Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
making the site mobile for US visitors with no cell data
Posted: 2012-10-04, 3:21 pm

TH
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi,

Love the site. Only problem is that when I'm walking around rld, id like to be able to quickly check reports. Problem is I'm from the US and in amsterdam I will not have celllular data. So no internet connection while on the street. I tried downloading an offline browser for my phone (android), but none will work bc the girls section is password protected, so all it downloads is the password screen (I've tried 4 different apps or so, all do the same. I can make a pdf of the top level page but then I lose all of the critical information, and it becomes mostly useless. An offline android app for the site would be dreamy, but if someone can think of a way to use an offline browser on the girls section, that would work too. I could update each dayvia wifi before heading out.

Thanks!
Re: making the site mobile for US visitors with no cell data
Posted: 2012-10-04, 3:48 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Do you know the names of the offline browsers you used? I'd like to know so maybe I can identify their signatures and block them. Seriously, please don't do this. We're a small site and this is abuse of the server, which is really only sufficiently provisioned for the active, legitimate traffic we get. These things make multiple requests a second, downloading everything as fast as they can and slowing things down for humans who are actually trying to read the site.

Posted: 2012-10-04, 7:25 pm

TH
Ok, well you have no problem then since they can't get past the login screen. Don't know all names offhand but they all appear if you search google play with "offline browser".
Re: making the site mobile for US visitors with no cell data
Posted: 2012-10-05, 1:11 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
All I can suggest is finding a bar in the RLD with wi-fi and checking from there. I know Hunter's Bar has it and I think Cafe Remember might (not sure, I never go in there these days). I'm sure there are other nearby places that will give you the wireless password if you're a customer.

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: