Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Your preferred coffeeshops?
Posted: 2013-12-27, 3:49 am

Amsterdamaged1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have been to plenty all one's on high street ect. I have never visited Grey area, Barneys, Green house? I think there is 2 or 3? I have been to 1 of them next to a rental bike shop. been to Hunters, Bulldogs ect. my friends tell me Barneys and a coffeeshop called ''Amnesia''was the best coffeeshops they visited. they mentioned Grey area was pretty small? anyway what do you guys think of these coffeeshops? and which is the best coffeeshops for a great and different variety of a menu?

thanks.
Re: Your preferred coffeeshops?
Posted: 2013-12-29, 7:48 pm

smokes
Grey area... brilliant weed but very small and always with a queue, but worth waiting for!

I like Dampkring (spacious), Betty Boop (nice atmosphere), Betty Too and Barneys (for the volcanoes and milkshakes!) the most.
Posted: 2013-12-29, 9:38 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Preferred coffeeshop...
I'm a big fan of Greenplace...For the following reasons:
Location...At Kloveniersburgwal 4...With outside seating for some fresh air and great people watching.
Weed...Decent selection of weed and hash...Always cured properly and reasonable prices.
Budtenders...Very knowledgeable and efficient.
Overall, a great place to relax with some fine cannabis.
Naroc!
-ale

Posted: 2013-12-30, 4:48 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I like Grey Area for both weed and the limited Hash menu.
In all these years, I don't think I have EVER been able to get a seat.

I prefer to sit and smoke at Amnesia. Only about a block away, but infinitely more comfortable and welcoming.

For breakfast wake and bake, I like Popeye's. Really friendly owners, with a nice greasy English breakfast.

For lunch, I like Paradox. Yummy toasties!

For hasj, I like Tweede Kammer or Bluebird, or Sibarie, depending on which side of town I am on.

When I fly in, usually at 7AM, I always end up opening Hunters. I like to stop there while mongering to check in on the internet and look up some new lovely target!

When mongering in the Singel, I hang out at Anyday. I understand that they will no longer be open during school days due to proximity to a school, and face closure in the next year. Sad.

When mongering in the Pipj, I really like Katsu. Great weed. Where my relatives used to shop.
If I am drinking at Jan Steeg, I will pick up weed at Kabuter, but I have to admit that the place is a little strange!

And I do like GreenPlace, but the crowd can be a little gruff.

I have sworn off Smokeys, Bushmaster, and the other shops on Rembrandtsplein, as well as most of the re-branded shops on Harlemmerstraat, ESPECIALLY Barney's!

How's that?
Weasel

Posted: 2014-01-02, 2:33 am

Amsterdamaged1
smokes wrote:
Grey area... brilliant weed but very small and always with a queue, but worth waiting for!

I like Dampkring (spacious), Betty Boop (nice atmosphere), Betty Too and Barneys (for the volcanoes and milkshakes!) the most.

Thank you for you're informative reply.
Posted: 2014-01-02, 2:37 am

Amsterdamaged1
alelover45 wrote:
Preferred coffeeshop...
I'm a big fan of Greenplace...For the following reasons:
Location...At Kloveniersburgwal 4...With outside seating for some fresh air and great people watching.
Weed...Decent selection of weed and hash...Always cured properly and reasonable prices.
Budtenders...Very knowledgeable and efficient.
Overall, a great place to relax with some fine cannabis.
Naroc!
-ale

Thanks buddy, appreciate you're input on Greenhouse. I gather it is a main attraction those looking for Coffeeshops that is.
Posted: 2014-01-02, 2:44 am

Amsterdamaged1
weasel9x9 wrote:
I like Grey Area for both weed and the limited Hash menu.
In all these years, I don't think I have EVER been able to get a seat.

I prefer to sit and smoke at Amnesia. Only about a block away, but infinitely more comfortable and welcoming.

For breakfast wake and bake, I like Popeye's. Really friendly owners, with a nice greasy English breakfast.

For lunch, I like Paradox. Yummy toasties!

For hasj, I like Tweede Kammer or Bluebird, or Sibarie, depending on which side of town I am on.

When I fly in, usually at 7AM, I always end up opening Hunters. I like to stop there while mongering to check in on the internet and look up some new lovely target!

When mongering in the Singel, I hang out at Anyday. I understand that they will no longer be open during school days due to proximity to a school, and face closure in the next year. Sad.

When mongering in the Pipj, I really like Katsu. Great weed. Where my relatives used to shop.
If I am drinking at Jan Steeg, I will pick up weed at Kabuter, but I have to admit that the place is a little strange!

And I do like GreenPlace, but the crowd can be a little gruff.

I have sworn off Smokeys, Bushmaster, and the other shops on Rembrandtsplein, as well as most of the re-branded shops on Harlemmerstraat, ESPECIALLY Barney's!

How's that?
Weasel

I am intrigued about hashish especially likes of Polins ect. I think they're great, really nice soothing kind of stoned you get from them. I think I only ever got Hashish from Hunters when I visited. I will have to check the coffeeshops you mentioned. I think I can recall Bluebird.

I do hear many say Grey area is small lol. surprised I never stumbled across a few of these coffeeshops, I've heard nothing but good things about Barneys and also the Vanilla Kush from Amnesia, apparently meant to be different than any other coffeeshops Vanilla Kush?

I think I will take you up on Popeye's ahah;)

Is great mate, appreciated.

Thanks for the very informative reply.
Posted: 2014-01-05, 3:32 am

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey Starz...
Don't confuse Green Place with Green House.
I mentioned Green Place as my desired coffeeshop.
I actually avoid the Green House (all of them) whenever possible...their cannabis is usually overpriced and under-cured.
So...think Green Place...
salud,
-ale

Posted: 2014-01-06, 4:25 am

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I just excerpted this from my trip report "Christmas with Hans Brinker" (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22376), currently active in the Trip Reports forum. I have been going to Baba lately. I don't buy weed there; I just like to go there.

I usually vaporize my weed, so I headed over to Baba coffeeshop, a place that I have been frequenting in my more recent Amsterdam visits. I rarely buy any weed there, so I can't vouch for the quality of their stuff, but there are several other reasons I go there. One, of course, is the vaporizers.

Baba has a large number of vaporizers and you can almost always find one available, though it make take some squeezing around to do it. You can't be fussy about your personal space in coffeeshops or, for that matter in general. You kind of have to get used to a lot more jostling than we normally tolerate. But Baba is a fairly large coffeeshop, and things have to be really busy for it to be impossible to find a spot.

The layout of the coffeeshop permits a good flow of people. By "good" I mean with relation to many other coffeeshops where you nearly have to crawl over people to get anywhere and in/out traffic must share the same space. It can still get tight. One of the tables is bordered on its long side by a brass rail that separates it from the bathroom area. It's my favorite table. Anyone seated in that area can simply duck under the rail for quick access to the bathrooms which, by the way, are relatively large and well kept, for a coffeeshop. It is also the quickest way to get to the weed bar.

The vaporizers themselves are huge glass monstrosities, close to two feet tall. I would never have one around my house. But in a commercial environment they serve well. Volcanos cannot stand up to the use that vaporizers in Amsterdam coffeeshops see. The balloons quickly develop leaks, they frequently seem to have problems with air flow, and often they simply aren't even working. The temperature of the glass vaporizers can't be controlled, but it's close enough. And they are surprisingly durable, considering the number of parts, the height of the assembled pieces, and the close proximity of very many, very stoned, humans.

I like the feel of the place too. The people there are nice, despite the place's proximity to the RLD and there are a couple of quite cute and very friendly bartenders. While some coffeeshops have something of a sleazy feel to them, Baba is clean and the decor is even nicely done. There are Indian wood carvings and a large hammered brass sculpture of Baba Ganesh

Baba Ganesh2.jpg
Baba Ganesh2.jpg [ 372.28 KiB ]

The prices for drinks tends to be lower there than at other shops. I often have Looza fruit drinks or a coffee. Each costs 2 euros at Baba, while they are often 2.50 or even 3 euros at others. And I usually like the music there too. I don't know my genres well enough to classify it, but at least its not cookie cutter American chart toppers. They often have video of DJ performances, but most of the time the video and audio are not related. Sometimes, though, they do have some of the DJ performances going to the audio and I have started to have a better appreciation of what they do. It's fascinating to watch them work a crowd.

Since I'm recycling that piece of writing already, I might as well add this:
I stopped in at Greenhouse Effect on Warmoesstraat. It's close, and I know one of the budtenders there, whose recommendations I can trust. He hooked me up with some Amnesia Haze. Very tasty stuff. And very effective... I can definitely endorse the Amnesia Haze from Greenhouse Effect. In a vaporizer, it has a somewhat citrusy, almost lime-like, flavor. Very fresh tasting. Harvery Wallenbanger (not here yet) is much more of a rolled joint guy and we also smoked a good bit of the Haze that way as well. It was still quite tasty in joint form too... The Haze did an excellent job of eliminating the remaining jitters and weak feeling that comes from travel.

We smoked a number of varieties, though most were sativas. One of the days we were there we tried an indica and it damn near finished me off for the day. Despite the amount that we were smoking, the Amnesia Haze continued to be effective, while some of the others had me wondering why I was abusing my lungs.

I was not as impressed with the Dr. Grinspoon from Barney's as I was on the last visit. It seemed overly dried and didn't have much flavor, even in a vaporizer. The potency wasn't there either. I bought some other stuff too, but I can't remember what it was or where I got it. We were going through a lot of weed.

the dogs
Posted: 2014-04-04, 7:47 pm

Silverback
I'm taking a coffee shop map on my next visit haha.

There are so many coffeeshops I wanna try out but when I get there I always head straight to Hunter's, get baked, then never venture any further out than the RLD.

And let's face it, even to the regulars, all those alleys are enough to throw anyone off the scent, especially when you're high.

But I shall definitely venture out this time to these recommended stoner huts.

...I hope! :P

[ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: