Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Best coffee shops for value?
Posted: 2011-07-10, 12:30 pm

liam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
What's the best coffee shop for value for money? I'll be staying in the old nickel hotel near central station but don't mind walking for it. I haven't been in 3 years. Has the prices of weed increased or still similar?
Re: Best coffee shops for value?
Posted: 2011-07-10, 4:40 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Yes, the price has gone up. Expect to pay 13 or 14 euro per gram for premium weed. Greenhouse Effect at Warmoestraat 57 offers 10, 20, 30 and 50 euro bags of their weed that contains slightly more weight than if you buy individual grams.
Posted: 2011-07-10, 4:47 pm

BadonkadonkSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I am not a smoker anylonger but I used to smoke so I believe I can add some info. I was in Amsterdam recently and did some research on ACD (Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory) and I wanted to buy a piece of hash just for nostalgia.

I understand that if you get out of the city centre you will find coffeeshops with lower prices. My research led me to a small coffeeshop called Chapiteau, that was a buy´n fly place, but with a really good selection and prices. For example I bought som Polm Gold at €6/gram which is really good. It will be a nice walk for you to get there from Central Station. Click on the link to read about it:

http://coffeeshopdirect.info/phpBB3/vie ... =5&t=11832
Posted: 2011-07-10, 5:05 pm

potlover
http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/CoffeeshopMenus.htm

Here you can find some prices, many are not up to date but you can always look for coffee shops that make special offers or discounts on bigger boughts.

Posted: 2011-07-10, 5:44 pm

liam
I like the look of that place, the menu looks good. How much would a taxi to there cost roughly? I wouldn't mind walking but I'd most likely get lost. Just walk back would be the better option I reckon.
Posted: 2011-07-10, 6:01 pm

Supporting Member
liam123cfc wrote:
I like the look of that place, the menu looks good. How much would a taxi to there cost roughly? I wouldn't mind walking but I'd most likely get lost. Just walk back would be the better option I reckon.

Actually it is not very far away but since I don´t use the taxi´s in Amsterdam I wouldn´t know about that. It can´t be very much though (if I´m taking a guess, maybe €10?). And there are trams too, of course. But why not try to walk there, if you have a map you should be fine I guess. I was walking over there from my hotel, which is close to Dam square/Westerkerk and it was a 25 minute walk, and the distance from Central Station is about the same, maybe even a little bit closer, so estimate 20 minutes for the walking. Good luck!
Posted: 2011-07-10, 6:18 pm

liam
According to Google maps it's 1 and a half miles and 30 minutes walk. Will probably just walk it and look for it. Cheers for the info.
Posted: 2011-07-11, 4:35 am

ithomas
new to amsterdam here.. do you know if the coffeeshops sell weed by single joints?
Posted: 2011-07-11, 5:03 am

Supporting Member
ithomas wrote:
new to amsterdam here.. do you know if the coffeeshops sell weed by single joints?

Yes they do, they are called pre-rolled joints. And since I wrote about Chapiteau you can have a look at their menu, to see what it looks like. Just to show an example of what a menu can look like at a coffeeshop. See the link and scroll down a bit and you will see "joints" in the menu.

http://coffeeshopdirect.info/phpBB3/vie ... =3&t=17982
Posted: 2011-07-11, 10:19 am

balou1999_75962
I would visit Bij, 1e Hulp or Coffeshop Kashmir in Old West. They all have strains that are less than 8 euro that are well worth the trek. Look at the www.coffeeshopmenus.org site that was posted earlier to do a little "shopping".

Peace
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: