like him" to do over here?

What do supporters from the USA actually want him to do?

I know people voted to "bring back jobs" e.t.c but it always seemed strange to me that someone from the business elite could present himself as an outsider, challenging the system, fighting for the little guy.

Posted: 2017-08-19, 10:12 am

BrianG
In the USA, anyone can join the business elite. Trump is one of us.

You have your own outsiders fighting the global elite, internationalists and leftists; they just don't get the press coverage our President gets.

Best wishes!
Posted: 2017-08-19, 4:59 pm

Aldebran LinkbatSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
In the USA, anyone can join the business elite

Of course. I think Trump's own rags to riches story, from son of a wealthy property developer, to wealthy property developer, shows that only too well.

Posted: 2017-08-20, 1:17 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'd like to apologise for Lyndon Johnson, and his Great Society program. The most expensive and one of the least effective government programs in the history of organized societies. The costs of these programs, managed by beaurocrats that are primarily concered with career longevity and political power, remain to be fully understood, even 50 years later. Nearly 100 million Americans are not in the workforce, supported by the taxes of those 150 million wealthy, greedy, pigs that continue to work.

I would also like to apologise to the American voter. You can elect your politicians, but you can't elect your financiers. At 20 Trillion dollars of federal debt (only a paltry 10 Trillion dollars at the dawn of the Obama Presidency), you will be getting to know your financiers a lot better in the coming years. If interest rates return to their typical 4% range, payments on this debt will DOUBLE from current levels, and be the 4th largest item in the federal budget. That is the INTEREST PAYMENTS ALONE, with no funds set aside to actually pay down the debt.

I'd like to apologise to the American Worker, whose median $50,000 salary is the same as it was 8 years ago at the dawn of the Obama Presidency. Unfortunately for working stiffs, $20,000 a year will be consumed by insurance premiums and deductibles. And you can't keep your doctor, OR your old insurance plan. And the lie about saving $2500 per family under Obamacare? Well, everyone knew that was bullshit, didn't you?

I would also like to apologise to the countries of Uganda, Kuwait, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia. You gave all that money to the Clinton Foundation. And you don't even get to visit the White House now, much less exert influence that one would expect for bribes that large.

I woud like to apologise to Russia, Iran, China, Israel, and probably Germany, France, UK, and the Netherlands. You have spy agencies. You almost surely got into Hillary's classified data. I'm sorry you had to read it. You will feel better if you wash your hands and take a long shower.

Finally, I would like to apologise to the American Media in general, and CNN in particular. Hillary in a landslide?
I believe that was the news. Such a blowout that non-Clinton voters should not even bother to show up? The biggest loser in the last election cycle was the national news establishment, which will NEVER recover from the shitty job they did. You can't be THAT wrong, and get anyone to take you seriously in the future. Hope those job searches work out, but if they don't---there has never been a better time to be unemployed in America, where you can receive free health care, a free phone, discounted utilities including cable and internet, food stamps, subsidised housing, disability payments (being too stupid to work counts as a disability. Seriously.), Aid to dependent children, unemployment insurance, Social Security, and a bonus check if you are a recovering crack, smack or Meth addict. (Sorry, that was mean. You don't have to be an addict. You just have to fill out the form SAYING you are an addict to get on the program)
God Bless America!

And I'm not even much of a Trump fan. Crude, Vulgar, Unpresidential. But at least it isn't Hillary.

Weasel

Posted: 2017-08-21, 7:49 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Can we please please please please please please please not do this?

If I see another stupid and/or delusional post I won't be able to contain myself.

Others may well feel the same. It will be ugly, painful, and time consuming, and certainly harmful to the board, but absolutely necessary because there's already so much demanding a response.

Sad to say this board has remained so civil (as I mentioned the other day...) I fear because politics is mostly not spoken about.

The politics of prostitution, well yeah maybe. European politics, less so. American politics, just please no.

Posted: 2017-08-23, 7:55 am

420 Power Kat
That's why this thread is in Miscellaneous> General Discussion/Off-Topic. If you don't like these comments stick to the other Sections.

Geeze Neurosynth,, chill

Posted: 2017-08-24, 9:51 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
All I'm saying is that there's a bunch of us biting our tongues, and if you really want to get in a posting war over this, we will respond in kind. And it will be harmful to the reason this board exists.

I am pro-chill, but it's got to be on all sides.

Posted: 2017-08-26, 3:17 pm

bendover1004
This board should be treated like the Squadron bar, no religion and politics. I cannot take a politician serious who has the same name as a fart.
Posted: 2017-08-26, 6:24 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
"We can and must write in a language that sows among the masses hate, revulsion and scorn towards those that disagree with us." Vladimir Lenin

or

"Ministry of Truth" George Orwell, 1984

I cringe when I hear competent people call for silence, lest discussion become unpleasant. When discussion is supressed, that is when the really bad shit starts to happen. Discussion can get messy, and can even be used as a weapon, as the two gentlemen above so elegantly point out, but discussion is still better than the alternative.

I cringe extra-hard when calls for silence happen on this site. There are some fascinating, imaginative, and twisted minds here. I've learned more about Dutch society and politics from people here than I have from my Dutch relatives.
Footy.
Sex Toys.
Speeding tickets.
Rashes.
Wilders.
Bed bugs.
Van Gogh.
The very nature of the site encourages people to lay out embarassing, painful, socially unacceptable experiences in all their glory. I would personally like to hear what other strange thoughts are rattling around in the minds of people that relax and refresh in Amsterdam. I know that I am not the only one here that is too curious for his own good.

So, if you have a burning question, ask it.
If you think you have the answer for a burning question, reply.
If the reply is a little snarky, well...that is fine. Try not to be too snarky, or the interesting questions will dry up.
Be prepared to discuss.

I am truly, madly, deeply interested in what people are thinking, even if your thinking is deranged.
I will even try to help, enlighten and entertain.
Feel free to do the same.

Weasel

Posted: 2017-08-27, 2:37 am

Eric
Personally, I appreciate almost every thread even though reading some make me nervous - not due to the topics or the opinions, but when egos become inflicted ... so I understand the apprehension ...

I've always perceived this board as a virtual Gentleman's Club - we with an outspoken appreciation for fun with women, sitting around with scotch and cigars cordially discussing really anything that interests us ... where else is it like this??? I find Ignatzmice fantastic!

in peace,

... Eric

p.s. my apologizes to the admirable lady members of the group, the reference to the 'Gentleman's Club' was strictly for imagery...
Posted: 2018-02-02, 7:48 am

Brunettes
I am no Trump fan, but even after one year of his election I still believe he was the lesser of the two evils. I voted for Johnson simply because he wasn't Hillary or Trump.
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 14 posts ] 

Jump to: