Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 1 post ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The archives are back
Posted: 2014-03-03, 7:23 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Posted this a month or two ago but we accidentally deleted it. Here it is again.

A few years ago the 1999-2004 archive search stopped working. I couldn't figure out why at the time. There are two separate versions of the search program, which is ancient. I tried using the other one (the php version) and it seemed to work, so I forgot about it. Today I was tinkering and got the old version working again. Now, far more posts come up when you run the same searches and there are less broken links. Try it out. I wasn't here in the old days so I didn't realise the extent of what was missing; I didn't know what to search for to test it.

I don't have the program that created the search index (axxxtw had it on an old computer in a box somewhere at the time of the site handover, I believe), just the index itself (a binary (i.e. not human readable) file), so what's there is there -- I can't resolve any remaining problems with it. But a lot more posts should be available for searching now at least.

[ 1 post ] 

Jump to: