Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 40 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Announcements Ignatz II
Posted: 2010-08-25, 11:55 pm

Wim Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Dear all,

In the past weeks , months we've been taking over the site from our one and only webmaster Axxx , he's the founder of the site , he's been Mr Ignatz for some 15 years - he'll be that forever. Still he's got other obligations and late spring he addressed me on what to do, it was not the first time we've been talking about that.

In a fast action me , Bluto and AmsterdamChris synchronised , we made the deal with Axxx.

That was the easy thing , to get things properly lined-up , it's all via e-mails , was the more complicated part.

We've found Bluto as the competent man, I knew he would be, enthousiast in every aspect to get these things done. He's been working on that hard and tough. I could have never done that. With Chris as the allround adviser, we arrived here at Ignatz II.

So Bluto is our webmaster, and we can be glad with that, I'm the man in Amsterdam - regret I hardly was on-line recently - still I'm okay here, I've met many of you guys, I've always enjoyed that very much, and I hope to continue that in future.

Wim
Re: Announcements Ignatz II
Posted: 2010-08-26, 12:05 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Greetings all,
These announcements have been a while in coming so I'm going to cram a few into this thread, rather than clutter the board with numerous sticky posts.
  • Please welcome our new moderator, jgramos
    Over the past couple months we have found ourselves doing a fair amount of message board cleanup, etc, whereas we really don't have time while needing to focus on maintaining every aspect of the site now. JG is our most prolific poster, knows a lot about Amsterdam and we believe makes a fine addition to our mod team. Thank you, JG, for all your past contributions here and the enthusiasm you bring to the work ahead!

• We are now accepting Supporting Member donations
    We have updated the Donate page with a few minor changes. Please note that all donations are now non-recurring and can be made in USD or EUR, as you wish. If you made a donation through AlertPay in past, you will want to cancel your subscription to prevent the annual re-bill as none of that money will ever make it here, this obviously being a new account. It's also been suggested in past that there be an option to donate more than $50 for those who wish to do so. This is now available. Still, any donation amount on the page entitles the benefactor to the title of "Supporting Member" here on the board.

Donations remain the lifeblood of this site and we are immensely grateful to everyone who has given in past, making it possible for the site to exist today. With your help, we hope to keep it around for many years to come.

• "The Girls" forum
    As you will have noticed, brad 07 has done some excellent work (dating back many months if not a couple years) diligently collecting and cataloguing information on the site to make it easier for you, the noble punter, to locate the right girls for you and bring home some of those cherished, lifelong memories that mark a quality Amsterdam trip. He's volunteered to maintain his girl indexes in "The Girls" and generally keep that section clean -- i.e. the formatting, not the content... ;-) -- and up to date. At some point in the future after examining feasible options, we may introduce some added functionality to provide a more query-oriented interface (while of course retaining all the info people are posting today), which many have asked for. In the meantime, his work is extremely helpful to us and we are grateful to him for his time and effort.

• For users of Chrome or Safari
    There were some issues with the message board pages not always rendering properly in these browsers (i.e. width getting blown up far past the logo up top, requiring one to scroll left/right to read longer posts). I believe I have fixed this. I'm also informed that the site works better for Blackberry users now (not that I have the abiliy to test this). If anyone notices anything amiss, please let me know via PM, providing as much detail as possible.

• Mailbox quotas increased
    Not sure anyone would have noticed, but some weeks back I increased the quota for Inbox/Sentbox/Savebox from 75 to 100 messages apiece, to provide a little extra breathing room as I found the old quota a bit too limiting for my tastes. Enjoy.

We are eternally grateful to our founder, axxxtw, for what he has created and kept alive here for 15 years. Thank you kind sir, and thank you all. Long live Ignatzmice!

Last edited by BlutoBlutarsky on 2010-08-26, 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2010-08-26, 2:52 am

AmsterdamChris Admin
Hello everyone,

While this transfer has been a long time in the making, it is great that everything is now official. I am grateful to the founder, axxxtw, for creating and maintaining such a great site over the last 15 years. Rest assured everyone, the site is in great hands and we all look forward to keeping this site the best that it can be. We always welcome any feedback that may help improve the site.
Long live ignatzmice.com!!!
Posted: 2010-08-26, 8:56 am

tonymunch Power Kat
thats excellent news guys. well done for keeping this going. you guys will do a great job!
Posted: 2010-08-26, 1:04 pm

jgramos Moderator
I'm glad the announcement has finally been made, we will have to "raise a glass" to the 3 of you and the site at the meet-up in September now everyone knows what's going on!!

Thank you for your kind words Bluto.....I was honoured that you asked me to be a Moderator, and you know I will help out as much as I can! ;-)

Peace

Posted: 2010-08-26, 4:36 pm

steveyb
exciting news, and a new era for ignatzmice!

a big thanks to mr axxxtw. 15 years is some milestone.

very good knowing the site will be continued in the hands of people who love and are passionate about our favorite city. i had been looking forward to finding out who was going to be taking over and was not dissapointed. and can now claim to fame in meeting a head honcho in bluto,even if i was in the depths of a booze and weed whitey lol.
( now i know what those three *** by bluto,s and chris,s name were about ;) )

and a big congaratulations to jg and brad07 both well deserved.

proost

steveyb

Posted: 2010-08-26, 11:08 pm

amsterman Power Kat
Congratz and thanks all round guys :-)

Hope the new reign of terror.........ummm.....i mean running of site...goes smoothly for you all :-)

Seriously though...it is very re-assuring to know the site is being kept alive by genuine people who care about the site, the people on it, and Amsterdam in all it's glory :-)

If it's now called "Ignatz II" though...are we no longer "micers" but instead "II'ers"?? :-)

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Posted: 2010-08-26, 11:30 pm

brunno69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
not so much a new era as a continuation of the same excellent era, i was concerned that the site may be being taken over by some commercial organisation (like that rubbish mirror image of the site that came out a few months ago?). cheers to all the guys involved in keeping this going

Posted: 2010-08-27, 10:42 am

retro Power Kat
That's great news your able to keep the site going, im sure you'll do a great job.

So now your all in charge if we've got any questions for you do we have to refer to you as Mr Bluto, Mr Chris and Mr Wim ;-)
Posted: 2010-08-28, 12:27 am

axxxtw Founder
I'm excited and grateful about the changes and contemplated changes I see going on here , I also feel I lucked out in finding the very best, highly motivated---Bluto, Chris, and Wim--- people to take over from me.

Be good to the old mice!

Thanks people.

Will check in soon. Next stop Beijing (OMG).

Posted: 2010-08-28, 12:30 am

axxxtw Founder
Ps: The new tag is cool. I likey :)

Posted: 2010-08-28, 2:13 pm

jgramos Moderator
Axxxtw - best of luck in Beijing!!

Peace

Posted: 2010-08-28, 5:08 pm

RAY_IRELAND
its good to know that this site is in good hands ... wishing the best of luck to our 3 new Musketeers! =))

and thanks too to AXXX for creating and maintaining this wonderful and resourceful site =))

Posted: 2010-08-31, 12:08 am

420 Power Kat
Good luck with everything Wim et. al. At least I know I won't get kicked off the board!

Posted: 2010-09-01, 5:53 pm

amsterdamfats
Good luck! I hope to make the rounds with you guys someday in Amsterdam!!!
Posted: 2010-09-02, 6:10 am

JaimeSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Axxxtw you did a great and originally creative job. I'm guessing you have moved on and won't even be reading this site anymore, but, hey I thought I would give you your props.

Big shoes to fill you guys..................sure you can do it

Posted: 2010-09-02, 7:21 pm

george47 Power Kat
Amsterdam Chris wrote:
We always welcome any feedback that may help improve the site.

Would it be possible to add simple functions like a quote button and perhaps the common colour, bold, underline etc options you see available on other forums? Just basic stuff, I am certainly not asking for smileys or flashing avatars.
I also think it would be good to allow posts to be edited indefinitely by the author. Sometimes there are errors spotted later or something that turns out to be inappropriate at a later date. In my club list for example it would be good to add new ones which I missed and remove any that close.
Good luck with the forum.
Posted: 2010-09-04, 2:33 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The King is dead, Long live the King(s)!

Well you know what I mean.

Thanks to the original ignatz and the "II" team for taking over.

bb69

PS: Nice to see that some of the old contributors have returned.

Posted: 2010-09-04, 6:01 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Allowing infinite edit time turns into a problem when discussions get heated. B responds to A and then A changes his earlier post to make B look bad. Less important here but something to consider.

Some boards have a place where members can leave and maintain a file. This could be useful here.

Posted: 2010-09-06, 12:59 am

MiamiDaveSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Haven't had too much time to check out all the recent posts, so piling on this a little late.

None-the-less wanted to thank Chris, Wim and Bluto for continuing the board. I imagine it is not as simple as it sounds. God knows how tough it is for me even to find time to post a trip report, so thanks.

It was good to meet Chris and Wim in person earlier in the year. From all 3 of you I received a lot of great tips and recommendations.

I hope to be in AMS in mid september and hope to be able to contribute back again.
 [ 40 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: