Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 20 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cannabis Cup Update
Posted: 2011-11-21, 7:07 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
A few quick words about this year's Cup...
Went to Opening Night with Lil Ale yesterday.
We rode our bikes since there was a tram strike .
(There is a bus that goes to the Cup...leaves from in front of the Victoria Hotel...but we were feeling adventurace.)

Very cool crowd...everybody friendly and high.
Plenty of entries to sample...
This year it all seems to be about the OGs.
(Ahhh, that California influence is coming through.)
Cali Connection sponsered the Party...with B.O.B. headlining...He threw out hundreds of joints to the crowd.
Word has it that it was Tahoe from Cali Connection...great weed...great show.

Some of the smaller seed companies were really making an effort.
Sea of Seeds, Devil's Harvest and Hortilab are some up and coming companies.
Hortilab has done well at the Cup in the in the past...their Stargazer is well recognized.

Today, it's about finding some of these good buds in the coffeeshops.
The usuals like Green House Effect, Grey Area and Barneys are out-the-door crowded.
Time to stray from the beaten path...
Two new places for me...
The Funky Monkey and 't Keteltje...
Two Sativa entries...
AMG from 't Keteltje, and Kalagaria from Funky Monkey.
Neither of these two will win any awards but, the AMG is a good skunk-like sativa.

Heading off to Easy Times to pick up some Critikal X Jack Herer.

Weather here is great....cool and foggy at night...No rain or wind...perfect weather for a smoke, a pint and a breeze around town.

If you're in town, let us know...
More to come...

Naroc!
-ale

Posted: 2011-11-22, 9:01 am

xxxcronicxxx
Thanks for keeping us updated, enjoy yo'self.

Cronic
Re: Cannabis Cup Update
Posted: 2011-11-22, 1:59 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Have you heard of any exceptional hashes?

Posted: 2011-11-22, 3:55 pm

Supporting Member
Grijpstra wrote:
Have you heard of any exceptional hashes?

So far the best is the Tahoe Wax...a concentrate available at Green Place for 50e/gm. ...ouch.
But you only need a little bit.
Of the "True" hashes...My favorite is still Caramello.
Picked up 2 grams for 20e. at Easy Times.
(Much better than the 18e/gm. at Barneys.)

Gonna do a bit more research on hashish today...
Damprijng for some Rifman Style hash...Katsu and then Mellow Yellow.

Lines are still out the door at Barneys, Grey Area and Green House.
Skipped last night's concert at the Milkweg to hang with some friends.
Tonight, The Green House, and their Hawaiian Snow, are hosting B-Real (Cypress Hill) at the Milkweg.
We will check this out between coffeeshop runs.

So many entries...so little time before the voting.

More soon,
Nastarovia!
-ale

Posted: 2011-11-23, 6:57 am

420 Power Kat
FLASHBACK :)

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you have good weather! Whats a California dude supposed to do if its not sunny all the time?

Cheers,,, what about the Beer Mr. Alelover? And FKK? And Goldentime,,,and the girls?

Posted: 2011-11-23, 4:18 pm

Supporting Member
Hey 420...

Honestly, the only real beer I've had is the house Bock from de Berkeede Suster...since it's next to the Green Place. Everything else has been "green label".

As for the ladies...I've been over the RLD for awhile now...all the negotiating and upselling takes the fun out of it.

So, it's down to either a trip to GT after the Cup...Or...choosing from Kinky.nl.
I think I'm going to meet up with a girl from Kinky.nl this evening before the concert at the Milkweg.
If that goes well, there will be no need to make a GT run.

Finally got into Grey Area last night.
They have a Judges Pak that includes their Indica entry "T-Light" and some Grey Crystals.
The T-Light is a nice OG...Not better than the Tahoe from Green Place...but still a good indica.
The Crystals were the same as always...they do absolutely nothing for me. Tastes like a Kief to me.
I have never understood all the hype around this.

The B-Real concert last night was pretty interesting...my first hip hop show...pretty sure I was one of the older ones in the crowd (50). Lil ale and I were down by the front of the stage...hooked up with two girls...From Maine of all places...a hot (very drunk and stoned) blonde and her brunette friend/caretaker.

If you look on B-Real.tv for the video...we are right in front...the hot blonde and the old guy in the green cashmere sweater. (Aren't sweaters proper hip-hop wear?)

Today...we search for the other indica entries...this means a long wait at Barneys and Green House...but it's gotta be done.

DNA Genetics is hosting tonight's hotbox concert at the Milkweg. The two girls from Maine want to come over before the show to pre-party before walking over. (Our flat is two minutes walk to the Milkweg.)
Only problem here...both girls are very cool...but both Lil ale and I are into the blonde...thinking I might have to Take One For The Team on this. (That's why I'm hoping Kinky.nl turns out to be a good alternative.)

Off to Barneys...
Salud!
-ale

Posted: 2011-11-23, 6:32 pm

smuler Power Kat
alelover45 wrote:
.hooked up with two girls...From Maine of all places...a hot (very drunk and stoned) blonde and her brunette friend/caretaker

Like those two girls we met Monk's kettle in San Francisco that night ?

But those girls were in Super hero costumes if I remember

If you find Camilia at GT, I would highly advise you to spend the hour with her

Tell her I said hello......

Bring me a Xmas present from your travels.....

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2011-11-23, 7:48 pm

sexfun
I guess no one else knows but for those who came to this year's Cup on today of all days the COPS just busted in and broke it all up. Pretty much sucked for me this year :(
Posted: 2011-11-23, 8:32 pm

love2suckshecock
sexfun wrote:
I guess no one else knows but for those who came to this year's Cup on today of all days the COPS just busted in and broke it all up. Pretty much sucked for me this year :(

MORE INFO

Police Raid Shock At 2011 High Times Cannabis Cup!!

Posted on: November 23rd, 2011 by admin 4 Comments

Just one hour ago 150 to 200 uniformed police officers stromed this year’s Cannabis Cup, our sources at the Cup say.

The Cannabis Cup, undoubtably the largest gathering on the planet to celebrate, discover and judge all things marijuana, has been raided by the Dutch police. Such police interference is unheard of in the 24 years of the Cup.

Our crew inside, Ali Bongo’s company directors and manager, jetted off to the Cup at the start of this week, intent on rooting out the hottest new strains on the market and bringing back the best new smoking materials and accessories back to our store. After several days of exploring, smoking, circulating, smoking, networking and smoking, they returned to the Cup this morning for more intrepid head-shop work. And some smoking.

The frantic telephone report I just received from the boss himself was that as they were leaving the Cup, 150 or more uniformed police advanced upon the venue and entered. Our crew managed to leave the venue, but report that people behind them were being stopped and searched.

Whilst a large amount of the police were in full uniform, our source says that many were also plain-clothes officers. The police were all carrying evidence bags.

The cup changed venue this year to the Leidseplein area of Amsterdam, and perhaps this may be linked in to police action, we’re unsure.

And that’s the word of the moment right now: we don’t know. The Cannabis Cup was in full swing with a full crowd there when numerous members of the Dutch police force decened upon the venue. We shall update as we know more.

This just in from the boss:

At the very least, it won’t be going on tonight. Who knows when or if it will be able to start back up. We could be witnessing the end of the Cannabis Cup; the end of an era.

“Amersterdam is changing.” Is the word from the boss, who’s out there now, relaying this news by telephone, “the Red-Light district has all changed and the whole feel of the ‘Dam is very different from previous years. It’s sad times.”

So sad times at the High Times cup.

Another contact INSIDE the venue just contacted us with this update:

The police are advancing under the pretense of some kind of Opium law. The Cup is usually not subject to police action, but they are stopping and searching everyone here.

The police are confiscating, bagging and impounding everything from everyone, but are taking no names or hauling no one into custody so far, at least that I’ve seen.

Our source believes that it is the that fact the Cup has moved location that could be the catalyst for the police raid. He has indicated that the local authority (The Mayor?) of this particular area is unhappy with The Cup’s presence in his duristiction and has sent police in.

Whilst the police continue to collect and confiscate any illicit matterials (bear in mind this is The Cannabis Cup so they could be some time!) the people inside the venue are smoking up as quick as they can. A circle of smokers is growing and people plan to blaze up whatever they are carrying before it gets taken from them by the local forces.

This is all we know for now – you’ll have more as we hear it.

The boss from the ‘Dam:

“Ok this is not a wind up. Closed down event. People being searched on exit. But this way BIGGER than that. More updates to follow”

Sensi Seeds inform us: “Police directly targeting event & attendees! Searching patrons, arrests for possession of more than 5g of cannabis”

So the Dutch forces are now implimenting a 5g limit on everyone attending the cup, is the amount you have on your person exceeds 5g, further action will be taken.
http://www.alibongo.co.uk/blog/compe...s-cannabis-cup
Posted: 2011-11-24, 4:24 am

pudge
Aparently No attendees were arrested and attendees are not the targets of the police presence. Police entered the expo to ensure that all vendors were in compliance with tax laws and a 500 gram limit for cannabis that’s enforced in the Netherlands. Only one vendor has been identified as potentially over the limit, and if so, only slightly.

Still its a sign of bad times,lol

more info here : http://hightimes.com/news/ht_admin/7413/
Posted: 2011-11-24, 12:00 pm

jgramos Moderator
I dunno, it all feels a bit suspect to me. Does anyone else think, after Derry's "promotional" arrest last year, that he could arrange something like this......or could it be one of the non-Cannabis-Cup-contesting coffeeshops trying to cause issues for those that do compete??

The opium thing, I've heard that being quoted at different times over the last few years.....it's just cos some people say that some hash has a content of opiates. If you have up to 5g's of weed or hash on you, they won't do anything, but if they think your hash may have opiates in them, they can take them and arrest you.....but without teting the hash you couldn't tell.

Anyway, I'm not taking this as a "doom and gloom" story at the moment.......fact is, they walk into coffeeshops across the Netherlands on a regular basis, check customers ID's and sometimes how much weed they have on their person, and also check what the coffeeshop has in stock. This just seems to be on a bigger scale, but there's not really a difference. Also, people could be right, the change of venue could've been something to do with it......i.e. someone local to the new location doesn't like it so made something up to the police, or even the previous location could've taken the move badly!?

I'm sure it'll come out at some point. If it had been planned in advance, someone would've found out about it before it happened, I'm sure!!

Peace

Posted: 2011-11-24, 5:01 pm

potlover
Little personal update:
I'm high, horny and almost out of money. LoL
Didn't really take part to the cup (sorry), but i had a lot else to do.
Weed is fantastic, found a fantastic girl...

Posted: 2011-11-24, 5:53 pm

Supporting Member
Just got back from the Cup. Did our voting and picked up a few seeds.
No police today, but there were continual announcements over the PA reminding us to have only 5 gm. Or less on our person.
Awards ceremony tonight at Milkweg.
I think Kosher Kush will win.(Voyager coffeeshop by DNA genetics)
Caramella is my choice in the hash category.
I'll write up the winners list later tonight.
Salud!
-ale

Posted: 2011-11-25, 2:48 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
And the winner of the 24th High Times Cannabis Cup is.......

Barneys with it's Liberty Haze!

So Derry won the toss of the coin this year....don't be too sad Green House it will be your turn next year!

Posted: 2011-11-25, 3:49 pm

pudge
Just outa curiosity, how many times has barneys won it in total ?
Posted: 2011-11-25, 4:26 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Their domination is in more recent times....prior to this years cup they had won 6 out of the previous 10 with the Green House taking the cup in the years they didn't win.

Posted: 2011-11-25, 4:59 pm

Supporting Member
Yes...Barney's did indeed win with it's Liberty Haze...Wasn't even the best Haze in my opinion.
It was his turn I guess.

But , let's talk about some other highlights...
Kosher Kush from Voyager by way of DNA won for the Indicas...you did hear it first from me the other day.
Our boys from Cali Connection did very well.
They won the Nederhash category with their Tahoe OG Melt.
They also picked up a few seconds and a third place as well (with Tahoe OG and Sour OG)

So, while Green House and Barney's stole most of the cups...there were some cool highlights for the underdogs.

Now it is time to change focus from weed to women...
Naroc!
-ale

Posted: 2011-11-25, 5:37 pm

jgramos Moderator
alelover45 wrote:
Yes...Barney's did indeed win with it's Liberty Haze...Wasn't even the best Haze in my opinion.

This just proves a point......it's precisely why I've never bothered going to the CC.....the wrong weeds generally win, from coffeeshops who generally "buy" their votes!!

Posted: 2011-11-25, 6:00 pm

pudge
Thanks for the reply guys, as i was having a conversation with some people and a few said they were sick of Barneys win streak because it seems the only time he has quality weed is leading up to the cannabis cup, during it and about a month after it.(this could be the case for others too)

then in the new year they go back to selling average stuff to shop customers.
to me the "average" is still good enough but i think a little pricey for some strains on the menu.

my last few trips to the Dam i just stuck to the hash, as i have good weed at home.

ill give credit to barneys, he has a seriously good nepalese temple ball, and then im up to the Dampkring for the nepalese pollen. i used the pollen for the daytime walking around, nice head buzz,low in body, not like a zombie walking around. then for the night-time the temple ball.

Pudge.
Posted: 2011-11-27, 10:36 pm

jgramos Moderator
pudge, to be fair, I don't think it works quite that way throughout all coffeeshops.

Standards of weeds can change from time to time, but it depends on who's growing it, how it's being grown, etc... However, you're probably right with regards to some of the shops that take part in the CC, if they hit a perfect batch in the run-up to the cup, it won't hit the shelves of the shop until the cup.

Also, I know that a certain coffeeshop, in the past, has just changed the name of a weed off their menu to enter it in the cup as a new entrant.

I became fed up of Barney's some time ago, but you do sometimes hear of good batches there.

[ 20 posts ] 

Jump to: