Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
THE WEED SECTION
Posted: 2011-12-23, 4:01 pm

jgramos Moderator
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Welcome to the new Ignatzmice “Coffeeshop & Weed Section”.

The idea of this new forum ("The Weed"), along with subforum ("Coffeeshops :: Weed Reviews"), is to pull our smoking experiences together, and hopefully make sure that when a member of this site goes to Amsterdam, they’ll know where, and what, to smoke.

This section will be set up as 2 separate forums: the main forum is "The Weed", and the subforum is “Coffeeshops :: Weed Reviews”.

“The Weed”

This forum is for the discussion of coffeeshop or weed related topics, as well as a place for those who want to post weed reviews, questions, etc….

“Coffeeshops :: Weed Reviews”

This forum will be a reference point for members to find out about different weeds and coffeeshops, however, only myself and akaDrPussy will be able to post in this forum, as we will be gathering all information about different strains of weed smoked by members (from their reports), and catalogue them in Coffeeshop threads.

We have set up individual threads for several coffeeshops, obviously we hope this list will increase, but that will depend on which coffeeshops we all visit.

As you will be able to see, the first post of each thread is information relating to opening/closing times, refreshments, merchandise, etc… of the coffeeshop, then, we get to the weed.

We have then, from member's reports, populated each individual coffeeshop thread with reviews of it’s cannabis produce, or even more info about the coffeeshop itself.

If you have information about a coffeeshop not already listed in the forum, have more information about a coffeeshop already listed, or have a weed review not yet posted - you can either post it as a new thread in “The Weed”, post it as part of your actual Trip Report (posted in the Trip Report forum), or send it to me or akaDrPussy via Private Message – we can then either add it to an already existing thread, or set up a new thread – whichever’s appropriate. All information posted in this subforum will be creditted to the poster.

I know this will not fill the void of Paniked’s “weekly weed review” (which have been added to “The Weed” along with some other threads we thought should be here), but hopefully, by gathering all of our information in one place, we’ll be able to get a good guide together, and build on it as time goes on.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know.

Peace & regards

JGRamos & akaDrPussy

Posted: 2011-12-24, 5:59 pm

potlover
Wow, looks like one hell of a job, congratulations to both you and The Doc, and let's hope a ban never comes to effect, as it would be really nice to see this new forum filled too.

As a side note, took me a couple of minutes to realize that the layout of this section has been changed (or maybe i am just too stoned!) in the first minutes of its life, the idea is great and i'm sure you guys will set it up properly.

Again, nice work!

Re: THE WEED SECTION
Posted: 2011-12-24, 6:06 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Let me also extend my congratulations to JG and the good doctor. I had little to do with it other than setting up the new forum and testing permissions; they did all the heavy lifting. Thanks so much, guys.

potlover wrote:
As a side note, took me a couple of minutes to realize that the layout of this section has been changed (or maybe i am just too stoned!) in the first minutes of its life, the idea is great and i'm sure you guys will set it up properly.

What do you mean? I'm always a little paranoid after any change so please do let me know if anything looks odd or isn't working.

Bluto

Posted: 2011-12-24, 6:18 pm

potlover
I don't know Bluto, i was giving a quick look at the new forum then suddenly i got logged out, and on the message board i could see under "The Weed" two links, one was leading to the Weed Reviews subforum, which i guess is still under work as now it looks unreachable.

Anyway, i'm confident that everything will be fully functional no matter how you decide to set it.

Re: THE WEED SECTION
Posted: 2011-12-24, 6:24 pm

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
Thanks. Yeah, that section is closed for now so JG and Doc can populate it. I'm not sure why it would have appeared like that... I didn't change the permissions on that, only the main weed forum. Strange. But so long as it's working now, I guess I won't worry about it. A test account I just made can't see it, so hopefully things are working correctly.

I *did* incorrectly have a link to one of my test boards for a few minutes, so maybe that's what you saw. I realised about 10 minutes later and removed it.

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: