Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 2 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Ignatzmice is now all SSL, all the time (please report any problems here)
Posted: 2016-03-05, 7:48 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Friends,
The interwebs is a scary place. Also it's 2016. Ignatzmice is now serving all traffic over SSL, as any site that accepts user credentials should. Basically, this means that your (encrypted) traffic to/from the site (including login/password) cannot easily be viewed by a third party while in transit. It also means that you can have a high degree of certainty that you really are visiting ignatzmice and not, say, some malicious site used in a DNS hijacking attack -- when you see the lock icon in your address bar, you know that you're on the real ignatzmice and that all your traffic on the current page is encrypted. In practice, the users who will benefit most from this change are those accessing the site while travelling, sometimes over unsecured WiFi (which unfortunately still exists.)

For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security

Oh yeah... this change also means that I've now broken the site for IE6 users. It will not work properly for them. Then again, if you're still using IE6, inability to access ignatzmice is going to be the least of your problems...

Please reply to this thread if anything is broken. Pretty sure I fixed most of the problems last night but, if not, please let me know!

Fijn weekend,
Bluto

Posted: 2016-03-06, 8:40 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Sorry, but until you've switched over to a network using quantum computing technology exclusively, I can't consider this site secure.

;)

[ 2 posts ] 

Jump to: