Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Mark Forums as Read
Posted: 2014-07-07, 9:44 am

kingconan
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey,

Not sure if it is supposed to be like this but when clicking mark all forums as read on the main forum homepage it doesn't seem to affect the window girl/swinger forums. These forums still remain with the orange unread post flag until you go into the individual forum and mark it as read.

Cheers,

J
Re: Mark Forums as Read
Posted: 2014-07-07, 8:20 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Yeah, I noticed this as well... it's annoying. Not sure why I'm only noticing it now (hard to attribute it to the site migration since I didn't actually change anything in the database), but I think it's probably due to a little hack I made a while back so that the two "index" posts in "The Girls" would always be at the top. As you can see, the "posted" date is hidden on those two; in the database, it's some date in the year 2020, so that they'd always appear at the top. :-) The board probably always treats them as new since they always have a date in the future. So, yeah, really rather an ugly, lazy hack, and I'm pretty sure it's the reason for this problem... lol, sorry guys. I'll fix it when I have some time... hopefully by this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: the couples/swingers forum should not have this problem. only "The Girls." Can you confirm? Mark "couples/swingers" as read perhaps (there could be some old posts in there you haven't read), and then see if the icon stays grey until any new posts appear...

Posted: 2014-07-07, 9:59 pm

kingconan
You are absolutely right Bluto, swingers is not affected. :-)
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: