Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 17 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
BHO wax/shatter
Posted: 2014-10-01, 1:05 am

dayman
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I know someone will probably say there are 15 threads answering this but I had trouble finding anything definitive. Is anyone aware of a coffeeshop that has wax or shatter to do dabs? Or anywhere that has legitimate edibles although I gather that is pretty much non existent.
Re: BHO wax/shatter
Posted: 2014-10-02, 8:55 am

doubletree2
There is nothing like usa quality. I think no wax in coffeeshop but the best u could get is ice hash. I found cali bud is way better than amsterdam. The weed is alright in amsterdam but nothing like cali
Posted: 2014-10-02, 10:22 pm

Mister Mingeater
The coffeeshops aren't selling it any more and as said previously the 'ices' are a fair option.
For instance Bluebird currently have some decent Amnesia Ice and Melting Pot ( price range 22 to 26 Euros per g.)

Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2014-10-03, 12:29 am

dayman
Thanks for the info. Im guessing ice hash is same as bubble hash.
Posted: 2014-10-07, 7:20 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
There used to be a good selection at 1e Hulp. I wonder if it is still available, just not advertised, or if they have decided steer clear.
Wasn't there talk of nothing with a THC concentration beyond a certain percentage?
Hard to police with weed strains, but wax etc...............

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/1e%20Hulp/Menus/1e%20Hulp.html

Posted: 2014-10-11, 11:35 pm

mjpd
I'm an old smoker and have been to Amsterdam many times, but I don't know exactly what wax is. I know all about ice hash, but wax has me stumped.

Can anyone enlighten mea/

Thx.
Posted: 2014-10-12, 9:46 am

Shinken69 Power Kat
I'm certainly no expert, but from what I've gleaned from others (most of whom were REAL high at the time).....
These are extreme concentrates from a Butane extraction method. Maybe ~80%.
Oil, shatter or wax is essentially the consistency of the end product which is determined by the purity of the extract and how the Butane is purged.
I'm sure others on here could give a more precise answer.

All I can say with confidence is you should not under estimate the potency.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xgi9QtW4zuI

Posted: 2014-10-12, 12:46 pm

dayman
Thats my understanding. Potent hash made with butane extraction. When I have done it you take a small spec of it and put a hot nail to it. A tiny bit does the job. Literally just a little bigger then a pen point.
Posted: 2014-10-13, 7:18 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I’m a bit familiar with this subject.
(Having made more than a few batches.)
Shinken gives a good definition of wax…
And Dayman is correct…A little bit is all you need.
I was in town with my son this last June.
We saw plenty of coffeeshops that had wax on their menu…always very expensive.
Bushdoctor…down in the Rembrandtplein had quite a few examples.
They even differentiated between products made from BHO and nitrogen on their menu.
Young skinny kid working there with black framed glasses and big hair (like a young Buddy Holly) was very knowledgeable.
Very expensive…95 euro per gram for some of them…ouch.
Good thing we brought our own.
At the Green Place in the Nieuwmarkt, they have a small instrument with a nail and propane torch that can be used for dabbing.
Little Mo was kind enough to let us borrow the tool to share some of our wax with those people showing an interest in trying it.
A great session…

So, it surprises me to hear that wax is no longer available. It must have happened within the last three months. More investigation is needed. If someone happens to be near the Rembrandtplein, maybe stop in at Bushdoctor...look for little Buddy Holly…and ask him what the issues are regarding wax.

I’ll have my son check with his friends that work at Coffeeshops in town to see if they know anything.
We will get to the bottom of this.
More to follow…

Salud,
ale

Attachments
My homemade wax.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 688.31 KiB ]

Posted: 2014-10-13, 7:38 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
It's no longer on the menu at Bush doctor, et al.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Bushdoctor/Menus/Bushdoctor.html

Last menu with Wax was uploaded April 2013.

I don't know what prompted the removal of wax from the menus, I can only think of the proposed reclassification of anything with a THC concentration >15% as hard drugs.
Although, a limit of 15% would put far more than wax off the menu.

It may still be available on request though.
This was always the situation in a couple of shops.

Posted: 2014-10-13, 8:10 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
Just read the following on ACD, posted 28th Sept 2014.

"no extracts on the menu of Bushdoctor anymore this weekend... after asking
the budlady showed me only some Kushadelic Ice (55€/g)... she said WAX/BHO
and so on is banned from the most shops menus now

Also Greenhouse has only Greenhouse Ice (22€/g) on the menu...
Buebird has no extracts, too. Only Amnesia Ice and Melting Pot (25€/0,5g)..."

Posted: 2014-10-15, 7:33 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
So a friend says that the shops have received a letter warning that WAX, shatter, etc. are class A.
Hence they are now off the menu.
It also doesn't sound like there's any available from under the counter. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
If that's the deal, I wonder how they'd react to you bringing your own and dabbing in the shop??

Interesting to see what happens during the cup as dabbing seemed to be much more prevalent in the shops during that time.

Posted: 2014-10-19, 4:05 pm

HighClouds
doubletree2 wrote:
There is nothing like usa quality. I think no wax in coffeeshop but the best u could get is ice hash. I found cali bud is way better than amsterdam. The weed is alright in amsterdam but nothing like cali

I'm wondering how Colorado quality compares with Amsterdam these days. I would assume that the purity, potency, variety and types (smokables, edbles etc) are significantly better in CO. Again, nothing to back this up, but the open legality and inspection processes most likely contribute - not to mention good ole yankee ingenuity like the O-Pen vape; no idea how well it works, but what a great concept!
Posted: 2014-12-02, 12:16 pm

expatsam
Quote:
Or anywhere that has legitimate edibles although I gather that is pretty much non existent.

Agreed, pretty much non-existent in my experience unless you make them yourself. On that front, the commercial products produced for Cali dispensaries far exceed anything commercial I've ever eaten in Amsterdam (my favorite Cali treats are the AM/PM fruit jellies, although I do tend to reverse the AM-PM advice). I've pretty much given up on eating anything allegedly space-y from coffeeshops.

As to the wax, all I can say is that I can personally attest to the power and glory of Ale's production and to the generosity and enthusiasm with which he shares his treasures from the Golden State. Always grateful to find myself in his company when he's on the Continent.

expatsam
Posted: 2014-12-02, 2:02 pm

dayman
I just got some wax yesterday and rolled a joint with a pile keef and a wax stick in the middle. It looked like some sort of magical enchilada. I am going to San Diego in mid January and want to try all the good cali edibles but unfortunately out of state can't get medical card. I hear San Diego is somewhat conservative so I imagine I may have a hard time finding nugget.
Posted: 2014-12-03, 5:20 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
As far as I'm concerned contemporary marijuana is so strong I can't imagine any benefit in further concentrating it. I guess some folks feel they need to minimize smoke inhalation. But the whole thing strikes me as a sort of fetishistic one-upmanship. When I visit Amsterdam one cone-shaped pre-rolled joint will last me 2-3 days!

Posted: 2014-12-19, 5:36 am

smuler Power Kat
alelover45 wrote:
I’m a bit familiar with this subject.
(Having made more than a few batches.)

Ale...
Please leave some under the tree when I pull into town next week

Too bad I will miss you..
We will catch up when you return

Best Regards

Smuler